Bills only team in NFL with 100+ rush yards in every game this season

JerseyBills

Just heard this on gmfb 

Allen is a huge reason for that but with this Motor/Cook combo and the way they complement each other, that balance is crucial for a SB run. They ran down a great rush Ds throat and I only see that combo, with Hines sprinkled in getting better as the year progresses

But this is a pretty amazing stat and I think they'll finish the year with 100+ yards per gm. Not sure if that has ever been done before 

Edited by JerseyBills

Lots of QBs run with the ball...Hurts with the Eagles, Jackson with the Ravens, Fields with the Bears, Mariota with the Falcons...

people want to keep discounting the fact that we can run the ball when if we want to.  The problem wasn't that we couldn't, it's always been that we haven't always wanted to, especially in the first half of seasons with Allen.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3

22 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Just heard this on gmfb 

Allen is a huge reason for that but with this Motor/Cook combo and the way they complement each other, that balance is crucial for a SB run. They ran down a great rush Ds throat and I only see that combo, with Hines sprinkled in getting better as the year progresses

But this is a pretty amazing stat and I think they'll finish the year with 100+ yards per gm. Not sure if that has ever been done before 

Many individual players have finished the year with more than 100 yards per game by themselves. OJ Simpson, Derrick Henry, Eric Dickerson, etc. 

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Many individual players have finished the year with more than 100 yards per game by themselves. OJ Simpson, Derrick Henry, Eric Dickerson, etc. 

I think he meant to say every game vs per game. I believe Barry Sanders has the record for most 100 yard games in a season, but it wasn’t every game.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think he meant to say every game vs per game. I believe Barry Sanders has the record for most 100 yard games in a season, but it wasn’t every game.

Yea exactly, 100 everygame. 

Being that it's only 12 games in and 11 games for other teams, it's probably not a common thing at all. I'm going to try to see if any team has done it for a season when I get a chance 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

Wait - I thought we were terrible at running the ball, our OL is trash, our RB are slow, and our new coordinator is clueless?

Now people will complain because we are "only" putting up 360 yards of offense since we run the ball more. Just can't win.

If we went for 600 yards every game with 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing and scored 50+ points people would find something to complain about.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Now people will complain because we are "only" putting up 360 yards of offense since we run the ball more. Just can't win.

If we went for 600 yards every game with 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing and scored 50+ points people would find something to complain about.

There's always the defense 😁

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 12/2/2022 at 1:29 PM, Big Turk said:

Lots of QBs run with the ball...Hurts with the Eagles, Jackson with the Ravens, Fields with the Bears, Mariota with the Falcons...

people want to keep discounting the fact that we can run the ball when if we want to.  The problem wasn't that we couldn't, it's always been that we haven't always wanted to, especially in the first half of seasons with Allen.

“people want to keep discounting”

I’d say all the hosts of WGR 550 are chief among those people. 

On 12/2/2022 at 1:55 PM, K-9 said:

I wonder how Barry would look running into those 6 man boxes and 2 deep zones that the Bills face every week? Instead of the 10 guys and specific game plan designed around stopping him. Just musing…

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 1

Bills running game is always going to be interesting because everyone knows that come postseason, Allen will be unleashed.  

Can’t do that week in, week out, in the regular season - hence the need to develop a reliable running game - but come playoff time Allen draws, Allen designed sweeps, Allen quicker to scramble etc.. 

Will be interesting to see if there’s less of that if we can reliably get 5 ypc out of our backs. 

Edited by SCBills

2 hours ago, vincec said:

I wonder how Barry would look running into those 6 man boxes and 2 deep zones that the Bills face every week? Instead of the 10 guys and specific game plan designed around stopping. Just musing…

I suspect he’d look damn good.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.