Major difference between yesterday and previous four games

Italian Bills

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

In my opinion the major change i saw it was the composure, the calm, the balance and Josh’s look.

Do they maybe finally found the confidence again ?

It would be huge !

Agree. I think maybe the elbow is feeling better. He had his first full week of practice in a few weeks. Add in a good run game too. Now, let's get Dawkins back soon please.  

45 minutes ago, Direhard Fan said:

To bad some of us could not watch the game because we do not have Amazon Prime.  What is the NFL doing other than greed for us fans.

You can get Amazon prime video for 8.99 a month and cancel anytime.  You could have watched the game for 9 bucks.  Thats a pretty small price to pay for a premium product.  It cost Amazon 1 billion per year to have the rights to stream one game a week.  I think you can pay 9 bucks.

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You can get Amazon prime video for 8.99 a month and cancel anytime.  You could have watched the game for 9 bucks.  Thats a pretty small price to pay for a premium product.  It cost Amazon 1 billion per year to have the rights to stream one game a week.  I think you can pay 9 bucks.

You're siding with Amazon on this one, eh?

Amazon made $469.822B in 2021.

I think they can do without the 9 bucks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Italian Bills said:

In my opinion the major change i saw it was the composure, the calm, the balance and Josh’s look.

Do they maybe finally found the confidence again ?

It would be huge !

I think his injury was more severe than they played it out as and yesterday was the first game where he looked close to normal again. These 11 days off are HUGE. 

Edited by Awwufelloff

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

IMO the Bills need either A. Get the O line healthy or B. Need do roll out with Allen. Last night he got hit HARD a lot. I know most here will just go “he is Allen he can take it” which is mostly true! But NO QB can stay healthy getting hit like that and so often.  

Allen loves the contact and physicality of football.  He thrives on it.  That run for the end zone on the last TD drive when he took off from the 8 yard line but had a bad angle to get in.  He lowered his shoulder into the contact at the one yard line.  That was a great play.  This is the QB we have.  He is a big physical guy.  And loves to play that way.  He may get hurt at times.  But he isn't changing nor should he.  That's what makes him special.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

They looked dominant and in control the whole game.  

Pats needed a wrinkle play to get a TD.  

Interesting that we came into the game looking to blitz.  Pats expected that.  We got beat.  Then we were just like oh.. we can just get pressure with four = game over. 

On offense, Allen looked composed and the run game slowed down their pass rush.  

As usual, only we stopped ourselves. Up 10 and then like the Jets/Vikings games, went multiple drives begging the opponent to get back into the game.  Sweeney holding, Quessenberry smoked for a fumble and Diggs drop on next drive.   This is the difference between rolling the Titans and losing the Jets/Vikings games. Luckily our defense dominated and it never tightened up, allowing the O to finally get the kill shot drive. 

Good analysis of the game.  One take from that.  Sweeney and Quessenberry really have no business being on an NFL football field.  We could definitely upgrade our depth at OT and TE.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’s a Catch 22. Brady’s made a career out of releasing the ball early. He hasn’t always had the best OLine. Josh will learn that skill, but unfortunately it may take a nasty hit for him to do it. Last night there multiple plays where he could’ve dumped it down to RB or TE. They were wide open. But so far, thank goodness, he’s getting away with it.

I really agree with that. One of the best aspect of Brady was that he threw very fast, many short throws. Doing that he was always very accurate and was sacked very few times. 

5 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I really agree with that. One of the best aspect of Brady was that he threw very fast, many short throws. Doing that he was always very accurate and was sacked very few times. 

He’s a true master at it. Most games they don’t even have to wash his uniform. I’m absolutely certain it’s super frustrating for the defense. 

54 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The offense was different.  We had some new wrinkles and ran the ball down their throat.  That’s not more of the same.  

That being said, our defense big-boyed a bad offense so nobody seems concerned that - yet again - we went multiple drives d**king around up two scores and the ability to end the game.

The kill shot came on the long drive, but it was the same garbage we saw against the Jets and Vikings that allowed them

back into a game we ended up losing. 

Dumb penalties, poor execution, drops etc.. 

Not going to harp on it because we were just 10x better than the Pats, but the Bills stay being the only team that can slow down the Bills. 

While it surely would have been great to have put the game away earlier, we need to have some perspecitve.  NFL teams, even good ones, typically punt a few times a game.  They also kick field goals.  We've been treated to historic offense in many games where the Bills don't punt and/or score a TD on almost every drive, such that we are spoiled and losing perspective.  Plus, the Pats have one of the top defenses in the league.  So, if we had a few stalled drives and had to punt against a team that has one of the top defenses in the league, it isn't cause for concern.  From the point they went up 10-7, the Bills had the game well in hand.

Edited by msw2112

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

They certainly gained confidence in being able to have slow, long, time consuming drives.  I think this will be huge against Miami as it will certainly make them be more urgent when they have the ball.  That is going to force Tua to make some throws and perhaps take some shots that he doesn't want to take, which could lead to turnovers.  A typical Buffalo December day when the Dolphins come to town and the Bills ability to have long drives could make for a disastrous day for Miami

The long  time consuming drives let our defensive players all get rested between series and easier to play if you aren't winded or worn out from being on field forever.  Yes NE has a good defense but any defense will suffer without adequate rest and ability to analyze what's working and not between defensive players.  

