Quinnen Williams & Richard Sherman hardest QB to tackle

CorkScrewHill

9 minutes ago, gordong said:

I woke up...  priceless

I always thought Sherman was a jerk when he was playing, but he sure is entertaining.  He enjoys himself.  

"You see those blinks ..."   Great stuff. 

I read an article in SI once about linebackers.  One guy said he loved how when you really hit someone, everything goes white for a second.   

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

short video .. Mainly discussed running QBs but #1 was Josh .. Sherman memory of going against Josh was particularly amusing.

"We caught him running one time, and he lowered his shoulder pads, and I say "oh, it's the QB, you think you want to lower your pads, like Get Going!"

BAM!  I woke up, you see them little blinks, you're like hey wait a minute now"

Von Miller said it before the rest of the league, "he's got a stiff arm like Deion Sanders and you better have a plan when you go to tackle him".  The reporters were all like "you're kidding" and Von was "No, I'm serious!"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

For us the hardest QB to tackle seems to be Mac Jones 🤣

I didnt watch the video yet.

There can't be a Dline group in the league (minus Von Miller) that gets so close to QBs and always finds a way to come up empty on the sack sheet.  It happens what feels like 80% of the time 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

There can't be a Dline group in the league (minus Von Miller) that gets so close to QBs and always finds a way to come up empty on the sack sheet.  It happens what feels like 80% of the time 

I agree it does feel like our guys get there a lot and just dont finish.  Injury aside it was quite humorous watching Phillips trying to chase Jones for like half the football field and that happened twice on the same drive!

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Agreed.  He's a funny dude and cuts through the BS.  Go look up his email to his Stanford dormmates if you want a good chuckle.

https://deadspin.com/richard-shermans-email-to-his-stanford-dorm-is-priceles-922762394

"Stop bitching and *****in adapt"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

"We caught him running one time, and he lowered his shoulder pads, and I say "oh, it's the QB, you think you want to lower your pads, like Get Going!"

BAM!  I woke up, you see them little blinks, you're like hey wait a minute now"

Von Miller said it before the rest of the league, "he's got a stiff arm like Deion Sanders and you better have a plan when you go to tackle him".  The reporters were all like "you're kidding" and Von was "No, I'm serious!"

What "stiff arm like Deion Sanders"?  The DB whose best defense was to run right at him?  No Josh does NOT have a limp arm.

I thought some team should have signed Sherman to PS for "emergency, break glass".

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I always thought Sherman was a jerk when he was playing, but he sure is entertaining.  He enjoys himself.  

"You see those blinks ..."   Great stuff. 

I read an article in SI once about linebackers.  One guy said he loved how when you really hit someone, everything goes white for a second.   

I think part of it was Sherman was such an intelligent player that when coaches told him to do stuff that didn't make sense, he had to question them...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I think part of it was Sherman was such an intelligent player that when coaches told him to do stuff that didn't make sense, he had to question them...

I think he just got a big head.   The media always love it when they find someone who can talk and who is funny, because he tells them stuff about how the game works, and he's always good for a quote.   So, after only a few years in the league, he thought he was special because he was a media star while still playing.  He was too full of himself, and I don't like that in ballplayers.  As an announcer, however, he can get away with the same act that always bothered me when he was a player. 

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh will make alot of defensive players see them little blinks.

Yep. He wins the physics battle more often than not. That said, I’d like him to avoid those battles. But he’s such a competitor I’m not sure that will ever be fully stopped.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.