Major difference between yesterday and previous four games

Italian Bills

4 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

In my opinion the major change i saw it was the composure, the calm, the balance and Josh’s look.

Do they maybe finally found the confidence again ?

It would be huge !

Agreed. Allen's confidence may come from the elbow feeling better.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Alrighty, then.  Welcome to the board, Mr. Bezos!

read my edited response.  Amazon charges because the NFL charges them.  The NFL charges them so the owners make money.  The players get paid big contracts to play.  

and I wish I was smart enough to do what Bezos did.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, Scott7975 said:

read my edited response.  Amazon charges because the NFL charges them.  The NFL charges them so the owners make money.  The players get paid big contracts to play.  

I get it, man.  But I'm not about to bust someone's balls for not wanting to pay $9 to watch a football game.  The rich get richer ... NFL, Amazon, players ... and we're left paying to watch games on TV and paying hundreds of dollars to see a game live.

I'm for the little guy.

Weeks 1-2, we were clicking on all cylinders.  Both sides of the ball.

Week 3 the injuries started.  The defense wasn't quite as dominant.  The offense started getting predictable and playing streaky.  

After the bye, I think things started catching up to us.  First the defense started getting gashed by the run (Packers).  When we started focusing more on stopping the rush, the pass defense started failing (Vikings).  On the other side, our opponents began catching up to Ken Dorsey's schemes.  In turn, Josh Allen was clearly forcing the ball and trying to do too much, leading to turnovers.

Hopefully last night was a sign of the Bills turning the corner.  The defense is almost healthy, and looked rejuvenated.  Dorsey threw some nice wrinkles and had the Patriots off balance.  Allen was a little more careful with the ball (still some work here).

Biggest difference was Josh's back to back drives nearly throwing a pick into double, then quadruple coverage, were both somehow dropped.

Then the Pats scored 0 points off his fumble (not really his fault imo though, pressure was there instantly). 

I know, it's a bit of a negative post, but he's not "back to old Josh" just yet.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I think you are tight. 

In which way are we talkin', here?  Everyone knows I'm cheap, but I'm not sure what else you might have heard.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

If that was/is the case and it ever came out the Bills be in soooo much trouble!  Your at the top or near the top of the mountain so the punishment will NOT fit the crime.. 

Well ain't this cute?  A Patriots fan telling me how bad it would be if the Bills bent the rules.  Bless your little heart!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The main takeaway was their effectiveness in the red zone. They’ve been pretty bad all year, and I’d guess it’s one of the few common threads that tie together all their losses.

And I don’t think it’s simply a matter of variance that they had a good game in the red zone. They’ve obviously shifted philosophy to incorporate the run more (overall, but also in the red zone) and while sometimes not extremely effective from a pure “yardage-on-a-particular-play” perspective, I do have hope that their successes are at least partially due to the finally-real THREAT of a run in the most congested part of the field, which might open up their uncreative red zone passing game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In which way are we talkin', here?  Everyone knows I'm cheap, but I'm not sure what else you might have heard.

Well ain't this cute?  A Patriots fan telling me how bad it would be if the Bills bent the rules.  Bless your little heart!

About the concussion. Ppl hate the poor's around here lol

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I get it, man.  But I'm not about to bust someone's balls for not wanting to pay $9 to watch a football game.  The rich get richer ... NFL, Amazon, players ... and we're left paying to watch games on TV and paying hundreds of dollars to see a game live.

I'm for the little guy.

yeah I get that. I’m for the little guy too. I just don’t think 9 bucks is a big ask to watch a specific football game. You pay more for a Big Mac meal nowadays. If I lived out of market I would love to be able to pay for just Bills games. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I know it's an unpopular/controversial opinion, but I do believe Josh Allen had been playing concussed since the Green Bay game and that he's finally cleared the cobwebs. 

OMG, please give it up with this. 

He played concussed for for 4 1/2 games and not one Bills representative noticed anything and had him put into protocol?

Logically, does that make any sense?

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

I really agree with that. One of the best aspect of Brady was that he threw very fast, many short throws. Doing that he was always very accurate and was sacked very few times. 

This is true. I never liked NE & Brady but he could throw into tight windows better than most QB's

I was on their case the last four games, wins or no.  I thought they looked sloppy and unimaginative.  I still stand by that.

That being said, they looked like a different team yesterday.  Imaginative and balanced playcalling and adjustments.  Davis played well.  His few misses were bad passes, rather then stone hands and he fielded the onside kick perfectly.

I feel the prior two weeks we won in spite of ourselves.  Yesterday was a solid win, a bit of return to form and restored my confidence in this team.

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

They looked dominant and in control the whole game.  

Pats needed a wrinkle play to get a TD.  

Interesting that we came into the game looking to blitz.  Pats expected that.  We got beat.  Then we were just like oh.. we can just get pressure with four = game over. 

On offense, Allen looked composed and the run game slowed down their pass rush.  

As usual, only we stopped ourselves. Up 10 and then like the Jets/Vikings games, went multiple drives begging the opponent to get back into the game.  Sweeney holding, Quessenberry smoked for a fumble and Diggs drop on next drive.   This is the difference between rolling the Titans and losing the Jets/Vikings games. Luckily our defense dominated and it never tightened up, allowing the O to finally get the kill shot drive. 

It is crazy how just a few plays sprinkled throughout the game can dictate whether or not its a blow-out or a nail biter. 

9 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

IMO the Bills need either A. Get the O line healthy or B. Need do roll out with Allen. Last night he got hit HARD a lot. I know most here will just go “he is Allen he can take it” which is mostly true! But NO QB can stay healthy getting hit like that and so often.  

And a few of those hits came late. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.