When will the doubters learn? First NFL team to win 3 road games in 12 days…

eball

On 12/2/2022 at 12:18 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

You act like these guys had to dig their own walkways to the airport and got in just before game time. :lol:   They got picked up at or near their homes and took a puddle jump flight to play an inferior opponent in a climate controlled environment.     The biggest issue was that they were still in their midseason malaise.........which is on them.    They played down to their opponent in both of those Detroit games.    Last night they were much healthier started to get back on track but still aren't executing at a high level offensively again.   

Spoken like a guy who's got no idea what he's talking about at all. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, foreboding said:

Spoken like a guy who's got no idea what he's talking about at all. 

Are you another one of our resident douchebags who can't make it professionally in Buffalo so they live down south........but still want to tell me about how hard snow removal is?  ;)

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Are you another one of our resident douchebags who can't make it professionally in Buffalo so they live down south........but still want to tell me about how hard snow removal is?  ;)

Where I currently live is irrelevant.

But I do think you've done us the useful service of making it clear who you are.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, FrenchConnection said:

But Greg Cossell said that we lack talent on offense...

Here's what he said, it's a pretty spot on assessment. Think think board has shared this opinion for the most part too...

"I think we've become a little enamored with the fact that Allen is so special as a talent, that we lose sight of the fact that this team does not have a real good OL," Cosell said. "They don't have a consistent run game, which they're trying to develop. And really, they have one real good receiver and then a bunch of other guys."

He concluded that the Bills are too reliant on Allen carrying the team to victory.

"It's not a super-talented offense," he added. "It's built around Josh Allen being special every single game, and that's hard to play that way."

On 12/3/2022 at 12:57 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Claiming that the expectations were "placed" on them implies that they didn't expect more from themselves.

The team realized that they blew it last year while playing an easy/favorable schedule while dealing with very few injuries and then ending teets-up in Arrowhead again.

Their stated goal from the outset was to actually achieve home field this time around.   It wasn't lip service.    They just lost their focus at mid-season again and now they don't control their own destiny in that regard.    

This aged well 

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 12/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, Jerome007 said:

I'm all aboard the Bills wagon, always have been, but I did chuckle at this one. How many teams have PLAYED 3 Thursday games in a season?

That got me thinking.  With the way the league rotates the normal TNF schedule (i.e., every team has to play at least one, and usually no more than one), the only other opportunities to play on Thursdays are the season opener and Thanksgiving.  You have to be good to play in the opener and a big draw to play on Thanksgiving (unless you're the Lions).  I would bet only a handful of teams have played three Thursday games in one season.  New England is probably one.

Just now, BRH said:

That got me thinking.  With the way the league rotates the normal TNF schedule (i.e., every team has to play at least one, and usually no more than one), the only other opportunities to play on Thursdays are the season opener and Thanksgiving.  You have to be good to play in the opener and a big draw to play on Thanksgiving (unless you're the Lions).  I would bet only a handful of teams have played three Thursday games in one season.  New England is probably one.  Pittsburgh might be another.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.