NFL Week #13 - Around the NFL - Please note - Chiefs at Bengals featured in its own thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

One of the things I find interesting is the Niners have the number one defense in the NFL and they give up a touchdown like that but we will scorch our defense if they do the same thing offenses make play sometimes

Because their defense also makes plays, gets picks and changes the game. Ours is just blah most of the time 

49ers weapons are basically unstoppable. 

• Eyeroll 3

Just now, John from Riverside said:

One of the things I find interesting is the Niners have the number one defense in the NFL and they give up a touchdown like that but we will scorch our defense if they do the same thing offenses make play sometimes

I love our defense, but we have a history of giving up down and long distance, or going into pretty poorly performing prevent defenses.

I think those work when you know you can bring pressure against a less mobile QB and force the early throw to keep those completions well short of the sticks, but we give up to many 3rd and longs or 4th and longs.

We have a good solid defense, just think they are just a few pieces away from being great... a healthy White playing again at an elite level and Elam coming on would help. Getting a well-rested Von back down the stretch would be gravy too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.