Seahawks and Eagles

PatsFanNH

5 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

John Elway has to be behind it somehow.

I think it's called "going to the Well once too often".  Elway brought in Manning on a RentATitle move, and he's been trying to reprise ever since.

Keenum?  Miracle in Minneapolis, he can play now, bring him in!

Flacco?  He won a SB on a perennially competitive Ravens team, Bring Him In!

Wilson?  Best QB in the league, he told us so himself, buy him that professional range to Let Russ Cook!

At some point, a team has to draft and develop talent

• Agree 1

Just now, Beck Water said:

I think it's called "going to the Well once too often".  Elway brought in Manning on a RentATitle move, and he's been trying to reprise ever since.

Wilson?  Best QB in the league, he told us so himself, buy him that professional range to Let Russ Cook!

I know he was "demoted" from President of Football Operations to some other role...but as you said, he's tried to bring in vet QB's several times since Manning...when will the Broncos understand, Elway is a stubborn blockhead and should concentrate on selling cars (example - they didn't want to trade Beane their #3 overall pick because their guy Chubb was still on the board...they could have drafted Josh Allen. LOL LOL)

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

just saw the draft order and dang! The Seahawks have the 3rd overall pick from Denver, so they would be able to get one of the top 2 QB’s in the draft if they wanted to AND still be in the playoffs this year.(Texans and Bears in front of them)

Eagles have the #6 pick from the Saints and they have to be the favorites to make the SB in the NFC. 

I don’t remember what the Saints traded for but damn that Wilson trade looks god awful! 

Philadelphia had 3 1sts last year.  Theirs, indy ( trading them their former qb) and Miami ( in 21 draft when Miami traded down then up). These were in the teens. First one they traded up a few spots.  Their last two they traded to the saints for the saints pick in their 1st in 23.

on the Saints pick…if the saints beat Tampa tonight they will be 5-8 and Tampa 5-7.  They can still end up in 1st place and the pick is then 19-32.

• Like (+1) 1

The trade for Wilson was bad, the contract they gave him is even worse.   Not sure what happened to him

45 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I would say they have done a decent job other than QB.   Pretty much 100% of media outlets thought the Wilson trade was just what they needed. Who predicted what we have seen this year?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

to @PatsFanNH , don't know how long you've been around but when the Pats were the Beasts in the East behind Brady and we were perennially looking up to them, the Pats getting unfair numbers of comp picks (or being awarded a comp pick for other teams miscues) was a running gag here.

Thanks! I’ve been around for awhile. Hell I was the voice of reason a few years when people were losing their minds here.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

That's not what I meant.  Which players are candidates to be picked first overall?

Since it’s the Texans, it probably will be a QB. Stroud from Ohio State and Young from Alabama are the top guys atm. Will Levis from Kentucky may challenge for the top spot as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

just saw the draft order and dang! The Seahawks have the 3rd overall pick from Denver, so they would be able to get one of the top 2 QB’s in the draft if they wanted to AND still be in the playoffs this year.(Texans and Bears in front of them)

Eagles have the #6 pick from the Saints and they have to be the favorites to make the SB in the NFC. 

I don’t remember what the Saints traded for but damn that Wilson trade looks god awful! 

Let's wait to see how the rest of the games play out before talking #6 pick to the Eagles.

Tonight's game against the Bucs could be a big game to determine who wins the NFCS.

A Saints win and they are a half game out of first with a much easier schedule than the Bucs.

Just now, LEBills said:

Since it’s the Texans, it probably will be a QB. Stroud from Ohio State and Young from Alabama are the top guys atm. Will Levis from Kentucky may challenge for the top spot as well.

I mean, the Texans absolutely have to take a QB, right?  Seems to me that Stroud and Young are a bit undersized and would be risky picks at No. 1 overall...

31 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The trade for Wilson was bad, the contract they gave him is even worse.   Not sure what happened to him

I would say they have done a decent job other than QB.   Pretty much 100% of media outlets thought the Wilson trade was just what they needed. Who predicted what we have seen this year?  

I must agree, I thought Wilson would be their Matt Stafford.

Part of their problem is that Nathaniel Hackett is no Sean McVay

I don't say that just in terms of X's and O's on offense which I  believe are workable with the right personnel.  I mean in terms of being a Leader of Men and holding guys (including Wilson) accountable

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Part of their problem is that Nathaniel Hackett is no Sean McVay, and I don't say that in terms of X's and O's on offense which I  believe are workable with the right personnel.  I mean in terms of being a Leader of Men and being able to hold guys (including Wilson) accountable

Hackett will have a hard time surviving this....at the very least the offense coordinator will have to get addressed.

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

I mean, the Texans absolutely have to take a QB, right?  Seems to me that Stroud and Young are a bit undersized and would be risky picks at No. 1 overall...

Yea after benching Mills they are def going QB. Young is pretty undersized, Stroud normal size. that’s why I think Levis has a shot to make a push for 1 overall as he is bigger and has a nice arm

2 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I remember the days of looking ahead to the draft at this point in the season 😇

2 hours ago, DJB said:

You must be new here. 

Usually after pre season game #1 we started to talk draft 

Yes normally at this point people are crushing guys because they are skipping a meaningless bowl game or yelling that the coaches need to be fired.  Glad we are past that point!  Oh wait...

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Part of their problem is that Nathaniel Hackett is no Sean McVay

I don't say that just in terms of X's and O's on offense which I  believe are workable with the right personnel.  I mean in terms of being a Leader of Men and holding guys (including Wilson) accountable

That offense is so bland, Vanilla producers have asked for trademark infringement for using their product in association with it. 

Wilson looks like garbage and HACKet is just that, a good ole boys club pick and a complete Hack.   HACKet has to be the first to go, his contract doesn’t count against the cap, they are STUCK with Wilson, there’s literally nothing they can do, his dead cap would consume over half their salary cap if they got rid of him.  They are screwed and wasting a TON of money either way.   Their only option is to live with Wilson and hope they can tailor something to his strengths, otherwise, they are in purgatory for a number of years.

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

That offense is so bland, Vanilla producers have asked for trademark infringement for using their product in association with it. 

Wilson looks like garbage and HACKet is just that, a good ole boys club pick and a complete Hack.   HACKet has to be the first to go, his contract doesn’t count against the cap, they are STUCK with Wilson, there’s literally nothing they can do, his dead cap would consume over half their salary cap if they got rid of him.  They are screwed and wasting a TON of money either way.   Their only option is to live with Wilson and hope they can tailor something to his strengths, otherwise, they are in purgatory for a number of years.

The worst part about it,for Denver fans at least, it that everyone claimed that all they needed was a QB. And that still may be true, well along with dumping Hackett. 

They are still top 3 in the league in points allowed.  Im sure another OC and QB could find a way to use Jeudy and Sutton.

A few weeks ago, I caught a Shannon Sharpe rant about them.  He went through their offense for the past 5 years, giving the points scored by each season's offense and said that with each of those offenses , Denver would be close to the top of the division and in the playoff hunt.

I dont know if they could have come up with a worse trade/coaching hire if they tried. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Geno is a balling, but I wouldn't be surprised to still see the Seahawks draft a QB high even if he leads them to a division title/playoffs.

Also don't forget about the Lions, they are a team on the rise and they will also be getting a top 5 draft pick from the Rams in the Stafford trade. They also got Goff in that deal who everyone wanted to write off but has been playing great football again this year so they may be set at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.