If you have just one choice

Italian Bills

Who you want lose more an why ?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Who you want lose more an why ?

• Phins @ 49ers
    • Chiefs @ Bengals

We need KC to lose otherwise we have to go back to Arrowhead for the 3rd straight year in the playoffs. I could unfortunately envision this team losing there 4 years in a row similar to losing 4 Super Bowls.

The Dolphins are last year's Pats team. Given another opportunity we are going to destroy them and if we play them in the playoffs we will completely embarrass them. They are as phony as a $3 bill.

All of this only making Tua do what he's good at stuff is a gimmick that will catch up to them and if anything shows that Tua is not very good if they have to tailor the game plan around his strengths. Let's see how he looks today vs a good defense.

47 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Dolphins are going to lose a couple more games-would like to see them lose but they don’t concern me, so I’d rather see the Chiefs lose.

Also, I don’t know what it is about the 49ers, but I just don’t like them. So while I would like for the dolphins to lose, I’m also fine with it if the 49ers lose

Good lord I hope you’re right about the Phins losing a couple more. I cannot stand dolphins fans this year.  

I just can’t be ok with the 9ers losing today.. don’t want Miami playing with that kind of confidence down the stretch, and wouldn’t mind a little cushion in the event the Bills find a way to slip up once in their tough remaining schedule. 

Never been so on edge on a day that the Bills don’t play!  

Today we are very involved in the games even if we don’t play. 

That’s because our first enemy, KC, will may e face the very last obstacle in the schedule, second because we hate the Phins that lately became so cocky and with all the analyst going their way. 

But beside the two, we know that those dirty fishes will come in Orchard in two weeks and this time no heat to help them, so better a KC loss if we want to have a real shot to be the n.1 seed

4 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

How do we win the tie breaker over Miami if we both go 4-2 in the division?

1) Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs)

2) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division

3) Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games

4) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

5) Strength of victory

6) Strength of schedule

There are more tie breakers than that, but if we tie in the division than it goes to common games. Then conference record.

We both have losses to New York and Minnesota. They have a loss to Cincy, so that plays into our favor if we beat Cincy.

Both teams have a tied conference record right now, but a loss to us would give them a worse conference record, assuming both teams come into the head to head game without losing.

4 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I want both to lose. I understand the OP looking for "one" choice but I feel greedy today. I mentioned regaining first place in the division, not winning it knowing they have yet to play them the 18th. I agree the kc loss would be much more beneficial down the stretch while looking to get 1st seed.

Well obviously both is better, but if we are picking just one, KC is the only correct choice because that is the only option that 100% gives us complete control over our own destiny was my point.  

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

If we go 4-2 in the division, that means we beat Miami.  To tie them at 4-2 would mean Miami would need to win every other game on their schedule outside the Bills game, and we would need to lose to either Chicago or Bengals.   

Not likely to be a situation where we have same record and same divisional record.  Possible, just not likely.  

5 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Good question. The 3rd tiebreaker after head to head and division record is common games. Buffalo and Miami share 8 common games this year:

Miami:

Ravens  W

Bengals  L

Vikings  L

Steelers  W

Lions  W

Bears  W

Browns  W

Packers (home)

Buffalo:

Ravens  W

Steelers  W

Packers  W

Vikings  L

Browns  W

Lions  W

Bears (away)

Bengals (away)

Thus far the Bills are 5-1 in common games while Miami is 5-2, so Buffalo has a very slight edge.

If the Bills split with Chicago and Cincinnati and Miami beats the Packers, we would then move to the 4th tiebreaker, conference record. Both the Bills and Miami are currently 6-2. Miami has @LAC, @BUF, @NE, and NYJ. Buffalo has NYJ, MIA, @CIN, and NE. Again, a slight edge for the Bills but ALL of our potential advantages are predicated on the Bills beating Miami in Buffalo. Should the Bills lose, they will likely need some serious help to win the division (and I recognize that your question assumes the Bills will win out in their division games).

5th and 6th tiebreakers are strength of victory and strength of schedule. If it got that far, Buffalo would be nearly certain to have the edge based on current numbers (Miami SOV .423, SOS .496, while Buffalo is SOV .475 and SOS .537).

Edited by buffblue

4 minutes ago, Process said:

How the hell did 42 people vote for the dolphins lol there is no debate 

Because we have to secure our division first and that is far from a guarantee at this point. Everyone seems to be assuming that winning out is an easy task. The Chiefs losing makes no difference if we finish 2nd in the East

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Because we have to secure our division first and that is far from a guarantee at this point. Everyone seems to be assuming that winning out is an easy task. The Chiefs losing makes no difference if we finish 2nd in the East

Ok… well we play the Fins again.  If they lose today, but beat us, they have the tiebreaker anyway.  

We need to beat them, potentially, regardless. 

Chiefs, we have no control over. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.