Congrats To The Fans Of The 4 Playoff Teams.....

Bill from NYC

42 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Iโ€™m excited. But really know nothing about UGA because I rarely ย watch the sec. Other than they are reining national champs and smoked lsu yesterday. Any scouting reports?

Not really. I think that you stand a strong chance of beating them. What is the point spread?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

UGA -6.5

I am going to jump on OSU but of course I hope that it goes to 7.

ย 

The UGA QB is a smart guy and is pretty accurate. Your defense scares me a bit but I am pretty sure that your receivers will score touchdowns.ย 

ย 

NO OFFENSE, but I think that you have a better shot of winning against them than you did against Alabama 2 years ago. One thing I am sure of.....this Georgia team is not as good as that Bama team.

ย 

I am not trying to blow smoke up your a$@, but I think that Ohio State can and will win the title.

ย 

Good luck!

22 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am going to jump on OSU but of course I hope that it goes to 7.

ย 

The UGA QB is a smart guy and is pretty accurate. Your defense scares me a bit but I am pretty sure that your receivers will score touchdowns.ย 

ย 

NO OFFENSE, but I think that you have a better shot of winning against them than you did against Alabama 2 years ago. One thing I am sure of.....this Georgia team is not as good as that Bama team.

ย 

I am not trying to blow smoke up your a$@, but I think that Ohio State can and will win the title.

ย 

Good luck!

ย 

You might as well wait, -6.5 doesn't look to be hanging around long.

ย 

And rightfully so, I think. I mean UGA is the best team in college football over the past 18 months and that conference championship is the best case for a mercy rule I've seen in a while.ย 

ย 

That said, SEC guys talk like every SEC team's conference schedule is 8 games against 2019 LSU. OSU is coming off of an embarrassment at home and the coming four weeks of being pooh-poohed as the backdoor in to the playoff with the soft schedule up against the big, bad bulldogs. I think 6.5 is about right with Ohio State having a shot at keeping it close to the end and if they get the ball late...who knows?

ย 

If Ohio State plays loose and aggressive like they're capable of, maybe they don't wilt in a big game this time around. I'll be in if it goes to OSU +7.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LeviF said:

ย 

You might as well wait, -6.5 doesn't look to be hanging around long.

ย 

And rightfully so, I think. I mean UGA is the best team in college football over the past 18 months and that conference championship is the best case for a mercy rule I've seen in a while.ย 

ย 

That said, SEC guys talk like every SEC team's conference schedule is 8 games against 2019 LSU. OSU is coming off of an embarrassment at home and the coming four weeks of being pooh-poohed as the backdoor in to the playoff with the soft schedule up against the big, bad bulldogs. I think 6.5 is about right with Ohio State having a shot at keeping it close to the end and if they get the ball late...who knows?

ย 

If Ohio State plays loose and aggressive like they're capable of, maybe they don't wilt in a big game this time around. I'll be in if it goes to OSU +7.

ย 

The score might be 24-20 at the end. tOSUDC Jim Knowles is a GREAT DC and given a few weeks to game plan a team, his defenses can shut anyone down.

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

ย 

The score might be 24-20 at the end. tOSUDC Jim Knowles is a GREAT DC and given a few weeks to game plan a team, his defenses can shut anyone down.

ย 

Knowles is over aggressive,ย  so if his aggression fails, they give up huge plays.ย  Michigan was great on defense too with Don Brown until good teams could capitalize on their aggressive style to gash them.ย 

ย 

Knowles doesn't impress me much at all.ย 

51 minutes ago, cle23 said:

ย 

Knowles is over aggressive,ย  so if his aggression fails, they give up huge plays.ย  Michigan was great on defense too with Don Brown until good teams could capitalize on their aggressive style to gash them.ย 

ย 

Knowles doesn't impress me much at all.ย 

ย 

Do you know how many touchdowns his Oklahoma State defense gave up last season after halftime? Knowles was the best assistant coach in 2021 IMO, he should have won that award.ย 

ย 

Take away the James Madison's, Marshall's of the world... tOSU is top 10 in total defense and scoring defense.ย 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

ย 

Do you know how many touchdowns his Oklahoma State defense gave up last season after halftime? Knowles was the best assistant coach in 2021 IMO, he should have won that award.ย 

ย 

Take away the James Madison's, Marshall's of the world... tOSU is top 10 in total defense and scoring defense.ย 

ย 

Yes, and so did Don Brown when he was at Michigan.ย  Except he got burned constantly when they played good, fast teams.ย ย 

ย 

Knowles is a very good DC, no doubt.ย  But a lot of star athletes on OSU's defense underperformed some, especially on the DL and in the secondary.ย ย 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, cle23 said:

ย 

Yes, and so did Don Brown when he was at Michigan.ย  Except he got burned constantly when they played good, fast teams.ย ย 

ย 

Knowles is a very good DC, no doubt.ย  But a lot of star athletes on OSU's defense underperformed some, especially on the DL and in the secondary.ย ย 

ย 

It's his first year dude. :)

9 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The best thing about the CFP is knowing that Xichigan will lose. I don't expect the Buckeyes to beat UGA, but I KNOW that UGA can beat Xichigan if TCU can't.

ย 

I've run into this a lot lately.ย  OSU fans are 100% sure that they have a better chance against Georgia.ย  Like, what has the last 2 seasons shows that says OSU is better than Michigan?ย  UGA would be favorites against anyone.ย  What gives OSU a better chance in your mind?ย 

ย 

Also, whereabouts in eastern OH?

On 12/4/2022 at 1:08 PM, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, big time congrats to those whose favorite team has a chance to compete for the title.

ย 

ย I hope for good, injury free football games for all 4 teams.ย ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿˆ

Thank you!

ย 

I'm very proud of Michigan for making it back this year, even though I was not expecting them too.

ย 

Since they lost so many players on defense, I figured they would be giving up lots of points. Turns out that their defense might be better than last season.

ย 

J.J. McCarthy has talent to air it out, but the Wolverines are a run first team.

ย 

All Michigan does is win with smash mouth football, it's not sexy, but it works.

ย 

When it comes to facing Texas Christian, it's all about stopping Max Duggan and their top receiver, whose name escapes me.

ย 

If Michigan can continue to play to their strengths, they can win.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.