NFL Week #13 - Around the NFL - Please note - Chiefs at Bengals featured in its own thread

BuffaloBill

15 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Thank you, I’ve been trying to say our fans overrate so many of our players. I like our guys but we have very few elite guys, like top 10 guys at their position. Probably just josh, Diggs, Poyer, and maybe Von. Milano maybe too. Not sure if Tre is or not anymore. Yes, the eagles line is WAY better than ours. That’s the bigggest issue I have. We are severely lacking in the trenches. Especially the OL. Our lack of pass rush depth is going to hurt us until von comes back too. Might be ok against Mike white, Tua, Mac, and Justin Fields but Burrow is going to murder us with those weapons.,

Milano was playing absolutely out of his mind until the Detroit game. Rousseau is having a great season too 

if tre white is a similar level to years past were talkin 5 potential elite players on defense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MPT said:

You're definitely right about our OL but if you go looking for teams that have more than 2 top-10 players at their positions you won't find many. You begrudgingly listed 4 for us, including the most important position in the game.

This started out though with me saying the Niners roster is the best in the league. They have top 10 guys everywhere except at qb of course. They’re so good everywhere else that it hides that wart. 

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

This started out though with me saying the Niners roster is the best in the league. They have top 10 guys everywhere except at qb of course. They’re so good everywhere else that it hides that wart. 

You actually said top 5 at first but sure let's say top 10. McCaffrey, Bosa, Kittle, Warner, Trent Williams? That's 5. Like you said, though, none of those are a QB. They're one of the best rosters in the league but they don't have the most important part. We do, and we have about as many top 10 players as they do. 

I'm pretty convinced that the bottom is going to fall out for either the Jets, Miami, or both. I think they've both peaked, New York especially. Mike White is a clear upgrade over Wilson, but he's still not the game changing QB that will do something against a consistent pass rush. I wouldn't be surprised if the D-line eats him alive next week, even without Von. And then you can't really turn to Flacco because he's an even worse statue against the rush. Jets are just buying time right now. They turned some heads but it was always about the next year or two for them. 

Somebody's going to make a move in the AFC, although it may not really impact the Bills much if we keep the #1. Got to think it's either Vegas or Cleveland now with Watson.

6 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Don’t know if it’s all injury related but Xavien Howard has been bad all year long.  It’s a pretty big reason why their defense has struggled.  

flores certainly ran the offense straight into the ground but I think he was getting a lot more out of his defensive players than McDaniel is 

Concerning their Defense: I watched the entire game, and after Jimmy G went out, it seems like the Fish blitzed on almost every play thereafter. If that is there main strategy, they are digressing--and wait until they have to play a 1st string QB.

8 hours ago, MPT said:

You actually said top 5 at first but sure let's say top 10. McCaffrey, Bosa, Kittle, Warner, Trent Williams? That's 5. Like you said, though, none of those are a QB. They're one of the best rosters in the league but they don't have the most important part. We do, and we have about as many top 10 players as they do. 

Sorry yes, they’re top 5 roster and I’ll still say it’s the best. If they figure out the qb position it would be over for the rest of the league. You forgot to mention Deebo. 

Don’t agree with me on how good their roster is? They’re on their 3rd string QB and only Philly and Dallas still have better odds to win the NFC. Yes the Niners are still above the Vikings, etc. Maybe that’s a bigger indictment on the Vikings but let’s be real. Vegas recognizes how stacked the Niners are. They’re still going to make the playoffs and I actually think I would pick them still to get to the NFC title game and lose a close one to Philly. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They're going to lose to us in the AFCCG.  Cincy will beat KC at Arrowhead in the Divisional Round.

I don't think that is impossible. They do seem to be a little in KC's head. The only thing I'd say is they have squeaked past them 3 times in a row. Eventually you keep winning those narrow games to an opponent and one is going to bounce your way. 

Their offensive line is still a struggle to me. I am surprised that their corners have held up as well as they have again. Gotta give them credit because it is a no-star defense that they have playing out of their skin. 

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think that is impossible. They do seem to be a little in KC's head. The only thing I'd say is they have squeaked past them 3 times in a row. Eventually you keep winning those narrow games to an opponent and one is going to bounce your way. 

Their offensive line is still a struggle to me. I am surprised that their corners have held up as well as they have again. Gotta give them credit because it is a no-star defense that they have playing out of their skin. 

Well they are a Tyler Boyd very easy dropped pass from having a more comfortable lead.

Or maybe the narrow close games become more convincing wins for the Bengals.  They're in the Chiefs heads!

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well they are a Tyler Boyd very easy dropped pass from having a more comfortable lead.

Or maybe the narrow close games become more convincing wins for the Bengals.  They're in the Chiefs heads!

They were also an uncharacteristic Kelce fumble from losing. But agree, they are in KC's head, definitely. 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They were also an uncharacteristic Kelce fumble from losing. But agree, they are in KC's head, definitely. 

Didn't we have a bet back in August?  The Bengals don't make the playoffs, I post nudes.  The Bengals, do make the playoffs, you post nudes.

I would suggest your start dieting and working out....

Edited by Royale with Cheese

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.