NFL Week #13 - Around the NFL - Please note - Chiefs at Bengals featured in its own thread

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

OK, Tell the truth.  When Watson highlights come on the screen, does anyone else yell “You Sick *****!” ?

Yes. Then my wife yells at me for language & yelling & says she thought she'd get a break since the Bills aren't on. My 16 year old says "that's why learning to control yourself was invented Dad". 😳

8 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Stop being a prisoner of the moment…….Hodgins was nothing special here!

OK, let me put it to you this way.

We cut Hodgins, then due to Kumerow on IR wound up playing 2 games with Tanner Gentry.

Do you think Tanner Gentry is a better WR than Hodgins, Y or N?

If we had Gentry on our active roster and cut him, do you think any team files a waiver claim, Y or N?

I’m not saying Hodgins is a star WR, but in the context of the talent we have on our roster we were 1 injury away from an alternative of bringing in a guy off the street who hasn’t played since 2020 or signing Tanner Gentry to the active roster.

In hindsight, I kind of feel keeping Hodgins on the roster would possibly have been a better move, But, we’ll see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MPT said:

We had to go out and sign John Brown to the roster this week and Khalil Shakir has 8 catches on the season.

When you're a super bowl contender, the talent on your roster is better than most teams. That means guys on the practice squad with some upside that weren't good enough to make your 53, are better than what a lot of teams have on their 53. He did not beat out Crowder or Kumerow. And he was gone before he could be called up.

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

Yes. Then my wife yells at me for language & yelling & says she thought she'd get a break since the Bills aren't on. My 16 year old says "that's why learning to control yourself was invented Dad". 😳

Did you point out that if Watson could control himself, he wouldn’t have been sued by 2 dozen women for unconsentual indecent conduct and you’d have no need to yell?

• Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

omg fire Beane 

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This might end up being a blemish on the McBeane program.  They put time and patience into this guy and then exposed him, knowing full well he’d be on other teams radar. 

Huge Beane fan but he should have never waived Hodgins after the 2nd callup.  Crowder was on IR and Kumerow had ankle

injuries.  Been living with 4 WR since.  I bet Brandon wishes he could take that back.

Hodgins will never be a #1 or even a full time #2WR but he has NFL worth.

Just now, KHAN said:

When you're a super bowl contender, the talent on your roster is better than most teams. That means guys on the practice squad with some upside that weren't good enough to make your 53, are better than what a lot of teams have on their 53. He did not beat out Crowder or Kumerow. And he was gone before he could be called up.

? Hodgins was on the active roster (not just called up) and claimed off waivers when we cut him.

He played in 2 games and had 4 catches for 41 yds in one.

Just now, Beck Water said:

? Hodgins was on the active roster (not just called up) and claimed off waivers when we cut him.

He played in 2 games and had 4 catches for 41 yds in one.

In other words, Dawson Knox production…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.