NFL Week #13 - Around the NFL - Please note - Chiefs at Bengals featured in its own thread

BuffaloBill

7 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Every year it seems there is one week that is a big benefit for Bills fans.

If that is going to happen this year, this is the week to see it happen.

Go Bengals, Vikings, 49ers.

Go Bills!

I'm not going to apologize for this LAMP post.

Watching football for more years than I care to admit, suffice it to say, it might be prudent to never think (or post) things way ahead of what

might happen.

Watching the games and enjoying the result, is much more fun than guessing what might happen while it's still not finished.

IMHO.

Go Bills!

1 hour ago, MPT said:

Even if Jimmy is back, they're a QB short of being the best roster in the league. That's us, bud.

Well apparently Jimmy is done. Yes we are better at qb than them obviously. They’ve literally got us beat at every other position that matters almost.  Best LT in the league, top 5 WR, top 5 TE, top 5 RB, best pass rusher in the league, best MLB in the league. I don’t need to say much more 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

no, you were absolutely not allowed to get a whole week of telling us how bad this team is and how there’s no way we’re going to go to the Super Bowl

Wait, what?  Are you talking to the right guy?  You must be mistaken. 

Go back and look at what I was responding to… or feel free to pull up one single post of me telling anyone we’re bad and not going to the Super Bowl. 

Edited by Playoffs?

1 hour ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

No not enough. 3rd down defense has been abysmal, etc. 

I think that is the lack of having an elite lock-down corner. Even one makes a lot of difference scheming up ways to take away one side of the field.

Elam is probably a year away, but I think the ingredients are there. The rest not named White are cast-offs, UFAs, and late round selections. 

I think the Bills have done well with those selections like Benford, but it is asking a lot to have those guys cover the Hills, Waddles, Chases, or Jeffersons of the league without a lot of help.

Fingers crossed for White, not just for the play he brings, but he was so much a part of this team's heart and soul on the field, and of course for his career too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I think that is the lack of having an elite lock-down corner. Even one makes a lot of difference scheming up ways to take away one side of the field.

Elam is probably a year away, but I think the ingredients are there. The rest not named White are cast-offs, UFAs, and late round selections. 

I think the Bills have done well with those selections like Benford, but it is asking a lot to have those guys cover the Hills, Waddles, Chases, or Jeffersons of the league without a lot of help.

Fingers crossed for White, not just for the play he brings, but he was so much a part of this team's heart and soul on the field, and of course for his career too.

great post my friend!

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Well apparently Jimmy is done. Yes we are better at qb than them obviously. They’ve literally got us beat at every other position that matters almost.  Best LT in the league, top 5 WR, top 5 TE, top 5 RB, best pass rusher in the league, best MLB in the league. I don’t need to say much more 

We have a top 3 WR, best LB duo in the league, top 3 safety, top 3 CB, best DL depth in the league, and OH YEAH top 2 at the most important position where the 49ers have the 20th-ish guy.

Also, the 49ers don't have the best pass rusher or a top 5 WR. The Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers have better pass rushers. The Rams, too, if you include interior guys. I'm not even sure who you think their top 5 WR is. Deebo? Aiyuk? Neither are even top 10. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

Dude this is some uncanny ***** bro, you called it

Haha well I tried to tell people and win them some money. I knew the bengals game would be close. I never once thought he dolphins would keep it under 10 so that was simple. That said, I’m higher on the Niners than anyone else on this board. I have a +1800 Super Bowl bet that I took out when Lance got hurt and Jimmy took over. Their roster in insane, best in the league by far. They won’t win it all now but they’re still going to win at least 1 playoff game, book that

19 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Agree. It’s also that we don’t have that elite DE without Von. Let’s be real, we’ve whiffed at that spot. Groot is good at stopping the run, but not rushing the passer as much 

28 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Wait, what?  Are you talking to the right guy?  You must be mistaken. 

Go back and look at what I was responding to… or feel free to pull up one single post of me telling anyone we’re bad and not going to the Super Bowl. 

Sorry, my failed attempt at sarcasm. This wasn’t meant at you.

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

We have a top 3 WR, best LB duo in the league, top 3 safety, top 3 CB, best DL depth in the league, and OH YEAH top 2 at the most important position where the 49ers have the 20th-ish guy.

Also, the 49ers don't have the best pass rusher or a top 5 WR. The Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers have better pass rushers. The Rams, too, if you include interior guys. I'm not even sure who you think their top 5 WR is. Deebo? Aiyuk? Neither are even top 10. 

Disagree with top LB unit but hey if you like Edmunds that much then fine. Tre is not a top 3 corner even before his injury. Best DL depth in the league? Stop. Von is out so let’s revisit this each week after we can’t get pressure on Qbs without him. 

look I love the bills. But let’s not overrate the actual talent on this roster. Yes We have the 2nd or 3rd best qb in the league depending on how you rate burrow. Josh elevates a middle of the pack roster and makes us great. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.