Bills only team in NFL with 100+ rush yards in every game this season

JerseyBills

On 12/2/2022 at 10:26 AM, JerseyBills said:

Just heard this on gmfb 

Allen is a huge reason for that but with this Motor/Cook combo and the way they complement each other, that balance is crucial for a SB run. They ran down a great rush Ds throat and I only see that combo, with Hines sprinkled in getting better as the year progresses

But this is a pretty amazing stat and I think they'll finish the year with 100+ yards per gm. Not sure if that has ever been done before 

I wish we incorporated a few jet sweeps into our ground game.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:44 PM, mushypeaches said:

Wait - I thought we were terrible at running the ball, our OL is trash, our RB are slow, and our new coordinator is clueless?

That was the general consensus by the Mafia here . I think they just give up on it way to easy instead of letting them get into a rhythm of the game . It's not like they don't have the talent ...

On 12/2/2022 at 1:50 PM, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Many individual players have finished the year with more than 100 yards per game by themselves. OJ Simpson, Derrick Henry, Eric Dickerson, etc. 

that’s an average, not necessarily getting 100 per, every game.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:44 PM, mushypeaches said:

Wait - I thought we were terrible at running the ball, our OL is trash, our RB are slow, and our new coordinator is clueless?

Take Allen out of the equation and that all looks pretty true.  The one nice thing I’ve seen of late, when the RBs touch the ball, they seem to be ripping some pretty big chunks.

On 12/2/2022 at 7:50 PM, Goin Breakdown said:

Crazy stat for a team not k own for its running attack...Allen aside. 

But Allen isn’t aside. He has nearly identical rushing yards to Singletary. He’s been the leading rusher in half their games. And the Bills don’t have a RB with a 100-yard game.

The stat is due to Allen.

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/2/2022 at 2:11 PM, JerseyBills said:

Yea exactly, 100 everygame. 

Being that it's only 12 games in and 11 games for other teams, it's probably not a common thing at all. I'm going to try to see if any team has done it for a season when I get a chance 

I'm guessing a bunch of teams have, the NFL is now a passing league but was a running league for alot of years.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Airseven said:

But Allen isn’t aside. He has nearly identical rushing yards to Singletary. He’s been the leading rusher in half their games. And the Bills don’t have a RB with a 100-yard game.

Exactly what I'm saying. Maybe I didn't say it right lol.  It yeah I was basically saying. The run game isn't very great without Allen. Although this take hasn't aged well over the last couple of weeks. Cool is cooking it seems!! Go bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/5/2022 at 10:13 PM, Airseven said:

Wanted to bump this. The streak continues,  barely , with Buf rushing for 102 yards. 

And regardless if its Allen or not, it's still a pretty great accomplishment considering we're the only team who has done it.

It's funny that Lamar doesn't get the same treatment when he's out rushing his RBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

254 today...Cook was 1 yard from the Bills having both backs go over the 100 yard mark after no Bills back went over it for 15 games.

My first live Bills game was Fred Jackson's first 100 yard game while Lynch also went for 100, so I was pulling for Cook to get that last yard.

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

And Josh has beaten another NFL franchise!

Colts

Bucs

Eagles

Cardinals

I believe are the only teams left that he hasn’t beaten. There was a thread on it but I can’t find it!

Josh beat the Colts in the wild card game two years ago.  His 96 yard drive in the last two minutes of the 1st half was legendary.  The game was very exciting if you recall w Poyer recovering a fumble late.  But the refs blew the call and gave the Colts the ball back for a couple more plays.  

5 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Josh beat the Colts in the wild card game two years ago.  His 96 yard drive in the last two minutes of the 1st half was legendary.  The game was very exciting if you recall w Poyer recovering a fumble late.  But the refs blew the call and gave the Colts the ball back for a couple more plays.  

Yup...Philip Rivers was dicing us up that game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.