Hamlin Ejection

Irv

5 minutes ago, Baba Booey said:

How was he not ejected, but Hamlin wash. Burks was knocked out!!

I just watched the Burks play.  It was similar to Hamlan, I would be curious to understand what warrants an ejection and what does not.  The fact he was knocked out is irrelevant though....its the act that is penalized not whether an injury occurred or the severity of an injury.

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I just watched the Burks play.  It was similar to Hamlan, I would be curious to understand what warrants an ejection and what does not.  The fact he was knocked out is irrelevant though....its the act that is penalized not whether an injury occurred or the severity of an injury.

A good place to start is whether the defenseless player gets knocked-out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 12/3/2022 at 12:34 AM, Irv said:

I’m a total Bills fan and homer.  I ask myself how I would feel if Diggs took the same hit Hamlin laid on Meyers?  No. I wouldn’t like it. But what is he supposed to do?  Go for the knees?  No.  Was he able to lower his head into the mid-section?  I don’t know.  On the second half thread there was some disagreement last night.  You can’t just let the receiver go untouched.  Right?  This is football for cripes sake.  

I thought Epenesa’s sack was vicious.  Should he have been ejected?  Hard to figure out.  What do you think?

Hamlin is good at tackling and that’s about it at this point.  Potential replacement?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/06/broncos-cut-anthony-harris/

19 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Hamlin is good at tackling and that’s about it at this point.  Potential replacement?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/06/broncos-cut-anthony-harris/

I would sign him to the PS and give him a look. Has been pretty good in coverage based on the numbers. Have not looked closely otherwise. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.