Mini-bye: 3 days off, how many players leave town?

Beck Water

Anyone know? 

I woulda thought that 3 days off would be about enough to get some PT/heal up a bit, get a massage and start to feel better, maybe have a "date night" with your partner and do something special with your kids, but not to fly out of town and fly back, especially commercial.

OTOH, for players with family out of town, especially elders, it's a chance to catch up on the missed Thanksgiving visits.

It's December and your are trying to win a Chamionship. No one should be leaving town. These guys should be competely engrossed in ironing out the sloppy play and being as prepared as possibly for a Jets team that beat them last time around. 

There's a big difference between winners and Champions. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

It's December and your are trying to win a Chamionship. No one should be leaving town. These guys should be competely engrossed in ironing out the sloppy play and being as prepared as possibly for a Jets team that beat them last time around. 

And there is also merit in taking a mental break after all they had to deal with over the past 2 weeks as well so they can have a clear mind and better mental state for the stretch run coming up.  Can only burn the candle at both ends for so long before it burns out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

they were given 3 days off. Seeing the schedule the last 3 games they should rest, get away and visit family and do whatever they want. Plenty of time to prepare for the Jets

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

And there is also merit in taking a mental break after all they had to deal with over the past 2 weeks as well so they can have a clear mind and better mental state for the stretch run coming up.  Can only burn the candle at both ends for so long before it burns out.

Burn the candle for so long? They practiced twice in a two week span! Lmao

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Burn the candle for so long? They practiced twice in a two week span! Lmao

They had 3 days off.  How they spend it is up to them.  There were no scheduled practices during that time.

They just went through a crazy 12 day stretch and I'm sure that everyone needed a mini-break.

They get a full normal week with a home game.  It's working out perfect for them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

They have had an illness going around the locker room for 3 weeks. I hope they closed the facilities to quarantine/decontaminate for a few days. Hopefully thats enough time, but its better then nothing.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

They have had an illness going around the locker room for 3 weeks. I hope they closed the facilities to quarantine/decontaminate for a few days. Hopefully thats enough time, but its better then nothing.

From something Diggs indicated in a presser, I think it's a cold/respiratory virus.  Deep surface decontam probably not too helpful for that, and 2-3x/day disinfection of the touch surfaces (doorknobs, light switches, weight equipment, training stuff) should be happening routinely.

If it were a Norovirus (avert!) then yeah.

1 minute ago, Solomon Grundy said:

"It's a boy!!". I watch him drop her off/pickup from airport constantly. 

"It's a boy!!!!" was for his sister.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/09/bills-isaiah-mckenzie-does-gender-reveal-for-sister-in-rams-win/

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/isaiah-mckenzie-announces-sisters-gender-reveal-after-touchdown

Now, if you see him dropping off and picking up his GF from the airport and she looks preggers, maybe there's a second baby in the picture, but the gender reveal was 100% for his sis.

But I'd follow the wise advice of a former co-worker: "never ask a woman if she's pregnant".   A guy I worked with didn't follow this advice with another coworker (who already had 3 kids), and the result was.....mmmm, NOT pretty. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.