Saffold wants to stay in Buffalo

Royale with Cheese

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Many of them already wear yellow pants so it does not show.

2 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

RT is a bigger need than LG IMO based on play this year. Draft both, Saffold can hold the fort down while teaching a young guy what to do. I think at this point, Brown has regressed. May be due to scheme, who knows. 

The good news is most starting linemen in the league weren't drafted in the first round, so you can get great talent after the 1st round as well.  Beane definitely has some tough calls to make, but I have faith he makes the right ones.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2022 at 9:14 AM, Johnnyp566 said:

Next years draft needs to include a massive emphasis on offense and the interior is no exception. The Bills pursued Saffold in the past and it’s too bad he didn’t sign because then he wouldn’t be in a one and done situation. 

I am so completely fine with this for 2023:

Round 1:     Wide Receiver

Round 2:    O-Line

Round 3:    O-Line

Round 4:    Wide Receiver

Round 5:    O-Line

Round 5:    Safety

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am so completely fine with this for 2023:

Round 1:     Wide Receiver

Round 2:    O-Line

Round 3:    O-Line

Round 4:    Wide Receiver

Round 5:    O-Line

Round 5:    Safety

I feel Beane might trade down to acquire more picks if feels he needs to fill in more depth spots on the roster. Specifically at RB and TE. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I feel Beane might trade down to acquire more picks if feels he needs to fill in more depth spots on the roster. Specifically at RB and TE. 

If so, Jokeman, I'm thinking a bruiser at RB to go with Cook, right?  

EDIT:  Not a pseudo FB, just RB with some speed who can inflict damage.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

30 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If so, Jokeman, I'm thinking a bruiser at RB to go with Cook, right?  

EDIT:  Not a pseudo FB, just RB with some speed who can inflict damage.

Cook likely replaces Singletary next year so yes, someone that would compliment would be good.  Just doing a quick run down on prospects a guy like Chris Rodriguez Jr. might fit that role. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Might be a good idea based on Baldy's Breakdown of him and his comments.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1598740581378920449

Baldy does give him a lot of praise there, but he also shows a highlight of Saffold completely whiffing on a stunt, forcing Josh to leave the pocket immediately after a play action fake.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, 78thealltimegreat said:

We desperately need a tackle and C/G with 2 of the first 4 picks we also need to get a Josh a speed receiver and 2 TE hole is enormous… in other words I want Roger back but this draft we gotta go heavy on the O in general  

The Offence does indeed need bolstering, attention to OL imo is a must, it will be difficult to get “great players” in which the nfl is lacking in quality OL players for quite some time now,, this means that there are not so many really good college OLmen coming out each season,  fingers crossed that Beane hits the nail on the head during the crap shoot that is the draft.

Go  Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

An interesting replacement could be John Simpson who the Raiders just released. I really don’t know what went down with the Raiders, but we were all over Simpson pre draft, and a lot of people were projecting him to us. High RAS player who is only 25 years old. Grabbing him now would be like having an extra draft pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

An interesting replacement could be John Simpson who the Raiders just released. I really don’t know what went down with the Raiders, but we were all over Simpson pre draft, and a lot of people were projecting him to us. High RAS player who is only 25 years old. Grabbing him now would be like having an extra draft pick. 

He's on the waiver wire. Not sure he's any good though. 4th round draft pick that couldn't hold a starting role on the team.  You're right though he would be cheap and would be one extra body. Raiders let let him go with another year left on his rookie contract, so maybe not worth it.

Edited by Rockinon
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.