How Has Xavier Rhodes Been Performing So Far?

hondo in seattle

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

From another thread re: Rhodes:

He fit comfortably into the Bills defensive scheme. He was conservative, kept everything in front of him, used the sidelines and solid tackling to keep gains to a minimum. He moved well but didn't look quick, seemed to know where he was supposed to be but did not look like he was going to be a playmaker. Was not aggressive attacking the LOS on run plays but that could come with more time and confidence with the team.

I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of the 3 top CBs rotating for a while going forward.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

From another thread re: Rhodes:

He fit comfortably into the Bills defensive scheme. He was conservative, kept everything in front of him, used the sidelines and solid tackling to keep gains to a minimum. He moved well but didn't look quick, seemed to know where he was supposed to be but did not look like he was going to be a playmaker. Was not aggressive attacking the LOS on run plays but that could come with more time and confidence with the team.

I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of the 3 top CBs rotating for a while going forward.

I’ll take a calm veteran presence in the defensive backfield to go along with the rookies

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As a TV-watching fan, I didn't notice him a lot.  He wasn't making the noticeable mistakes of, say, Dane Jackson.  But I wasn't seeing any big, positive plays either.  So I was wondering what other, more observant, fans thought.

Our secondary was supposed to be a strength with Poyer, Hyde and White as stars with Jackson and Elam competently rounding out the quintet.  But the stars have been hurt and Jackon has been disappointing in a bigger role.  (And Elam's been benched?)  I hope Rhodes can solidify things a bit.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• hondo in seattle changed the title to How Has Xavier Rhodes Been Performing So Far?

He played well enough I was not livid at McDermott. But the Pats offense isn't fast, their WRs are not skilled, Pats QB1 doesn't pass the ball across the field that much to hot outside the hash's. 

If there was ever a game for Rhodes to get his feet wet - it was this one.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.