NFL Week #13 - Around the NFL - Please note - Chiefs at Bengals featured in its own thread

BuffaloBill

I'm just confused as to where the posters are that have incessantly told me about how the Bills have so many deficiencies

compared to the Chiefs, Dolphins, Titans, Jets and Chargers?

I know the Patriots talk ended Thursday, but I would have thought they were ready for today.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Disagree with top LB unit but hey if you like Edmunds that much then fine. Tre is not a top 3 corner even before his injury. Best DL depth in the league? Stop. Von is out so let’s revisit this each week after we can’t get pressure on Qbs without him. 

look I love the bills. But let’s not overrate the actual talent on this roster. Yes We have the 2nd or 3rd best qb in the league depending on how you rate burrow. Josh elevates a middle of the pack roster and makes us great. 

Tre is absolutely a top 3 CB before his injury. Surtain is having a great year but who knows if he'll be consistent. Xavien Howard is up there. Ramsey, Alexander, and Slay all come after Tre in my opinion. 

We got a ton of pressure on Mac without Von. And we are excellent against the run this year. 

You didn't address any of the other positions I mentioned and you vastly overrated the 49ers WR position. When it comes down to it, QB is still the most important part of the equation. We have equal talent to the 49ers throughout the rest of the roster, but we have a massive advantage where it matters most.

15 minutes ago, MPT said:

Tre is absolutely a top 3 CB before his injury. Surtain is having a great year but who knows if he'll be consistent. Xavien Howard is up there. Ramsey, Alexander, and Slay all come after Tre in my opinion. 

We got a ton of pressure on Mac without Von. And we are excellent against the run this year. 

You didn't address any of the other positions I mentioned and you vastly overrated the 49ers WR position. When it comes down to it, QB is still the most important part of the equation. We have equal talent to the 49ers throughout the rest of the roster, but we have a massive advantage where it matters most.

Don’t know if it’s all injury related but Xavien Howard has been bad all year long.  It’s a pretty big reason why their defense has struggled.  

flores certainly ran the offense straight into the ground but I think he was getting a lot more out of his defensive players than McDaniel is 

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Don’t know if it’s all injury related but Xavien Howard has been bad all year long.  It’s a pretty big reason why their defense has struggled.  

flores certainly ran the offense straight into the ground but I think he was getting a lot more out of his defensive players than McDaniel is 

Past results do not guarantee future performance.

1 hour ago, MPT said:

We have a top 3 WR, best LB duo in the league, top 3 safety, top 3 CB, best DL depth in the league, and OH YEAH top 2 at the most important position where the 49ers have the 20th-ish guy.

Also, the 49ers don't have the best pass rusher or a top 5 WR. The Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers have better pass rushers. The Rams, too, if you include interior guys. I'm not even sure who you think their top 5 WR is. Deebo? Aiyuk? Neither are even top 10. 

Thinks you’re describing the eagles w DL depth. 

aj , Basham , shaq  are JAGs.

settle and DQ are one step above JAG

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m not saying he’ll play badly against us…I’m saying he should not be in the ‘elite corner’ group based on his play so far 

My comment was a general, "you never know' what next year will mean with any player from any team.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yeah I was trying to go by overall career performance (weighted toward current ability so players like Gilmore, Harris, Peterson, Bouye didn't factor in) since Tre obviously hasn't been a top 3 corner this year due to injury. It's also very subjective so I find the other poster's claim that the 49ers roster is better than ours to be dubious at best especially considering the massive gap at QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Haha well I tried to tell people and win them some money. I knew the bengals game would be close. I never once thought he dolphins would keep it under 10 so that was simple. That said, I’m higher on the Niners than anyone else on this board. I have a +1800 Super Bowl bet that I took out when Lance got hurt and Jimmy took over. Their roster in insane, best in the league by far. They won’t win it all now but they’re still going to win at least 1 playoff game, book that

Agree. It’s also that we don’t have that elite DE without Von. Let’s be real, we’ve whiffed at that spot. Groot is good at stopping the run, but not rushing the passer as much 

I think Groot has a lot of promise, and elite DEs don't fall out of the trees.

I like his trajectory from last year to this year and I am pretty sure we have not seen what his ceiling is yet. You cannot teach that length he has or that bend and hand use. Considering where we were drafting I think he may have been a steal - we will see.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, balln said:

Thinks you’re describing the eagles w DL depth. 

aj , Basham , shaq  are JAGs.

settle and DQ are one step above JAG

You might be right considering their recent acquisitions of Joseph and Suh. But I'd put Rousseau ahead of their DE's and Oliver ahead of their DT's. And Lawson has played well above JAG status this year, he just doesn't have splash plays.

Just now, MPT said:

You might be right considering their recent acquisitions of Joseph and Suh. But I'd put Rousseau ahead of their DE's and Oliver ahead of their DT's. And Lawson has played well above JAG status this year, he just doesn't have splash plays.

On no planet is Oliver better than fletcher cox

reddick is producing same as Von 

then you have Brandon graham and Robert Quinn 

oh yea don’t forget Jordan Davis

puhhhh leaseeeee .. shaq lawson can’t win in pass rush. Like ever. 

8 minutes ago, balln said:

Thank you, I’ve been trying to say our fans overrate so many of our players. I like our guys but we have very few elite guys, like top 10 guys at their position. Probably just josh, Diggs, Poyer, and maybe Von. Milano maybe too. Not sure if Tre is or not anymore. Yes, the eagles line is WAY better than ours. That’s the bigggest issue I have. We are severely lacking in the trenches. Especially the OL. Our lack of pass rush depth is going to hurt us until von comes back too. Might be ok against Mike white, Tua, Mac, and Justin Fields but Burrow is going to murder us with those weapons.,

12 minutes ago, balln said:

Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham have had excellent careers but are starting to wear down. Robert Quinn hasn't done anything this year. Jordan Davis is an unproven rookie. I'm definitely not saying they're not one of the best units in the league, but if there is a gap between them and our DL it's very small.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Thank you, I’ve been trying to say our fans overrate so many of our players. I like our guys but we have very few elite guys, like top 10 guys at their position. Probably just josh, Diggs, Poyer, and maybe Von. Milano maybe too. Not sure if Tre is or not anymore. Yes, the eagles line is WAY better than ours. That’s the bigggest issue I have. We are severely lacking in the trenches. Especially the OL. Our lack of pass rush depth is going to hurt us until von comes back too. Might be ok against Mike white, Tua, Mac, and Justin Fields but Burrow is going to murder us with those weapons.,

You're definitely right about our OL but if you go looking for teams that have more than 2 top-10 players at their positions you won't find many. You begrudgingly listed 4 for us, including the most important position in the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.