If you are in the "pay Edmunds" camp, how much do you have in mind?

No_Matter_What

How much would you pay Edmunds?  

208 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay Edmunds?

• $10-11M AAV (Matt Milano, Eric Kendricks)
    • $12-14M AAV (Lavonte David, Deion Jones, Zach Cunningham)
    • $15-$17M AAV (Foyesade Oluokun, CJ Mosley)
    • $18-$20M AAV (Fred Warner, Shaquille Leonard)

Title says it all. Recently many posters changed their mind and now want to extend Tremaine Edmunds. If you are in this group (or wanted to extend him even before), how far would you go? How much is he worth?

Other names are for refence only, they might not be that relevant since those contracts are for different number of years and were signed in different times.

Other linebackers (not able to remove edge rushing OLBs): https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/sort-value/linebacker/limit-100/

Bills 2023 cap situation: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2023/

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

How much is Milano making?

So little that he is irrelevant to the conversation. Edmunds and the current market are so far beyond what Milano, the minimalist, took that it makes any comparison invalid. Milano bucked the market and settled for $10M/yr which was low even then.

I’m in the re-sign him camp, I also don’t care what they pay him, wether they low ball him or “over” pay him, just do it.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

My take on this is his play much better this year. It just so happens to be a contract year. That is no coincidence. Should he be rewarded if his only motivation is money. Where was this play the years previous? I say let him walk. We can find another LB in the draft 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I voted as same as Milano, maybe a few million more due to inflation.  Both LBs are vital to the Defense, I think Milano makes bigger plays throughout the game, Edmunds seems to be involved in more plays (as I expect a middle LB would be).  I would think the bigger playmaker would be harder to replace

Trade Edmunds if possible. Allocate the money he would’ve made to the offense. He has never been a difference maker against the top offenses in the league, so what exactly is it that we’re throwing $15M/yr at? A good, but not great off the ball LB? No thanks. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Trade Edmunds if possible. Allocate the money he would’ve made to the offense. He has never been a difference maker against the top offenses in the league, so what exactly is it that we’re throwing $15M/yr at? A good, but not great off the ball LB? No thanks. 

How exactly do you trade a UFA. That would be a neat trick. :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

With the cap going up substantially, I’m guessing his deal is in the higher range provided, likely spanning 4 years.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Trade him in the off-season, no way is he worth 17 mil a year. That money needs to be spent on O-line and weapons for the offense. Trade Knox and Edmunds in a package deal for a 1st and 3rd rd picks. 

Now THATS a plan.

Trade the guy who they no longer have under contract. Revolutionary.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.