If you are in the "pay Edmunds" camp, how much do you have in mind?

No_Matter_What

How much would you pay Edmunds?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay Edmunds?

• $10-11M AAV (Matt Milano, Eric Kendricks)
    • $12-14M AAV (Lavonte David, Deion Jones, Zach Cunningham)
    • $15-$17M AAV (Foyesade Oluokun, CJ Mosley)
    • $18-$20M AAV (Fred Warner, Shaquille Leonard)

4 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

With the cap going up substantially, I’m guessing his deal is in the higher range provided, likely spanning 4 years.

Now THATS a plan.

Trade the guy who they no longer have under contract. Revolutionary.

Franchise tag and trade, I feel like I’m talking to my wife today, explaining every little thing. 

• Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Franchise tag and trade, I feel like I’m talking to my wife today, explaining every little thing. 

Does he have to sign the franchise tender? If not, can’t trade a player not under contract. I could be wrong. 

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'd love to get him for under $15M/yr but that is just wishful thinking.

I think his open market value is $18-20M/yr, so I'll be happy if he takes a team-friendly deal at like $16M/yr.

can’t agree with that much on him.  Likely boxes out another year or two of Poyer and keeping Oliver, and getting FA OL help. 

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't taking less than $17m per. 

then bye bye. 

4 hours ago, AZSanta said:

My take on this is his play much better this year. It just so happens to be a contract year. That is no coincidence. Should he be rewarded if his only motivation is money. Where was this play the years previous? I say let him walk. We can find another LB in the draft 

I see what you’re saying. But the beauty about resigning him is we can then draft o line or another receiver. If we let him walk, we are going to instead spend draft capital on a LB instead of OL or WR. 

tremaine doesn’t seem like the type of guy that would cash it in after getting a payday. McD also loves good, reliable LBs and Tremaine is one of them 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, AZSanta said:

My take on this is his play much better this year. It just so happens to be a contract year. That is no coincidence. Should he be rewarded if his only motivation is money. Where was this play the years previous? I say let him walk. We can find another LB in the draft 

I had this thought and would like to agree with it. However, it’s also the first year where he’s had reliable and deep talent in front of him with Oliver, Jones, Settle, and Phillips. Not to mention Von Miller balling out with Groot improving. Star wasn’t doing Edmunds any favors these past few years, and were seeing that now. I think we’ve also seen the difference he makes with regards to other players pass defense. Edmunds shrinks zones, and he’s gonna get paid. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

@Pine Barrens Mafia

its cute that you laughed at my comment but right now that’s the majority leader in what people think he should get in his next contract. 

I really really would like it if he took the Bills for $15....sadly I think that many other teams value him more than the poster here at TBD.  The dude is gonna get paid....here there somewhere.  UGH!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So little that he is irrelevant to the conversation. Edmunds and the current market are so far beyond what Milano, the minimalist, took that it makes any comparison invalid. Milano bucked the market and settled for $10M/yr which was low even then.

I was gonna say it really shows how much work been did there on that Milano contract

3 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

$11M/AAV

Otherwise I think we should just draft someone or sign a FA. 

I really don’t think so. Edmonds really makes this defense go.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.