Under McBeane, the Bills are a player friendly franchise

Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Hardly the same as bringing in Stafford, OBJ (on a short term win now deal) and Von Miller (on a short term win now deal).  But I guess a guy off the street like Klein is the same sort of win now commitment. 

I’d say so. They certainly could have procured more physically talented players that’d be more beneficial in future years, but opted for Klien and Marlowe who know the team and already have fill in rolls on defense and special teams. When you look at Hines adjustment/acclimation period it seems pretty clear that McBeane opted for weathering the injury storm instead of upgrading next season. 

16 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I've read the Josh Green Bay concussion thing a couple times today in different threads and it is honestly the first time I've heard that.  What play did it happen on and was there any discussion about it after the game?   Josh played at a high level that game and took care of GB handily.  

There is literally nothing to the rumor. Just a bunch of speculation and people refusing to believe that Josh Allen can have a couple of down games without there being some conspiracy theory behind it.

Allen has missed time with injury before. If he had a concussion and needed to miss time, he would have. Similarly, they would have shut him down if playing with his elbow injury was a significant risk.

The only possible thing is if only Josh Allen knew and kept it secret. But players are monitored during the game and he wasn't checked out. Nobody noticed anything wrong with him during or after either. The concussion theory is a huge, meritless stretch of the imagination.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Augie said:

There was a replay here somewhere that showed him banging his head on the turf while getting tackled. I don’t recall the exact timeline, but it seemed to be roughly about when that rumor started. His head hit pretty hard! Concussed? IDK.  🤷‍♂️

Allen's head is banged into the turf like that once a game, it seems, along with many other QB's throughout the league on a weekly basis. Only sometimes does it cause a concussion. It has to get hit just right, or just hard enough. One guy can be completely fine, and another not. The Tua hits are an example of this. I see plenty of guys take harder hits to the head without any problem. He hit it just right and he got concussed. It's not always about how hard it is. Sometimes it is about what angle the hit is, the angle of your neck and spine when the hit occurs, how much you are resisting the impact, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.