Saffold wants to stay in Buffalo

Royale with Cheese

1 hour ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Next years draft needs to include a massive emphasis on offense and the interior is no exception. The Bills pursued Saffold in the past and it’s too bad he didn’t sign because then he wouldn’t be in a one and done situation. 

One one hand it would be great to have him. But we have to start filling holes with immediate impact from our draft picks. OL is no exception. 

You can’t kick the proverbial cap space can down the road forever. At some point you have to pay the bill. New Orleans is a good example. 

• Agree 3

He would make great depth if we can get someone better to take the starting position.  Just sayin…

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does that mean he gives us the home team discount?  He's been OK, but he shouldn't be paid like a Pro Bowl Guard because his play this season isn't at that level.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

This guy has been a great addition. First he’s a road grader and is opening holes for backs that were viewed as pedestrian. He hasn’t allowed a sack which is hard to fathom. Finally, he loves being a Bills player. Bring Roger back because he’s locker room plus as well.

The whole "hasn't allowed a sack" is nonsense when you have a QB like JA17.  I've seen Saffold miss blocks and the only reason Josh didn't get whacked was because of Josh's legs. 

If he expects to be paid like a top guard in the NFL, I think he's in for a rude awakening.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You know what they say "Once you go Buffalo, you never go back" 😎

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnnyp566 said:

Next years draft needs to include a massive emphasis on offense and the interior is no exception. The Bills pursued Saffold in the past and it’s too bad he didn’t sign because then he wouldn’t be in a one and done situation. 

Interior lineman and playmakers needs to be the focus of the draft. The off-season needs to be finding cash to resign our defensive players via restructures and cap casualties.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

It’s nice that players want to stay here. That wasn’t always the case at all.

Wonderful community,  player friendly organization,  best fanbase in the world. What's not to love? I'd bring him back on a team friendly deal but only as a backup. This team's #1 weakness is OL. We have to  FINALLY draft aggressively on OL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Hopefully he comes back but we also draft his understudy.

This, precisely! We all know this regime values competition, and tries to make every role a battle to win. If Saffold is down to take a hometown discount, and we bring in a lower-round draft pick to learn and battle for a spot, that's optimal. 

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

The whole "hasn't allowed a sack" is nonsense when you have a QB like JA17.  I've seen Saffold miss blocks and the only reason Josh didn't get whacked was because of Josh's legs. 

If he expects to be paid like a top guard in the NFL, I think he's in for a rude awakening.

I agree. Too often, stats don’t tell the entire story. Like last year when our d was rated number one but most would agree it wasn’t the best in the league. Well…Saffold may not have given up a sack, but he hasn’t been great either. Beane bet on Allen’s talent to mask the deficiencies of the line, which is exactly what has happened. 

31 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Interior lineman and playmakers needs to be the focus of the draft. The off-season needs to be finding cash to resign our defensive players via restructures and cap casualties.

Totally agree. Prime draft assets need to go to the offense. Enough of betting on Allen to cover up the deficiencies of a patch work oline. Get him a couple new linemen and a weapon or two to pair with Diggs. 

20 minutes ago, eball said:

While Saffold’s performance is obviously subject to critique, how great is it to have a veteran NFL player openly lobby to stay in the organization?

I think Saffold realizes his career is winding down and is doing a little butt kissing cause he knows his options may be limited. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.