My take is the Buffalo offense ran the ball much more with Cooks, Singletary and that took so much pressure off the QB to carry the team.

But yea, resting and practice did wonders for the team going forward. 

They won without Dawkins and Von! The defense looked amazing with Edmunds and Tre back. 

Stopping that vaunted Patriots run game with holding Stevenson down like they did was also great. It took a missed tackle and trick play to get a NE TD. 

Funny, Jones was smoked the remainder of the night. His nickname should be "toast". 

There are a ton of good posts here.   Great stuff.  And honestly, I think it's all of the above.  

I think Edmunds and White being back made a big difference on defense.   They and Poyer seemed to settle everything down in the backfield.   They needed Rousseau back just to help make up for the loss of Miller. 

Interesting theory about Josh getting his brains scrambled.  

Yes, I think Dorsey is learning.  Third and one late in the game, Josh hit Diggs with a quick mini-post for the first down.   Finally, a solution for short yardage.   And they had a real commitment to running, and a commitment to getting touches for Cook.  That's on film now, and teams have to prepare for it. 

I was worried going into the game, because they hadn't been playing well and because you knew Belichick would be prepared.  What we saw was what I had hoped for:  a team totally committed to winning December football games.  Whatever it takes, find a way.   After the game Allen mention "playoff caliber."   That's not so much a reference to the quality of play as it is a reference to the intensity level necessary to win in December, January, February.  

This reminds me of Hamlin's play.   I thought it was a great play.   First, absolutely no question it was a penalty, and as the league wants to play, it absolutely deserved in ejection.   But at that moment, it was a major play.  It stopped a touchdown, and ultimately saved three points.   It also forced the Patriots to run more time off the clock before they got the field goal.   I have no idea whether Hamlin knew he'd get flagged and did it anyway, or if he thought he was making a clean play.   Either way, losing him for a couple more plays was worth it to save the touchdown and run the clock.  Point is, Hamlin played that play like Patriots were threatening burn down his parents' house.   I think he showed the attitude that the Bills try to play with at this time of year, and it's what makes them such a tough out.   

Just like last season, I think we've gotten to the time of year when no one wants to play the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

He’s a true master at it. Most games they don’t even have to wash his uniform. I’m absolutely certain it’s super frustrating for the defense. 

Exactly. Just think that this was with Brady that has always been like a statue out there. 

This thing of playing more short routes i was saying it since last year. 

If we keep on mixing well pass and run game and play many fast and short throws, we can really become almost unstoppable. Minimizing turnovers also. 

Add to this Tre back, Von back soon too and watch out there. 

49 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Allen loves the contact and physicality of football.  He thrives on it.  That run for the end zone on the last TD drive when he took off from the 8 yard line but had a bad angle to get in.  He lowered his shoulder into the contact at the one yard line.  That was a great play.  This is the QB we have.  He is a big physical guy.  And loves to play that way.  He may get hurt at times.  But he isn't changing nor should he.  That's what makes him special.  

Good analysis of the game.  One take from that.  Sweeney and Quessenberry really have no business being on an NFL football field.  We could definitely upgrade our depth at OT and TE.  

That’s not a survivable long term way to play QB. Like I said I knew I’d hear “this id

s football, and Allen is Tough” which is true but so was Cam Newton. Look how short his career ended up being before injuries took their toll? He played the same way as Allen only difference is Allen a much better passer than Newton ever was. 

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

The offense was different.  We had some new wrinkles and ran the ball down their throat.  That’s not more of the same.  

That being said, our defense big-boyed a bad offense so nobody seems concerned that - yet again - we went multiple drives d**king around up two scores and the ability to end the game.

The kill shot came on the long drive, but it was the same garbage we saw against the Jets and Vikings that allowed them

back into a game we ended up losing. 

Dumb penalties, poor execution, drops etc.. 

Not going to harp on it because we were just 10x better than the Pats, but the Bills stay being the only team that can slow down the Bills. 

You expect too much out of an offense.  NE is one of the best defenses in the league.  You seem to expect the Bills to score every drive.  Thats not common even for KC.  The Bills had 8 real drives. They scored on 4 of them.  One of the drives was simply a clock killing drive in the 4th quarter.  Removing the clock killing drive they scored on 4 of 7 drives.  3 of those were TDs.  3 for 3 in redzone and NE is one of the best in th red zone.  Thats pretty damn good against a top defense. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

You're siding with Amazon on this one, eh?

Amazon made $469.822B in 2021.

I think they can do without the 9 bucks.

Yeah actually I am.  Businesses dont make money by spending a billion dollars and giving it away for free.  I dont care how much they made.  They exist to make money not lose it.

How far down the chain do you want to go?  Amazon should spend a billion to the NFL to give it away for free?  The NFL should not charge Amazon because they are a billion dollar company?   The owners shouldnt make money from TV revenue?  The players should play for free?

Edited by Scott7975

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah actually I am.  Businesses dont make money by spending a billion dollars and giving it away for free.  I dont care how much they made.  They exist to make money not lose it.

Alrighty, then.  Welcome to the board, Mr. Bezos!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.