Your Number 1 Seed Buffalo Bills

Process

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

1) Chiefs could lose again for a multitude of reasons

2) Tyreek Hill is amazing

3) As long as they choke on 1/2, all good

My list was of things other posters have assured us of, not things I am saying.

The Chiefs could easily lose again.  My point is that anyone who keeps saying they won't, should give it a rest.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Steptide said:

Kc's remaining schedule is a joke. Gonna be tough for the bills to get that 1 seed unless they can win out, which is definitely possible, but not a given

To quote McD, nothing is given, everything is earned.  But that goes for the Chiefs too.  

Raiders play them tough, 1 point loss.  Seahawks can be a good team. 

The two toughest games left for the Bills are the Jets and Bengals. The Jets match up well with us. They are fighting for their playoff lives. This Sunday will be a very physical game against them. I expect the Bills to win a close one. The Bengals are really good and it's a road game. If the Bills win those two games, then I see them running the table. Miami will be exposed as an overrated team and that started yesterday. The Bears and Pats aren't good. 

9 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

If all the games go the Bills' way the next 2 weeks, they can clinch the #1 seed by beating the bears

We will be lucky if KC loses one more game. Bills are probably going to have to run the table to keep the #1 seed.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

We will be lucky if KC loses one more game. Bills are probably going to have to run the table to keep the #1 seed.

Division games are never easy...that being said, this was Mahomes first loss in November/December in forever so counting on another one is probably unlikely.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Division games are never easy...that being said, this was Mahomes first loss in November/December in forever so counting on another one is probably unlikely.

I agree. Maybe the Raiders and or Seattle but I am not counting on it. Kelce will probably play the rest of the season like a madman. Did you see how pissed he was after the fumble.

Bills should be super close to healthy outside of Von. Now is the time to stack wins and play to their potential. IMO, they’ll need to win all five to secure the #1 seed. Cinncy is most likely winning the AFCN now so the head to head against them will be big as well. 

First things first, take care of the Jets and Dolphins. Both vivid reminders if you don’t execute and protect the ball, you’ll get beat. Jets continue to gain confidence and MIA certainly has weapons. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Bills should be super close to healthy outside of Von. Now is the time to stack wins and play to their potential. IMO, they’ll need to win all five to secure the #1 seed. Cinncy is most likely winning the AFCN now so the head to head against them will be big as well. 

First things first, take care of the Jets and Dolphins. Both vivid reminders if you don’t execute and protect the ball, you’ll get beat. Jets continue to gain confidence and MIA certainly has weapons. 

Well said.

It's weird, TFB, as I believe that Miami is the better of the two teams, but I still respect the Jets maybe more.

I hate...hate our two losses to them, but right now at this point in time I believe the Bills are locking into their late season focus and...as such also at this point in time, and in the overall scheme of things, "the great worry" in the AFC East is not that the Bills have to play the Jets and the Dolphins...

...but that THEY have to play Buffalo.

GO BILLS!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

With 5 weeks left, the Bills are in the drivers seat.

Here's what the rest of the year looks like. I'lll highlight the games that each team won't be heavy favorites.

Bills Remaining Games:

Home vs Jets (-9.5 favorites)

Home vs Dolphins (likely big favorites)

Away vs Bears (likely big favorites)

Away vs Bengals (???)

Home vs Patriots (likely big favorites)

Chiefs Remaining Games:

Away vs Broncos (-8 favorites)

Away vs Texans (likely big favorites)

Away vs Seattle (sneaky tough in Seattle)

Home vs Broncos (likely big favorites)

Away vs Raiders (likely big favorites)

Bengals Remaining Games:

Home vs Browns (-4.5 favorites)

Away vs Bucs (should be close)

Away vs Patriots (favorites, but should be close)

Home vs Bills (???)

Home vs Ravens (should be close if Lamar is back)

With a tiebreaker over the Ravens and Titans, we have less to worry about and can afford to lose one. 

If we beat Dolphins and Bengals, they will be the least of our worries.

In short, there is very little margin for error, particularly with the Chiefs remaining schedule, but we're in a great spot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Hopefully the annual midseason swoon is really behind us and the Bills can get down to business.

All of those games are winnable.  There has to be a focus in the locker room to realize the difference in the #1 seed and anything else.

43 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That Nov/Dec Chiefs stat is kinda BS. They lost week 17 last year to the Bengals, but the game just happened to be in early January. So Mahomes record in January the past few years is not so great.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Because you posted the ‘rolling eye’ emogi on the very best news real Bills fans have had all year, regarding the unforeseen events of the other games played today. We are in 1st Place in our Division and currently hold the top seed through the Super Bowl. 56 emogi responses to that initial post and 3 misfits dissed it. THAT’S why. 50 years? That’s ALL??

Punkazz Whippersnapper.

‘Git off my lawn!’

A7632187-4FF6-4C26-95A7-6858EB0A5D25.jpeg

The rolling eyes were meant to show sarcasm, my truest and most sincere apologies for upsetting you. 

Sooooo.

After that abominable ex Billsy, ‘13 Seconds’ Josh fumble, I looked ahead at the Sked on the Monday. Did that, because I was so depressed. I realized then, that EVERYONE had caught the Bills!

EVERY FREAKING MAJOR COMPETITOR ROSE AFTER THAT DEBACLE!

Chiefs

Ravens

Titans

Fish

and sooo embarrassing… the Jests! 

Immediately, I saw that the Titans were in tough and could fall.

But reverse, for the Ravens. They had stiffs on the sked.

The Fish were uh oh… until a 3 game sked starting yesterday, back next week to the Chargers and @ Orchard Park! 

And the Chiefs? Home and cooled out until… maybe the Bengals.

Last week, we got trips good news in the Titans getting hammered, Trevor Lawrence choking the Ravens and the Jests… being the Jests.

Still, the Bills had to win EVERYTHING! No more stupid, catastrophic boo boos. And they had, of course, the craziness of dodging a snowstorm and getting 3Ws in 12 days! Has that EVER been done before.

But yesterday, after the Bills carved up the Cheats, we still needed the other 2 parts of the Triactor. Both were possible, but not probable. Less so, after the Billsy like broken foot of Jimmy G in Q1!

FFS. But still, QB Irrelevant did enough behind the 85 Bears D to squish the Fish.

Future?

Every Bills game is now the Playoffs.  

As they continue to win, they will be favoured to highly favoured in every game. But this is a play them as they appear mind set. So, the Bills have to go all out against the + 11.5 Jests.

Following week- same with the + 5.5 Fish. (It would be helpful, if the Chargers dinged them next week, but that’s a little much to ask.

And then, there is the Titanic January game at the AFC-N leading Bengals! THAT is now for all the marbles. 

The Chiefs aren’t losing. They’ll run the table with maybe… @ Raiders to close the sked as the only test.

Ravens with Jackson gone and Titans are done.

Bring Von back for the 1st. Home Playoff game.

GO 🦬 

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Hopefully the annual midseason swoon is really behind us and the Bills can get down to business.

All of those games are winnable.  There has to be a focus in the locker room to realize the difference in the #1 seed and anything else.

I expect them to be back to themselves after this mini bye. I think pulling together to win 3 in 12 days will do wonders for this team down the stretch. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.