NFL Week #13 - Around the NFL - Please note - Chiefs at Bengals featured in its own thread

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This might end up being a blemish on the McBeane program.  They put time and patience into this guy and then exposed him, knowing full well he’d be on other teams radar. 

Maybe we should wait until Hodgins tops 5 catches or 50 yards in a game?  It was his first NFL touchdown.  I think Beane's reputation is safe for now.

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Hodgins runs the Diggs route from the outside, gets open for the Giants touchdown.

Must be nice to have a big target with great hands for the red zone.

Yeah, I do feel we mishandled that one, and there was someone on the defense that could have been cut there

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I am not sure MN used the clock as well as they could have that series before kicking their FG and giving the ball back. Could not drain a minute and change off the clock?

One thing the Bills have done well is capitalizing on what little time is left on the clock in the 1st half and doing a bit better preserving the lead in the 2nd half lately. There was a series against these same MN Vikings where we had the lead and Dorsey came out in 2 series in the 3rd passing and we were pitching 3 and outs. Got a lot of criticism for that, and that could have been managed better.... 

I get staying aggressive, but you have to balance that with being smart and strategically sound defending a lead. The same goes for defense where Frazier's worst moments seem to be when he drifts too far into positioning our defense to play on his heals defending down and long distance or defending a lead. In those instances I think we take away something that is working and substitute something that may not.

Its a theory.

The Vikings are playing like the Bills.  Don’t know why they just did not run the ball that last play.  Letting the opponent have hope.  Just run it in that situation.  Kill the clock.  They almost got their QB hurt unnecessarily.   He actually might be hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Philly tried to score on the final play of the first half. Got down to the 16yd line. Not sure why we never try 

We tried this week. Allen threw a 30 yard pass incomplete with about 15 seconds left. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I think the Niners are going to bring the Fish back down to earth a little. 

I hope they do.

Ever since GBs defense gave us fits there have been a lot of copy cats out there.

If the 49ers come up with a great scheme to shut down Hill and Waddle, we can probably adapt that to our game with them.

If anyone knows McDaniels' scheme and tendencies it would be the Niners staff.

We will see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.