(#13) When Tyler Bass makes his next seven field goal attempts...

dollars 2 donuts

...He'll qualify for the all time NFL field goal percentage list.

If he maintains his average (86%, it would be making 6 of the next 7), then he will be the 13th most accurate field goal kicker in NFL history.

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask?q=best+field+goal+percentage+for+nfl+kickers+all-time#:~:text=Justin Tucker has the highest,a kicker%2C hitting 91.0 percent.

If he makes his next seven kicks his 87% would put him 8th.

His average the last couple of years would have him in the top 4 or so.

He has 1 more year left on his deal, so at least it is not something we have to worry about at the start of 2023.

EDIT:

By week 7 of his rookie season he was 12-17, for 70.5%.  Since then he is 68-76 and a 89.5 Field Goal Percentage.  

He has a gaudy 8.5 point per game average in his career which, if kept up this season, would supplant his own Bills record  of 141 with 144 points.  He is likely to go over 400 points this year in just 3 seasons.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

• dollars 2 donuts changed the title to (#13) When Tyler Bass makes his next seven field goal attempts...
13 minutes ago, SMAKCruiser said:

And there were many on this board who didn't want him!

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

As I said in another thread, he is the best kicker we’ve had since Christie. The peace of mind he provides is a gift some refuse to accept.

My hope is that he stays around another 10 years minimum.

As well check out the "EDIT" in the original post.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I think this is likely true but I need to see him in the postseason, on tg biggest stages nailing some long ones before I get there fully.

Well, we’re all unique in our own way, but thankfully few of us are like you. He just hit a game winning FG on the last play last week. That wasn’t enough pressure??

😮🤨

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Well, we’re all unique in our own way, but thankfully few of us are like you. He just hit a game winning FG on the last play last week. That wasn’t enough pressure??

😮🤨

Playoffs are different Chandler. We’ve both seen record SB kicks and misses.

Zero disrespect to Bass. His arrow is pointing straight up. However, SC holds a special place in my memories 

Edited by Buffalo Boy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.