What an amazing Sunday!

Breakout Squad

I’ve never started a topic before but I just wanted to say what an amazing day Sunday was. Started off with dinner at Duffs with my parents and step-son. Watched the Vikings beat the Jets. Surprised them with 1st row glass seats at the game and watched an amazing game.

At the game I’m checking my phone and see the 49ers squished the fish and the Bengals were finishing off the Chiefs. Just like that we’re #1 seed. Then I see Sal C in the stands behind me and I really wanted to say hi. I just told him I’m a big fan and I appreciate his work and he asked my name and shook my hand. He was nice enough to take a picture with me and helped me get a good shot. Sal was really nice and polite and for whatever reason helped make the night that much better, especially fist bumping to the Bills being #1.  Then the Sabres took over the game and it was the first time I’ve seen them win in person in 6 games. 

I knew I’d have a good day at the game with family. I didn’t realize how amazing of a day this would be for our Buffalo family. I appreciate all of you on here!  Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly the best part of this weekend is not even taking back 1st place. 

It is

The animosity and disdain the Bengals and Chiefs have for one another. Whenever the Chiefs played Buffalo it felt like Mahomes found an extra gear for them. I think the Bengals now get that extra gear Mahomes. It would be amazing if these two teams somehow faced off in the 1st or 2nd Round.  

I think the NFL media will obsess over the Chiefs and Bengals as the AFC favorites. This is great for Buffalo who can now sit in the shadows and be the quiet assassin. The preseason Superbowl hype was nauseating and made this Bills fan uncomfortable. I prefer being the small market team that comes out of nowhere and shocks the world.

Dolphins proved today what we all knew about them. They ran over the CFL teams of their schedule but Tua ultimately had no answers when playing a legit NFL defense. 

Media so badly wants Miami to be good. It is weird.

Lions are quietly 4 - 1 over their past 5 games with their lone loss coming against a badly beat up Bills team missing most of their defense on a short week after a snow storm. That Lions win is going to keep looking better and better. I see the Lions winning out and sneaking into the playoffs.

How did the Vikings go 4 - 0 vs. the AFC East? They're so flawed. 

Jets are a dangerous team. Not a Superbowl contender by any means but right now I'd favour them vs. Miami, Tennessee, and the Ravens. They are the kind of team that can blow up a playoff bracket as they can beat anyone, but ultimately don't have the offensive horses to make a playoff run. If they find a qb... LOOK OUT!

I think the Raiders and Seahawks winning today could be very important for Buffalo. Raiders have the Rams, Patriots, and Steelers coming up. Win those three and all of the sudden they have something to play for when they play KC at home late in the year. 

Seahawks have to be thinking AFC West title after the injury to Grappolo and will not be an easy victory at home vs. the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

I’ve never started a topic before but I just wanted to say what an amazing day Sunday was. Started off with dinner at Duffs with my parents and step-son. Watched the Vikings beat the Jets. Surprised them with 1st row glass seats at the game and watched an amazing game.

At the game I’m checking my phone and see the 49ers squished the fish and the Bengals were finishing off the Chiefs. Just like that we’re #1 seed. Then I see Sal C in the stands behind me and I really wanted to say hi. I just told him I’m a big fan and I appreciate his work and he asked my name and shook my hand. He was nice enough to take a picture with me and helped me get a good shot. Sal was really nice and polite and for whatever reason helped make the night that much better, especially fist bumping to the Bills being #1.  Then the Sabres took over the game and it was the first time I’ve seen them win in person in 6 games. 

I knew I’d have a good day at the game with family. I didn’t realize how amazing of a day this would be for our Buffalo family. I appreciate all of you on here!  Go Bills!!

You sound like an amazing step-dad.  Not an easy job.

You and your wife should count your blessings!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Perfect way to break the seal on the topics!  I was so happy as well, broke out the good Scotch and me and my friends barely paid attention to the night game we were so pumped.  Could not believe everything fell just how we needed it to.  The only downfall is having to wait for next Sunday to get here so the Bills can put a little payback on the Jests and bring them back to reality.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Breakout Squad said:

How about that Cozens, Quinn, Peterka line!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.