Bills open as 9.5 favorites against Jets(10.5 some places)

Big Turk

Id like to see that Jets play in our playbook.  Not sure what they call it. It was when the back ran towards the sideline and the QB acted like he was going to throw downfield but then went to the back who had no one around him and he was able to pick up 10 yards.  There was a play sequence where the Jets ran that 3 times in a row yesterday and it worked every time.  Twice to one side and once to the other.  Vikings finally clamped it down on their fourth try.  That one looked to be going to a TE instead of the back though.

That is a great play to pick up some cheap yards.  All the offenses run it to some extent.  I think we have even run it as well but I think Josh isnt patient enough with it and he looks and throws the ball right away instead of trying to let receivers clear out the area, so no one is fooled and the back doesnt get much.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

These lines still make no sense but I do believe that if the same hungry team that showed up in NE comes to play they are going to dominate the Jets and their backup QB.

In some ways I was almost hoping the Jets would win against the Vikings to come in way overconfident but now I think they'll fade early once White starts turning the ball over again which already started yesterday.

4 hours ago, hemma said:

I think we were missing White, Poyer, Milano and Rousseau for 1/2, so they were definitely up against a much weaker D.

I think we step on their throats and cover that spread.  Rare for me as I am usually an arm flapper.

I really believe many of our problems from the GB game through the Detoit game were injury related, even spreading to the offense with complementary football stuff.

When we have Edmunds, Milano, Greg, Von, Poyer out there I think we are almost unbeatable on defense. Our issue is depth, and the talent level falls off a cliff when any one of them is out let alone two of them.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

These lines still make no sense but I do believe that if the same hungry (and healthy) team that showed up in NE comes to play they are going to dominate the Jets and their backup QB.

In some ways I was almost hoping the Jets would win against the Vikings to come in way overconfident but now I think they'll fade early once White starts turning the ball over again which already started yesterday.

Added for emphasis.  I think the bolded is more important than gauging the Bills' "hunger."

Mike White is absolutely a gunslinger and turnover machine.  If the Jets don't rein him in it will be ugly against a good defense like Buffalo has.

Edited by eball
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ok… thanks for the clarification on that …

Whilst my maths was wrong … I was trying to make the point that just because you are the favourite in every game… even a strong favourite… stringing 5 wins in a row together ain’t a walk in the park…

They’ve done studies ya know.  60% of the time, it works every time!

7 hours ago, hemma said:

I think we were missing White, Poyer, Milano and Rousseau for 1/2, so they were definitely up against a much weaker D.

I think we step on their throats and cover that spread.  Rare for me as I am usually an arm flapper.

I tend to agree.  To reiterate, the line closed at 10.5 at the Jets.  Flipping homefield, it should take the line to 14.  Instead the line is 9, so the oddsmakers have already adjusted 5 points.  They really can't make this much shorter.

I'm taking 9, and I would love to tease an 8 or 8.5 down as well if they pop on the screen.

Edited by harryS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.