Tre White Update - How did he do?

BillsfaninSB

24 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Forgive me if this was discussed at length somewhere but curious how Tre performed last night?  Only had the chance to watch the 1st half.  Did not hear his name called much.  Did he play the whole game?

He probably played at least half the game and imo was moving a LOT better than I expected him to be.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Most to the point and simple answer I can give, while White was in the game the Pats did nothing through the air and Mac Jones was running for his life.  I think White's knowledge, size, awareness, and ability to be physical without getting a flag all make him a big difference maker.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Remember when it took Tre a few weeks longer than we wanted to recover from his devastating knee injury so people here started saying he was lazily collecting money?  Good times.

It would be really cool to sit back and analyze the lives and motivations of people who post on this message board as much as they do the players. 

It would be absolutely fascinating. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

I would guess he's probably full go for the Jets game.  He'll take off the plays he usually would but won't be on a pitch count. 

Tre is one of the handful of guys on the defense he lets play 100% of snaps as long as he is healthy. There is no "Tre will play as normal and make his normal substitution's but won't have any restrictions or pitch count"

He will play 100% (or very very close to it) or he the staff will manage him. 

3 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I thought he looked pretty good. He got a lot more snaps this week and wasn't thrown at too often.

With Von out, our secondary will have to cover the receivers longer so Tre's return is crucial for our defense.

Tre at even 85% of what he was is still our best CB by a mile and it's not even close.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I thought he looked pretty good. He got a lot more snaps this week and wasn't thrown at too often.

With Von out, our secondary will have to cover the receivers longer so Tre's return is crucial for our defense.

We lost von but Rousseau came back just in time.  The man is an animal that could honestly surpass von this year even if von were healthy 

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Tre at even 85% of what he was is still our best CB by a mile and it's not even close.

Yea I don’t think the nfl world really realizes the extent to which opposing offenses were just picking on two replacement level players darned near 100% of their snaps lol Dane at cb1 and anyone not named edmunds/Milano at linebacker were huge liabilities but it looks like those days are over now that edmunds and tre are back, Rhodes is playing relatively well, and we have Klein as a depth piece at linebacker.

if the pats caught us two weeks ago that game would’ve been a whole lot closer imo 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our whole D shut down the noodle arm Mac Jones, hard to gauge Tre on this game.  But none the less, he was good and as others pointed out played 61% of the snaps.  

Very encouraging next step for him, and look forward to seeing him more next week too.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm actually curious how Rhodes played. Saw him in the game, but didn't see his name, which is usually a good thing for a defensive back 

the only time I remember thinking about Rhodes last night was when he was very upset at someone on the Patriots. didn't see why or what happened. 

57 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm actually curious how Rhodes played. Saw him in the game, but didn't see his name, which is usually a good thing for a defensive back 

He fit comfortably into the Bills defensive scheme. He was conservative, kept everything in front of him, used the sidelines and solid tackling to keep gains to a minimum. He moved well but didn't look quick, seemed to know where he was supposed to be but did not look like he was going to be a playmaker. Was not aggressive attacking the LOS on run plays but that could come with more time and confidence with the team.

I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of the 3 top CBs rotating for a while going forward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.