NFL Week #13 - Around the NFL - Please note - Chiefs at Bengals featured in its own thread

BuffaloBill

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Highly unlikely.  If he hits UFA, he will be the highest paid QB in the NFL history.

Doubt it......wouldn’t pay him big money if he was healthy, let alone if he’s coming off a knee injury.

He certainly isn’t getting big money because of his passing ability, or his ability to read defenses.

1 minute ago, Special K said:

Doubt it......wouldn’t pay him big money if he was healthy, let alone if he’s coming off a knee injury.

He certainly isn’t getting big money because of his passing ability, or his ability to read defenses.

There are a lot of people who feel the Ravens have done an awful job of surrounding him with talent on offense and yet he still has them leading the division.

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

There are a lot of people who feel the Ravens have done an awful job of surrounding him with talent on offense and yet he still has them leading the division.

An actual good QB makes average talent great. Funny how Lamar Jackson always gets the “no talent around him” excuse....other QB’s in the league don’t ever seem to get the luxury of using that excuse.

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

An actual good QB makes average talent great. Funny how Lamar Jackson always gets the “no talent around him” excuse....other QB’s in the league don’t ever seem to get the luxury of using that excuse.

Probably because those teams are consistently missing the playoffs with those QBs

3 hours ago, Special K said:

So all the Beane hasn't done enough for the Oline and WR group comments on here are meaningless? Pretty sure Josh got a lot better throwing to Diggs and Beasley. Seemed to struggle when Morse was out. 

Jalen Hurts was ok last year and now is a lot better with two better WRs. 

8 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Sorry yes, they’re top 5 roster and I’ll still say it’s the best. If they figure out the qb position it would be over for the rest of the league. You forgot to mention Deebo. 

Don’t agree with me on how good their roster is? They’re on their 3rd string QB and only Philly and Dallas still have better odds to win the NFC. Yes the Niners are still above the Vikings, etc. Maybe that’s a bigger indictment on the Vikings but let’s be real. Vegas recognizes how stacked the Niners are. They’re still going to make the playoffs and I actually think I would pick them still to get to the NFC title game and lose a close one to Philly. 

I agree that they're probably the best roster in the NFL if you don't count QBs. But QBs do count. They count the most by far. 

I don't consider Deebo even a top 10 WR.

In a perfect world the Bills get the #1 seed, and KC/CIN are slotted in the #2/#3 spot with the Bengals knocking the chiefs out once again in the divisional so we never have to face them.

Either way I'm very curious to see how the Bills match up with this rising Bengals team because they have obviously not faced Joe Burrow yet and historically the Bengals have seemed to fare pretty well against the Bills through the years going back to the 90's.

17 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

In a perfect world the Bills get the #1 seed, and KC/CIN are slotted in the #2/#3 spot with the Bengals knocking the chiefs out once again in the divisional so we never have to face them.

Either way I'm very curious to see how the Bills match up with this rising Bengals team because they have obviously not faced Joe Burrow yet and historically the Bengals have seemed to fare pretty well against the Bills through the years going back to the 90's.

I’ll go out on a limb and say what the Bengals did vs Bills in the 80’s and 90’s has zero to do with their week 17 game 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say what the Bengals did vs Bills in the 80’s and 90’s has zero to do with their week 17 game 

Not even that far back, even in 2019 we barely beat them and it took JA17 late game heroics when they were not a good team.

Just hoping it doesn't turn about to be another Mahomes/Chiefs situation in which it's another one sided rivalry for AFC supremacy.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2

On 12/4/2022 at 2:21 PM, GolfandBills said:

omg fire Beane 

I have to say the same, and I must say, with all due respect, I find it very hard to see the logic behind some of the moves Beane has made with this fine organization.  In the past five years Beane has caused myself, the city of Buffalo, and many armchair GMs at TBD-TSW a good deal of distress, as we have watched him take our beloved Bills and elevated them to a respectable team, all for the glorification of Beane's massive ego!

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Someone should send the Seinfeld writers a Bills t-shirt.

On 12/5/2022 at 4:39 AM, CSBill said:

Concerning their Defense: I watched the entire game, and after Jimmy G went out, it seems like the Fish blitzed on almost every play thereafter. If that is there main strategy, they are digressing--and wait until they have to play a 1st string QB.

Miami's DC loves cover 0.  He runs it a lot.

From last week's Indy at Dallas blowout:

I actually thought it was a funny celebration, but I can understand the fine. From the article:

"Elliott toured a Salvation Army warehouse this week, presenting a $50,000 check while there. He has asked followers to give $21 donations to match his jersey number. You can give here."

1 hour ago, chongli said:

From last week's Indy at Dallas blowout:

I actually thought it was a funny celebration, but I can understand the fine. From the article:

"Elliott toured a Salvation Army warehouse this week, presenting a $50,000 check while there. He has asked followers to give $21 donations to match his jersey number. You can give here."

I think you posted to the wrong thread, or I'm missing something.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.