Here we go

Italian Bills

Ok… yesterday it happened what everyone here dreamed: 

- loss of KC, PHINS and JETS. 

This is our master chance to get what we deserve: THE FIRST SEED !

For the last years we have been pretty good but when it comes to the last game before the SB we were always forced to play in that hated field called Arrowhead because we have never been the n.1 seed. 

The road is still a long way to go, but we are a great team and getting healthier week after week we can dominate every team, i do not have doubt on it. 

Another thing i would love to ask you is: we play almost always the nickel; i noted that we suffer much in the soft spots in the middle of the field with short throws, so i was wondering if with 3 LBs at the same time, Edmunds, Milano and Klein it could help to close those spots forcing the QBs to go deep where we have a great secondary when all healthy. 
And with the 4-3 we could also strengthen the run D. 

Opinions ? 

• Like (+1) 2

4-3 would likely help the run d, but would hurt the pass d a ton.  we'd take our nickle corner of the field.  now our nickle corner has been really good in the past and is having a kinda crappy season this year, but the LBs we have behind our two starters are cheeks.

we only go 4-3 when the opponents go heavy jumbo and even throw an extra lineman on the pitch.

35 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

For the last years we have been pretty good but when it comes to the last game before the SB we were always forced to play in that hated field called Arrowhead because we have never been the n.1 seed. 

The road is still a long way to go, but we are a great team and getting healthier week after week we can dominate every team, i do not have doubt on it. 

Another thing i would love to ask you is: we play almost always the nickel; i noted that we suffer much in the soft spots in the middle of the field with short throws, so i was wondering if with 3 LBs at the same time, Edmunds, Milano and Klein it could help to close those spots forcing the QBs to go deep where we have a great secondary when all healthy. 

Opinions ? 

Taron Johnson is a good tackler, and can more effectively man-match with a TE than someone like Klein.  Klein they brought in because the backups just weren't instinctively quick enough.  

Since we play a ton of cover 2/cover 4/Palms, its also largely a communication defense as people move who they are covering based on the offense look.  The middle of the field is definitely the area you can most take advantage of, but you have edmunds and milano  in there, and depending on leverage you might have a safety roll into a rat defender role.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Opinions ? 

gotta remember that defensive formation is not just dictated by system and optimal personnel but also contingent on what the opposing offense is presenting. So you don’t just get away from your base formation (nickel for the Bills) to “try things out.” 

The Bills run defense has been fine the last few weeks. Chubb was invisible. Both Lions’ backs (both very good) were under 4 ypc. Stevenson, who has destroyed defenses at times this year, had one good chunk run on like 10 total carries.  I think you’re creating problems in promotion of your idea.

56 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Opinions ? 

I've been preaching this right along. If we do this, not only can we stop the run , but we can also rotate our LBs on blitzes. If we double Wilson with White and Hamlin along with Rhodes and Poyer taking away Moore, we should be able to keep the Jets off the field.

Edited by nosejob

44 minutes ago, colin said:

4-3 would likely help the run d, but would hurt the pass d a ton.  we'd take our nickle corner of the field.  now our nickle corner has been really good in the past and is having a kinda crappy season this year, but the LBs we have behind our two starters are cheeks.

we only go 4-3 when the opponents go heavy jumbo and even throw an extra lineman on the pitch.

They are more likely to do a 5-1-5 than a 4-3-4

msny teams use 3WR sets. If thry go 2 TEs then they can move Milano up to rush/ run stuff or thry are aZ5-2-4 where Miller at LB playing the line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.