If you are in the "pay Edmunds" camp, how much do you have in mind?

No_Matter_What

How much would you pay Edmunds?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay Edmunds?

• $10-11M AAV (Matt Milano, Eric Kendricks)
    • $12-14M AAV (Lavonte David, Deion Jones, Zach Cunningham)
    • $15-$17M AAV (Foyesade Oluokun, CJ Mosley)
    • $18-$20M AAV (Fred Warner, Shaquille Leonard)

Thanks everybody for voting and opinions.

I started this thread having no clue and I still don't have any :) I think that he gets $17-18M on open market but I don't want to pay him that much. And I don't think he gives us much of a discount.

Another thing to consider is that Milano signed $42/4 just 2 years ago. How will he respond if Edmunds gets much more? Do we think that he is actually worth much more?

One thing I have in mind is Taron Johnson. Lately I was thinking that he might become cap casualty if we extend Edmunds. Before this season I didn't think this was an option, but now I do. We can save roughly $7M if we release him  post June 1 with $2,5M dead cap in 2024. Since our cap will be really tight next year, I really can imagine that those $7M might become handy. And if you are Beane and can choose between keeping Taron and letting TE go, and keeping Edmunds, cutting Taron and replacing him with Neal/cheap FA/5th round draft pick, I can see him going this direction. Just a thought.

EDIT: Oh and if we keep Edmunds then Poyer has no chance to stay imo. But that is probably fine with me (I love Poyer as a player but you can't pay everyone). Keep Edmunds, let Poyer and Johnson go. 

Edited by No_Matter_What

20 hours ago, Chaos said:

It is very hard to say.  Its pretty clear Edmunds is better than who ever backs him up on the Bills.  But if we don't keep him, we will replace him with someone not on the roster today.  Would we better off with a different starting quality mlb in the  for 8 or 10 million per year less than Edmunds and using the money to upgrade the oline.  Bills oline is not even NFL average at this point.  Protecting Josh Allen needs to be the priority in any long term plan. 

Bills o-line is slightly above average at this point.

The D would be a lot worse without him. You only have to look at how they've played when he's not here. That's not something that only started this yearl

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Bills o-line is slightly above average at this point.

The D would be a lot worse without him. You only have to look at how they've played when he's not here. That's not something that only started this yearl

I know we are supposed to hate PFF but they are one of the only sites that rank

olives. They rank the bills below average at 22nd.  Probably more reliable than your eye test of a couple of games per week.   

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He’s not better than Milano so I would pay him off the Milano contract. 4 years 50mil 30 mil guaranteed. The increase is not because he is better than Milano it is because of his youth and projected cap increase. 

This would be beyond amazing. Not gonna happen though.

14 hours ago, Chaos said:

I know we are supposed to hate PFF but they are one of the only sites that rank

olives. They rank the bills below average at 22nd.  Probably more reliable than your eye test of a couple of games per week.   

The Bills oline is MUCH more like the 22nd best in the league than it is "just above average." It is "just below average"... 22nd feels fair enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I have him at 13.5 million a year.   Would put him just about top five at his position.  Given his play this year he is probably in the 5-6 range of players at his position.  Take the Shaq Thompson salary of 13,540,000 annually adjust for the salary cap going up to 225,000,000 that puts you at 14,632,564, adjust again for playing time missed over a sample size of three years (86% games played) leaves you at 12,584,000, give him the extra million for percentage of snaps and I think 13.5 million is a good number for the guy. 

Tremaine is probably young enough to get two mega contracts in his time in the NFL barring injury.     Hate that the Jets, Colts, and 49ers paid their ILBs 19 million plus, just absolutely stupid money.

I feel dumber after reading some of the comments in this thread.  Thanks I guess?  Yes, you retain your pro bowl LB that has improved every year.  I know it pisses people off because they don't want to be wrong, but oh well.  People are forgetting the fact the cap is going up to 220-230 mill next year.  They will end up retaining both Edmunds and Oliver

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.