Jordan Phillips Injury

ShakAttack

18 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

I don’t think this has its own thread yet, and I think Phillips is important enough to deserve his own thread (but just barely).

Anyway, is there any information about this Shoulder injury?

all I know is it apparently happened on his whiffed dive attempt to sack Mac Jones at the 2 minute warning….

and that he was in a sling after the game…

Is there any other info at this time??  The fact it was bad enough to be in a sling makes me think he could be missing time :(

And on a side note, seriously tired of all these injuries that occur on the final drive of the game (whether offense or defense’s last drive) 

Just Barely really ?? This guy has been a welcome force on the Bills defensive front much mare than any that they had last year that's why all of those guys from last year aren't with the team anymore but i think Star is still with out a job we could bring him back if Phillips isn't doing what you think he needs to .

Sure he's no Ted Washington but he'd a lot better than what we've had since he left ...

Edited by T master

2 hours ago, T master said:

Just Barely really ?? This guy has been a welcome force on the Bills defensive front much mare than any that they had last year that's why all of those guys from last year aren't with the team anymore but i think Star is still with out a job we could bring him back if Phillips isn't doing what you think he needs to .

Sure he's no Ted Washington but he'd a lot better than what we've had since he left ...

It was a failed attempt at a joke.  I love Big Phil and what he brings to the defense and he is one of those guys that I will check up on for an injury update 10-20 times a day, which is what prompted me to make a thread in the first place.  The whole "just barely" (important enough) thing only crossed my mind because it was the morning after the game and it seemed like hardly anyone on the board was talking about it, which was a bit of a surprise, to me.   Then I realized, the guys that got their own injury thread so far this season were..... Micah Hyde.... Jordan Poyer.... Josh Allen.... I think you understand where I'm at.   

But again, just to clarify.... HUGE fan of Big Phil here and I would really hate to lose him against the Jets.  I think if we can put the same defense on the field against the Jets as we did vs the Pats,  the Jets offense WILL struggle.    Hopefully the Bills having a few extra days will also help.

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BobBelcher said:

It was a failed attempt at a joke.  I love Big Phil and what he brings to the defense and he is one of those guys that I will check up on for an injury update 10-20 times a day, which is what prompted me to make a thread in the first place.  The whole "just barely" (important enough) thing only crossed my mind because it was the morning after the game and it seemed like hardly anyone on the board was talking about it, which was a bit of a surprise, to me.   Then I realized, the guys that got their own injury thread so far this season were..... Micah Hyde.... Jordan Poyer.... Josh Allen.... I think you understand where I'm at.   

But again, just to clarify.... HUGE fan of Big Phil here and I would really hate to lose him against the Jets.  I think if we can put the same defense on the field against the Jets as we did vs the Pats,  the Jets offense WILL struggle.    Hopefully the Bills having a few extra days will also help.

I agree, I think Phillips gives the DLine unique size that we generally don’t have going back to the Kyle Williams years. 

And I agree, the postgame shows have not talked about it all.

Good thing is there were 6-days until the first practice next week from Thursday night.

Banged up Bills always gives you the scorched earth possibility of rotator cuffs and broken collar bones.

Hopefully it is a shoulder sprain, and he’s back out there. 

I assume McDermott talks to the media again Monday?

6 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Why out of curiosity?

Jones is one of the best 1 techs in the nfl, where Phillips is more of a 3 tech who can struggle against the run at times.

I think Phillips has gotten better against the run, is a big space eater, and has some surprising quick burst when there is a path to the QB.

Agree. Jones is simply playing lights out this year and its not even close with other 1 techs.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:28 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I agree, I think Phillips gives the DLine unique size that we generally don’t have going back to the Kyle Williams years. 

And I agree, the postgame shows have not talked about it all.

Good thing is there were 6-days until the first practice next week from Thursday night.

Banged up Bills always gives you the scorched earth possibility of rotator cuffs and broken collar bones.

Hopefully it is a shoulder sprain, and he’s back out there. 

I assume McDermott talks to the media again Monday?

Banged up has really crapped the bed a lot this season. I know he’s trying to make a name like Chao is but man has he been OFF. He completely misread and boggled the Josh Allen situation so now he’s trying to cover all possibilities i.e. Phillips “I didn’t really see exactly where the injury occurred, but I’ll speculate that he could be dead, might have a rotator cuff injury, or maybe a mild sprain and the shoulder harness is just playing it safe. He might be back next week, or his season could be over. We will see if he practices” Thanks “Doc”. He’s best when he describes an injury after it’s been revealed what the injury really is since his experience is as a physical therapist even though he calls himself “Doctor”. Yeah yeah I know he has a PhD but so does Jill Biden.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.