In the Era of Josh Allen, how about a little Jim Kelly love

wjag

6 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

No from 18 yr old girls he invited to his parties when he was married and in his late 30's and 40's. He's a dirtbag, it's not a rumor. His wife wrote a book about it I believe 

Lol. By all means take another opportunity to expand the gossip, Any other sordid details you’d care to get out there that you think you may have heard? Any other players or just anyone in general you want to judge publicly while you have the floor?

Edited by DC Greg

Just now, DC Greg said:

Lol. By all means take another opportunity to expand the gossip, Any other sordid details you’d care to get out there that you think you many have heard? Any other players or just anyone in general you want to judge publicly while you have the floor?

James Kelly, former QB of the Buffalo Bills, would invite and hook up with barely legal girls at his house parties and would also pick up girls at bars and take them back to his house. He's a dirtbag. Read his wife's book "Without a Word."

1 minute ago, KDIGGZ said:

James Kelly, former QB of the Buffalo Bills, would invite and hook up with barely legal girls at his house parties and would also pick up girls at bars and take them back to his house. He's a dirtbag. Read his wife's book "Without a Word."

I’m not defending the behavior. Cheating is bad. But the way you are judging him and just trying to make sure everyone knows that you are morally superior is gross. Just my opinion.

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

No from 18 yr old girls he invited to his parties when he was married and in his late 30's and 40's. He's a dirtbag, it's not a rumor. His wife wrote a book about it I believe 

This x1,000

20 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Lol. By all means take another opportunity to expand the gossip, Any other sordid details you’d care to get out there that you think you may have heard? Any other players or just anyone in general you want to judge publicly while you have the floor?

I’ll add that Andre Reed is/was a real POS as well. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

He’s so much worse than womanizing. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Talent wise he is. Allen has done so many unique things in NFL history that every time he does a new one we just shrug our shoulders. Kelly was never that.

Allen is simply a freak of nature!

He has now thrown 2 scrambling TDs, the latest cross body, as he was going out of bounds.

How many bodies has he leaped over now, for big gains 4?

Able to throw 35 yard dimes to win games in the closing seconds.

Takes off like a gazelle past the hole the DE has left by coming long on the outside.

I am now never surprised by what he does and the command presence he exhibits in closing moments- willing himself to lead the Bills to victory.

By years end, he will be close to the Top 100 QBs ALL TIME for Passing TDs & Yards.
A very successful Playoff run puts him into the Top 10 of both.

Never before seen.

7 hours ago, mrags said:

He’s so much worse than womanizing. 

Yes but that was the low hanging fruit. And there are still people on this board who will idolize and defend him like he is some kind of hero. Great football player, terrible person. Both can be true 

7 hours ago, DC Greg said:

I’m not defending the behavior. Cheating is bad. But the way you are judging him and just trying to make sure everyone knows that you are morally superior is gross. Just my opinion.

Almost everyone is morally superior to the Kelly family. It doesn't take much

• Thank you (+1) 1

In my posse of Bills’ fanatics (ex SBs, AFC Championships, Playoffs, 20 year Season Tix holders during the Glory Years, one intensely dislikes Kelly for his personal, off the field life. The rest of us don’t discuss it.

Kelly has grown, through his own trials and tribulations, to be a better man and a full time Ambassador to Buffalo.

I do wish he would do one thing (and apologies if I missed it). I’d like him to do a Health commercial, perhaps in conjunction with his Cancer Care medical people, on the evils of chewing tobacco- especially young athlete boys! 

Any of us around from Kelly’s arrival know he did so. Oddly,the Internet appears to be scrubbed from those early pics.

It would be a great, community health service.

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Pretty much every current player on the roster can be included with that statement.  

He was going to move to Virginia after he retired, but ended up deciding to stay in Buffalo. 

I knew the location was changed because of him, but not the green room being created.  I was there for the last ceremony on the steps when Marv Levy was inducted, and then the following year in the stadium when Jim made it in.  People I was with for Marv's induction, were already planning for Jim's induction the next year, even though it was far from official, only that he would be eligible for induction, they were that sure he would make it. 

I thought people realized the thread was about Kelly and Allen. Apologies. 

Allen has more impressive stats and adds a rushing ability that Kelly never had.      Kelly accomplished his stats in an era where the defense was allowed to do a lot more to stop the offense.    You could make an argument for both.    I personally think that Kelly is still number one, but that changes once Allen makes a couple of superbowls or wins one. 

The only way Josh will be held in higher regard than Kelly is if he wins a SB despite all of the stats & records he puts up & breaks that will be the only way he surpasses Jim if he does get to a SB & were to lose it will be just another Bills QB to lose one so he has to bring the Lombardi home not that Jim will be forgotten by any means but Josh will then & only then become number 1 in Bills history .

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.