Your Number 1 Seed Buffalo Bills

Process

2 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Huh?  The text is suggesting that if we handled the kickoff right or played better defense in the final seconds that one win would be a loss...and thus 0-6

Then kc would have never played the Bengals in the championship game so 0-5 would technically be correct.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Huh?  The text is suggesting that if we handled the kickoff right or played better defense in the final seconds that one win would be a loss...and thus 0-6

Right, if they lost against us in the playoffs they would not have gone on to face the Bengals and lost in the AFCC. They only played the Bengals because they beat us. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

Bengals game is enormous as they could knock the Bills down to the 3 seed. Don’t want to look to far ahead as we have tough games before this. It could be the difference between drawing the Chiefs or not seeing them until a potential AFC title game. Of course this is if all 3 teams hold serve until then ; a lot can change in a month.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

0-5, not 0-6.

They played the Bills and Bengals twice last season and 1 each this season. The Chiefs only win was 13 seconds. 

I see, if we beat the Chiefs the Bengals don’t play them. 

Edited by Tanoros

12 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Also well said, and no real argument from me.  That's where my respect for them comes from.

Man, Greg...I just think the Jets have a nastiness about them that Miami doesn't have or can't muster, record compared between the two be damned.

There were at least 5 or 6 big hits by the Jets even on completed passes...they are laying the lumber

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s possible that at the end of the year the Bills will have beaten every AFC playoff team (splitting with the Dolphin and Jets). That would be pretty wild.

I just posted on another thread that the Bills haven't played a real bottom feeder this year. The Steelers are not a good team, but they play teams close. Same goes for the Lions and Browns. When the Bills played the Rams, they had a healthy Stafford and Kupp. Probably the worst team the Bills played were the Packers. This is all to say that I cannot wait for the Bears game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s possible that at the end of the year the Bills will have beaten every AFC playoff team (splitting with the Dolphin and Jets). That would be pretty wild.

17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I just posted on another thread that the Bills haven't played a real bottom feeder this year. The Steelers are not a good team, but they play teams close. Same goes for the Lions and Browns. When the Bills played the Rams, they had a healthy Stafford and Kupp. Probably the worst team the Bills played were the Packers. This is all to say that I cannot wait for the Bears game.  

I have been talking about this with friends sine the end of the Pats.

It is a crazy interesting stat which I don't think has resonated in conversation.

I am to think about the fact that seven teams make the playoffs and that one team has beaten every other team over the course of the season is remarkable...maybe even every team that ends up 2 through 8, as well.

Yes...so much for weak schedule, indeed.

EDIT:

2 through 9 if Cleveland rallies, as I believe they are going to do, even against halfway decent teams.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

29 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Can’t sleep on the Bears, they have good players and of nothing else can play spoiler. Not as bad of a team as many think, they do have injuries though. 

31 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

True.  We've played a really tough schedule so far, and our 3 losses are by a combined 8 points to teams with a current aggregate record of 25-11.  If we get home field advantage, we will have really earned it.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Can’t sleep on the Bears, they have good players and of nothing else can play spoiler. Not as bad of a team as many think, they do have injuries though. 

That's true of any NFL team. But the Bears will be the team with the worst final record that we play all year.

• Agree 1

Who would've ever thought the Cincinnati Bengals would always have a special place in our hearts??  

Thank you Andy, thank you Joe!  

We control our own destiny with five winnable games, in which I'm guessing we'll be favored in with the exception of maybe @Cincinnati.  Guys healing up and getting healthy for the postseason....and wouldn't it be wonderful to get back Von AND perhaps Hyde for the playoffs???

you guys have seen what we can do to teams at 55 - 65%....if/when we get close to full strength.....OMG league watch out....

Bad things man, bad things....

p.s.  I can't remember a week when EVERY game we needed to went our way 

Edited by smuvtalker

21 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

This is the type of team the Bills are a very bad matchup for...disciplined on D, Fields will make some plays with his legs but he will be seeing ghosts out there.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.