Lamar Jackson leaves denver game with knee injury

BuffaloBills1998

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Josh was also injured in the pocket. 

It’s football, it’s dangerous!  You can be injured on the sideline if you are not careful. In the pocket he will have to take his chances. Outside of the pocket……he will need to be smart. I don’t mind SOME running by Josh, but I do NOT want him being our leading rusher. THAT is just asking for trouble. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s football, it’s dangerous!  You can be injured on the sideline if you are not careful. In the pocket he will have to take his chances. Outside of the pocket……he will need to be smart. I don’t mind SOME running by Josh, but I do NOT want him being our leading rusher. THAT is just asking for trouble. 

No one is saying they want him to be the leading rusher. They're saying that the people who are freaking out that his running is putting him at some sort of increased risk for injury. The numbers tell the story that the pocket is more dangerous and the 'anecdotal' agrees. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Malazan said:

No one is saying they want him to be the leading rusher. They're saying that the people who are freaking out that his running is putting him at some sort of increased risk for injury. The numbers tell the story that the pocket is more dangerous and the 'anecdotal' agrees. 

I’m just saying I’m down the middle on this. Josh is only like 23 yards behind Singletary on the season. That is FAR too close for my taste. 

But yes, you can get hurt anywhere on the field, certainly including the pocket where you are a magnet for enormous people with bad intentions.

We have several RB’s, but only one QB worth a damn. I want Josh to run when it’s wise to do so, and to protect himself on all but the most critical plays. It DOES put him at additional risk, but not because it’s inherently “riskier”. It’s just more chances to be hurt. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Poor guy.  Can’t help but feel bad for him.

Is this sarcasm? Didn't he get offered more than Murray and turn it down because he wanted a fully guaranteed contract? 

Whatever contract he does get will be way more than what he is worth. He is extremely fortunate.

21 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m just saying I’m down the middle on this. Josh is only like 23 yards behind Singletary on the season. That is FAR too close for my taste. 

But yes, you can get hurt anywhere on the field, certainly including the pocket where you are a magnet for enormous people with bad intentions.

We have several RB’s, but only one QB worth a damn. I want Josh to run when it’s wise to do so, and to protect himself on all but the most critical plays. It DOES put him at additional risk, but not because it’s inherently “riskier”. It’s just more chances to be hurt. 

ACLS blow out with no contact when they’re ready… Every play in the NFL can cause an injury

Statistics show there is no more risk when Josh Allen leaves the pocket… It is way more dangerous to be hit stationary in the pocket

Then running 15 miles an hour and taking on smaller safeties and linebackers Where he could also brace himself… When he leaves the pocket he is almost never taking on someone bigger than him…he’s  6’5 250 pounds

He’s bigger than 95% of the linebackers and 100% of defensive backs… When he’s stationary in the pocket getting hit by 300 pound defensive tackles and 280 pound ends That’s when the scary injuries occur

Of course he could break his leg running.. But he could snap it in the pocket easier with all the bodies flying around him

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

ACLS blow out with no contact when they’re ready… Every play in the NFL can cause an injury

Statistics show there is no more risk when Josh Allen leaves the pocket… It is way more dangerous to be hit stationary in the pocket

Then running 15 miles an hour and taking on smaller safeties and linebackers Where he could also brace himself… When he leaves the pocket he is almost never taking on someone bigger than him…he’s  6’5 250 pounds

He’s bigger than 95% of the linebackers and 100% of defensive backs… When he’s stationary in the pocket getting hit by 300 pound defensive tackles and 280 pound ends That’s when the scary injuries occur

Of course he could break his leg running.. But he could snap it in the pocket easier with all the bodies flying around him

I don't think I've seen any study that shows a correlation for more injuries inside the pocket or outside. As you say, you often take bigger hits in the pocket, but if you run you are hit 100% of the time (unless you score an uncontested TD I guess) whereas many passes from the pocket occur without getting significant contact.

35 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It seems you missed my point entirely. I am NOT saying running is more dangerous than the pocket. I’m saying it’s more encounters with danger that could be avoided if shared more sensibly with our RB group. I want to limit the number of plays where we have to have high anxiety about his survival.  He’s just too important to take unnecessary risks when we have other ways of winning. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Augie said:

Disagree. If Josh runs less that means he’ll pass more. More passes equals more chances to get hit in the pocket which in turn equals injury. When he runs he initiates contact. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

So you don’t think Mommy is the answer? 

No, no I don’t, 😂

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Disagree. If Josh runs less that means he’ll pass more. More passes equals more chances to get hit in the pocket which in turn equals injury. When he runs he initiates contact. 

I don’t know if you actually disagree or just do not understand my point. As to the bold, NO, it does NOT mean that AT ALL. You apparently forget about an actual NFL running game where you hand off to a RB (more than we have in recent times). We’ve gone to the RB more lately, if you’ve been paying attention. I’m NOT saying to THROW more. I never said that.

I want a balanced attack where the QB doesn’t have virtually the same rushing yards thru a dozen games as the leading RB. 

This shouldn’t be so difficult. 

1 hour ago, Process said:

Is this sarcasm? Didn't he get offered more than Murray and turn it down because he wanted a fully guaranteed contract? 

Whatever contract he does get will be way more than what he is worth. He is extremely fortunate.

Yea....zero reason to feel bad for him.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/10046197-nfl-rumors-ravens-offer-lamar-jackson-a-contract-bigger-than-kyler-murray-received.amp.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Not sarcasm.  I don’t know what he was offered.  I just feel bad for him.  Sorry to disappoint 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Some people just so happen to be more empathic than you. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know if you actually disagree or just do not understand my point. As to the bold, NO, it does NOT mean that AT ALL. You apparently forget about an actual NFL running game where you hand off to a RB (more than we have in recent times). We’ve gone to the RB more lately, if you’ve been paying attention. I’m NOT saying to THROW more. I never said that.

I want a balanced attack where the QB doesn’t have virtually the same rushing yards thru a dozen games as the leading RB. 

This shouldn’t be so difficult. 

Relax. No need to get your panties in a bunch. 
see if you can understand this:

Josh likes to run it’s part of what makes him special. You don’t take that away. 

now go get the wedgie sorted. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Relax. No need to get your panties in a bunch. 
see if you can understand this:

Josh likes to run it’s part of what makes him special. You don’t take that away. 

now go get the wedgie sorted. 

Sounds a bit immature, but I’m just fine. You are either incapable of or chosing not to comprehend my point. 

My dog would like to eat chicken wings, but it’s dangerous, so I don’t allow it. I don’t care how much “Josh likes to run”. It’s part of what makes him special, yes, but it needs to be wisely managed. The more hits he takes, in the pocket or out, the greater chance he gets hurt.

Our run game has been built around our QB to a ridiculous extent at times. He’s basically got the same rushing yards as our #1 RB. I do not like that philosophy. I prefer to use Josh’s legs legs judiciously on designed running plays, especially early in the season. Still in the playbook, but not he centerpiece of the offense. If he has to run to escape the pocket on pass plays, Godspeed! 

I’m tired of stating the obvious. Have a nice evening. 

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

And a lot of us having been saying it for years.   But as the old saying goes, opinions are like buttholes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.