So, this guy Allen.. who’d have believed what he would become?

Chandler#81

The first time I saw him play was in a Bills preseason game.  I told me wife during the game. This guy will be the best QB the Bills have ever had.  Its not clear to me how NFL scouts could pass over his obvious natural physical gifts to land instead on Baker Mayfield for Sam Darnold.   Thank God incompetence runs rampant through the NFL. 

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I remember seeing him play for Reedley college and thinking "this kid is special, he's going to be a great one in the future".

I wish I had some proof of this because I have a feeling no one will believe me

I believe you. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought he had the physical ability to be the best qb ever.  Best arm I had ever seen.  I was right.

I was scared by his wide eyed facial expressions.  Because of those facial expressions, he reminded me of a huge 15 year old kid that might be not be ready to swim in the deep end.  I thought he’d probably drown unless he was developed intricately.

I thought he had about a 4% chance of reaching his potential if he was drafted and developed by the Bills based on the previous 20ish years.  

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I knew he was a gamer. I didn’t expect him to come this far. I am glad that he did.

from not being able to get but one college to offer him a scholarship to this is a very nice story

When he wins the SB you could already imagine his Football Life. The script will write itself. 

Josh Rosen was my first choice, Josh Allen was my second choice.

So, I wasn't upset at all that we picked Allen, but I knew that it would take time for him to develop as an NFL QB.

After his rookie year, he was entertaining and fun to watch and you could see the potential. His second year, I had believed that we had finally found a real starter at QB that we've needed for years.

HIs third year, we don't just have a starter, we have a star!

Never would have imagined him turning into the player that he has become. What an exciting time it is for us as Bills fans.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What I had gathered from Allens pre draft rhetoric was that he was a High Risk High Ceiling type of guy.  He had the perfect body type and arm strength to cut through the winds in Orchard Park was One Obvious Pro.  The risks were his rawness and just how he would develop with pro coaching

Well we are all happy to report that the Risk has now been trumped by the reward. The Collegiate scouts are also on notice to keep their eyes open for the next unheralded diamond in the rough like him. But there being another one is questionable. There is only One Josh Allen. His story from athletic rags to riches is indeed Iconic

A more perfect match between a city and an NFL QB would be impossible. #12 who I loved as a Bill after he finally broke down and agreed to play here is the oppositie of #17 who was thrilled to be drafted by the Buffalo Bills.  And he put in the work to improve and now he is not only the undisputed Franchise QB But NFL superstar and maybe the most likeable athlete this city has ever had.

Yes Im a huge fan. #BLESSEDHEISOURS

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

I remember holding him right after he was born, thinking how great is this kid going to be at QB. I quietly whispered “You’ll be a Bill some day”. 

I remember coddling his dad's sack knowing that he was in there. I even drew the Bills logo on there. I know this is HARD to believe but that's when I knew Josh would be good. I wish I had pics to share.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I remember seeing him play for Reedley college and thinking "this kid is special, he's going to be a great one in the future".

I wish I had some proof of this because I have a feeling no one will believe me

HA! Given all the follow up from this post, yours IS the most believable!

😉👍

• Haha (+1) 1

I remember sitting in the stands in the coliseum in a past life when this one gladiator shredded his competition and then jumped over a lion. He made such quick work of everything that the masses started booing. He looked up to the crowds arms raised and bellowed “Are you not entertained?!?!”

I just knew in my heart in that moment that he would some day be reincarnated as the QB of the Buffalo Bills… even though I had absolutely no idea what it meant, it filled me with joy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

In 2018 he wasn't a good QB yet, but he made throws and runs I've never seen before. There was certainly a likability to him and enough on the field to think he had a real chance. 2019 was the "Sugar High Josh" season. That Houston playoff game lol.

In 2020 he arrived as one of the top QB's in the league. The stories of how hard he has worked every off season to improve every facet of his game are impressive.

As a UCLA graduate I will always find it ironic that I had hoped we'd draft Rosen. Yes I've devoured countless variations of crow since then. Then his rookie year he decides to begin his legend by hurdling another Bruin, Anthony Barr. A star was born that moment. Maybe someday Troy Aikman (Bruin) will call Josh's first SB victory. How ironic life can be....

I’ve always believed that a person’s drive was the single biggest factor in determining  their success, no matter what the subject. 

Physical and even mental traits can make a player good, or even great. But typically, the legends are not physical/mental freaks but are individuals with inhuman drive.

The thing that just blows me away about this kid, is that he seems to have that level of drive, while possessing elite physical traits (not sure on mental but he’s at least average I’m assuming 🤷‍♂️). 

Having him as our QB is well worth the decades of:

😬 Oh I’m sorry man”

When I told people I was a Bills fan. 

LFG BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.