“Lapping the Field” Sunday

SoCal Deek

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Boom! Exactly. Can’t ask for better than that except for maybe the Ravens over the stupid Broncos.

Its really rare that you get that kind of opportunity to lap the field in the NFL….but the schedule Gods smiled on WNY today.

Go Bills! 

Deek -  Unbelievable post from a few days ago!   I was pumped for the games today, and the outcomes were amazing!   With thanks to you, I'm working on a Rockpile Review about the parlay.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/3/2022 at 2:47 AM, ganesh said:

The interesting part is that the teams that we want to lose are ALL on the road and playing tough teams.  A win for them is not a given.  All of them except the Chargers could lose on Sunday.

tenor.gif

On 12/2/2022 at 7:09 PM, SoCal Deek said:

Miami's remaining schedule isn't all that tough...after Sunday away at the 49ers.

LA Chargers (A)

Buffalo (A)...this one of course

Green Bay (H)

New England (A)

NY Jets (H)

But....on any given Sunday

I think they lose their next two, at the least. And, that last game is setting up to be a "win, or go home" game for both teams.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:35 PM, Shaw66 said:

That's pretty amazing, that all the teams the Bills care about have tough games on the road.  

We can probably expect that two games will go our way, and three's possible.  Four would be great.  Only an idiot would bet on a five-game parlay.   Of course, I might fall into the idiot category.  

I hope for your sake, you were an idiot!

On 12/2/2022 at 11:13 AM, SoCal Deek said:

With the Bills having taken care of their own business last night, we turn our attention to the rest of the AFC contenders, all of whom play on Sunday this week. I don’t recall a weekend where the schedule lines up quite as nicely as it does for the Bills…at least on paper anyway. All of the contenders (with the exception of Baltimore) are playing difficult road games. All are underdogs except the Chiefs who are barely favored in Cincinnati. 

Jets at Vikings

Titans at Eagles

Dolphins at 49ers

Chiefs at Bengals

Chargers at Raiders

Could the Bills ‘lap the field’? Let’s hope so! 

I’m not sure pulling into a tie is lapping the field but I’ll take it no doubt 

8 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

@SoCal Deek, how much did you win on the parlay?

Funny you mention that. My pastor is a sports nut. He’s fixated on fantasy football and every year I tell him it ‘devil worship’ because I’d have to root against the Bills players now and then. 😉

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’m not sure pulling into a tie is lapping the field but I’ll take it no doubt 

The term ‘lapping the field’ refers to picking up a lap on all the other competitors in a race. The Bills did exactly that on Sunday, with the exception of the Ravens who stumbled into a win against the hapless Broncos. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The term ‘lapping the field’ refers to picking up a lap on all the other competitors in a race. The Bills did exactly that on Sunday, with the exception of the Ravens who stumbled into a win against the hapless Broncos. 

Losing to the Broncos would have been great, but if they are without Lamar for awhile, they'll likely suffer the same fate as last year.

Just now, Doc said:

Losing to the Broncos would have been great, but if they are without Lamar for awhile, they'll likely suffer the same fate as last year.

The real story of that game has to be the complete implosion of the Broncos, who were considered preseason darlings based on the acquisition of Russel Wilson. A really incredible collapse. I don’t follow league wide chatter but somebody has to be getting fired there…no? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.