Bills open as 9.5 favorites against Jets(10.5 some places)

Big Turk

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol I was only trying to say he’s more of an unknown quantity.  Would you choose white or Wilson to go up against if given the choice?

Wilson all day every day. 

white is good. Quick decision. Often makes the right decision. And he has enough arm talent. Pretty accurate. 

he loves to go to Davis who looked like the real threat (don’t think he played bills) and g Wilson and Moore and Berrios and they have patch catching speedy rbs. Really stretch D in every way.

We don’t tackle well. gonna be hard 

• Agree 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lol I was only trying to say he’s more of an unknown quantity.  Would you choose white or Wilson to go up against if given the choice?

Honestly not sure. Gun to head I'd probably go Wilson. Outside of the Bills game he's looked absolutely putrid and easily the worst starting QB in the league.

8 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, 24 of 44 for 251 yards

0 TDs and 4 INTs

We can only hope he has another stellar performance in him.

The sarcasm detector did not go off for you I see 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Wilson all day every day. 

white is good. Quick decision. Often makes the right decision. And he has enough arm talent. Pretty accurate. 

he loves to go to Davis who looked like the real threat (don’t think he played bills) and g Wilson and Moore and Berrios and they have patch catching speedy rbs. Really stretch D in every way.

We don’t tackle well. gonna be hard 

White is kinda like Fitz. He's gonna throw you a few every game, just gotta take advantage of it.

He can play, but there are some throws off target and/or behind receivers that can be picked off, even when not pressured.

He can sometimes try and fit it into tight widows but without the arm to have long term success doing it once the DCs figure it out.

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

What's the closest emoji we got for sarcasm? 

I'm not sure to be honest.

47 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ll be happy just to see then take care of business and not have the games come down to the wire.. similar type results like the Patriots game will do me ..

No doubt. They are going back to playing clean. If they had done that in the last jets game (no turnovers, kick FGs), they win like 19-10. 

I think the difference now is they have figured out how to play clean and how to run and be more balanced. And they are going to absolutely own Mike White on D.

I think it’s going to be like 31-10-type game. And I am usually a nervous Nellie. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ll be happy just to see then take care of business and not have the games come down to the wire.. similar type results like the Patriots game will do me ..

Well that covers the spread then.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

That number seems high. Jets are real. They’re young, fiery, and ultra competitive. Bills have to control the lines of scrimmage to allow their skill positions to exploit the youth and bravado. Dawkins’s availability is crucial.

Bills -3.5

Yeah, you don't get to make the line bud. 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Last game they won by 3 at their house. 

No Milano, No Poyer, No Tre White

Also Allen played his worst game of the season last time. It took all of that for the Jets to win by 3 at home. We're clearly the much better team, it just comes down to Allen continuing the level of play we've seen from him since the end of the 1st half against the Browns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yeah, you don't get to make the line bud. 🤣

The arrogance thinking someone knows more than Vegas. It’s quite comical like second guessing a coach or GM really. 

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Honestly not sure. Gun to head I'd probably go Wilson. Outside of the Bills game he's looked absolutely putrid and easily the worst starting QB in the league.

They’re both bums. Jets will free fall. They have no QB. Solid D. Reminds me of some drought year Bills teams. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well… i hope you are correct of course,,, but chances are greater than 50 percent they will drop another game,..

I would put the Bengals game alone as a 60/40 chance of a win…

Assigning random numbers to your whims doesn't ACTUALLY mean anything, you know. The Bills just need to go take care of business. They will be favored to win each of those games.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Anything can happen. The Bills are the better team, playing at home, and we'll rested. They should win the game. However, the Jets will be confident since they beat the Bills already, fighting for their playoff lives, and have White who appears to be an upgrade over Wilson. 

A focused Bills team should take care of business just like they did vs the Pats. 

My initial thought is the spread is a little high. It's a division game, the Jets D is good, and the Jets team just doesn't give up. I could totally see a backdoor cover. 

White was hot for a small bit last season too until he played the Bills and threw a pick to all our DBs and no TDs.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You can be 90 percent favourites to win each game.. means that there is a 10% chance of losing each game.

If there are 5 games remaining then there is a 50% chance of losing 1 game.. (

And the BIlls level of favourtism will be less a lot less than 90 per cent versus Bengals and Dolphins...

That doesn’t sound right.

For example in the way you’ve set things up, a team with a 90% chance to win any given game would have a 100% chance of losing after 10 games (which obviously isn’t right).

I think you are looking for the chance the team loses at least one game, which is one minus the chance the team wins all of the games.

So 1 - 0.9^5 for 5 remaining games. Or about 40% chance you lose at least one game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

That doesn’t sound right.

For example in the way you’ve set things up, a team with a 90% chance to win any given game would have a 100% chance of losing after 10 games (which obviously isn’t right).

I think you are looking for the chance the team loses at least one game, which is one minus the chance the team wins all of the games.

So 1 - 0.9^5 for 5 remaining games. Or about 40% chance you lose at least one game.

Ok… thanks for the clarification on that …

Whilst my maths was wrong … I was trying to make the point that just because you are the favourite in every game… even a strong favourite… stringing 5 wins in a row together ain’t a walk in the park…

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.