Lamar Jackson leaves denver game with knee injury

BuffaloBills1998

15 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Sad for him, hope he he heals up quickly, and there is no lingering issues, that said, the guy needs an agent, it’s this sort of thing that having had a contract in hand would have given him financial protection, you can lead a horse to water…, 

Unless he gets an Alex Smith type injury he'll be fine. With modern medicine you pop and ACL you are on the field next year just like you were before. 

This kid is gong to break the market from QB needy teams bidding on him.

He's already made enough money to be set for life, let's see if he can set the high score now. I expect him to go franchise tag 2x then hit the market like Cousins did. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

the guy who tells fans to eat a bag of D’s on Twitter is nice ? 

Kind of like a 'Little House on the Prairie' episode.  Nellie Olesson falls in a mud puddle after being a witch for the previous 45 minutes; you just can't feel too  sorry for her...🤔

• Haha (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Kind of like a 'Little House on the Prairie' episode.  Nellie Olesson falls in a mud puddle after being a witch for the previous 45 minutes; you just can't feel too  sorry for her...🤔

Nomination for the Most Obscure Analogy reference on a message board...  I like it.

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's pretty fair to say that Lamar has cost himself a lot of $$$. He probably could have had $200M gtd in August, but didn't take the deal. Then, this season, we have seen him struggle again. His completion percentage has been on the decline since his 2nd season, his MVP season, as well as his number of overall TD's. He's still an effective runner of course, but we have seen him going down due to injury the last two seasons now. He hasn't progressed as a passer at all imo. He still has trouble reading defenses and throwing outside the hashes. A lot of his completions are generated due to his legs and then finding the open man when the play breaks down, usually a TE. I have a feeling that Lamar is not viewed by NFL FO's the same way the media has tried to portray him and hype him up the last 3 years. 

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

I have a feeling that Lamar is not viewed by NFL FO's the same way the media has tried to portray him and hype him up the last 3 years. 

Topping 'Eye Missed It News': Buffalo afternoon sports radio host ponders leaving role, and signing on as agent for Lamar Jackson!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's pretty fair to say that Lamar has cost himself a lot of $$$. He probably could have had $200M gtd in August, but didn't take the deal. Then, this season, we have seen him struggle again. His completion percentage has been on the decline since his 2nd season, his MVP season, as well as his number of overall TD's. He's still an effective runner of course, but we have seen him going down due to injury the last two seasons now. He hasn't progressed as a passer at all imo. He still has trouble reading defenses and throwing outside the hashes. A lot of his completions are generated due to his legs and then finding the open man when the play breaks down, usually a TE. I have a feeling that Lamar is not viewed by NFL FO's the same way the media has tried to portray him and hype him up the last 3 years. 

You are probably very close to the truth.

The burning question I want to know is why Wideouts do not want to play there. Is it the blocking for Lamar? Lack of creativity in routes from Roman? One of those things I'd like to know a definitive answer to (don't expect to get it) instead of just educated speculation. 

A bird in the hand !!!

I know he was holding out for a fatter contract but injury concerns may cost him. I think he had a solid deal on the table and I think he is a bit of fool for playing hardball for a few million more.

16 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

A bird in the hand !!!

I know he was holding out for a fatter contract but injury concerns may cost him. I think he had a solid deal on the table and I think he is a bit of fool for playing hardball for a few million more.

Yup. The ego on some of these guys though. He doesn’t need the money so it’s really all about being the highest paid. He’s a bum. 

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

You are probably very close to the truth.

The burning question I want to know is why Wideouts do not want to play there. Is it the blocking for Lamar? Lack of creativity in routes from Roman? One of those things I'd like to know a definitive answer to (don't expect to get it) instead of just educated speculation. 

I say it's a combination of both. Greg Roman has had four 1,000 yard WR's in his 15 years of being an OC. Crabtree, Boldin (twice), Watkins, and Hollywood Brown. His offense has basically 0 creativity in the passing game. Alex Smith, Kaepernick, Tyrod, and Lamar probably have a say in that, but his scheme is what it is. 

17 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know this is not going to go over well but I think Tyler Huntley has shown the potential to be at the same level Lamar Jackson has played at. Granted Jackson has been pretty bad this year.

I think what you are seeing is the team does not drop off that much with Huntley out there vs Lamar and that’s reason enough to question if Lamar is the answer.  

Lamar is a clearly elite athlete that does things literally no other QB can, but he’s also not a traditional passer that can open the field up.  I will give him credit, I think he’s trying to better his game from the pocket and be a more complete QB and doing an admirable job at it, but he’s not there yet and at this point in his career, it’s fair to ask if he ever will be.   Typically, the big jumps in performance from learning come after the rookie year and shine by the 3rd year.  Sure there are exceptions, and he’s an exception to a lot of rules, but I’d be surprised if he’s ever feared as a passer.  

I don’t think your observation of Huntley being his equal (or close to it) is really accurate.  I think Huntley is more of a Tyrod Taylor type of player in terms of a ceiling.  To your point, the system seems to make it look pretty even and if the system is that good and the “elite” QB isn’t looking insanely good in it, you have to question the QB.  

I think we are seeing what a system Tailored to a QBs skill set can do in Philly and to his credit Hurts looks unbelievable in it.  I am beginning to wonder if the kid isn’t really on his way to the elite tier of QBs.  I am stocking up on crow and plan to have one heck of a feast if he takes Philly deep in the playoffs, he’s proving me very wrong about his ability to pass.  He’s getting a lot of wide open passes, much like Jackson is known/faulted for, but nobody has shown the ability to stop it yet.  If he can prove he can make the throws against big time D’s, he’s got to be considered with the top tier.  Lamar still has not made that jump and that’s why the team doesn’t look much different with Huntley running things.

Aaaaaaand just like I was talking about earlier, Louis Riddick is defending Lamar with his every breath and acting angry that people dare think he isn't worth some massive deal. :rolleyes: He's not talking about Lamar's decline since his 2nd year, only about what Lamar has around him this year. 

Lamar ends up in Atlanta. You heard it hear first.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I say it's a combination of both. Greg Roman has had four 1,000 yard WR's in his 15 years of being an OC. Crabtree, Boldin (twice), Watkins, and Hollywood Brown. His offense has basically 0 creativity in the passing game. Alex Smith, Kaepernick, Tyrod, and Lamar probably have a say in that, but his scheme is what it is. 

Looking like Roman is finally getting a HC nod and heading back to Stanford. Will be interesting to see what that does to the Ravens and their plans.

21 hours ago, FireChans said:

Terrible if he has a significant injury.

As an aside, I feel like the Ravens and Lamar have really fallen off a cliff. Last year was the injuries and this year they’ve looked pretty mediocre.

Because Lamar and the Roman offense is figured out and Lamar is not a good enough pocket passer to compensate. It was actually figured out two years ago but not enough defenses had the horses to contain Lamar and cover Andrews. 

20 hours ago, Augie said:

It’s football, it’s dangerous!  You can be injured on the sideline if you are not careful. In the pocket he will have to take his chances. Outside of the pocket……he will need to be smart. I don’t mind SOME running by Josh, but I do NOT want him being our leading rusher. THAT is just asking for trouble. 

Josh doesnt really run all that much.  Its just that when he does he picks up like 20+ yards. Thats more the reason he is our leading rusher.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.