When will the doubters learn? First NFL team to win 3 road games in 12 days…

eball

8 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Anderson? Does he pass the "I've heard of him" test?

8 hours ago, hemma said:

UCLA UDFA Rookie.  Looked good throughout preseason. 

Well if we learned anything over the years with Da’Rick, Reilly, this year’s HOF Blackshear is that looking good in preseason is a great indicator of how good someone will be during the regular season!!!

4 hours ago, eball said:

Says a guy who has NO idea what it takes. You’re a 🤡 

I don't know what it takes to quit my season tickets because the Bills hired an unproven DC from Carolina to be their next HC?   To create fan-shaming LAMP's on TSW while day drinking box wine and peanut butter whiskey because of my guilt over hastily withdrawing my financial support of the franchise?    You definitely know better than me what it takes to do those things.  :beer:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You do realize that almost every team that plays on a Thursday is playing their 3rd game in 12 days.........Sunday to Sunday to Thursday = 12.  

I don't know if the person who ginned that up was just trolling Bills fans but it's funny how many people ran with it. :lol:

Correct but this was Sunday to Thursday to Thursday 😉 totally different 🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You do realize that almost every team that plays on a Thursday is playing their 3rd game in 12 days.........Sunday to Sunday to Thursday = 12.  

I don't know if the person who ginned that up was just trolling Bills fans but it's funny how many people ran with it. :lol:

How many of them play 3 games on the road in 12 days?  I thought being on the road through those 3 games was the thing.  Not an easy thing to do no matter how you look at it for any team though.

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

How many of them play 3 games on the road in 12 days?  I thought being on the road through those 3 games was the thing.  Not an easy thing to do no matter how you look at it for any team though.

Not easy?   I was debating the "unprecedented" nature of the adversity and now I'm accused of saying it was "easy"? :lol:

To paraphrase Dick Jauron......"it's not easy to win in the NFL".

And despite it not being easy........when you've already lost several games you were heavy favorites in...........you then gotta' win the rest of the games you are supposed to against very flawed opponents like 2022 versions of Cleveland/Detroit/NE if you want to be the top seed in your conference.   

To illustrate that point........in the last 20 years only one NFL team in EITHER conference has earned that #1 seed distinction with a sub .750 win %........and that was the Titans last year.    

The standard is clearly higher than "not easy".

14 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I didn't watch Quessenbery all night long, but I don't think I've seen a lineman be so completely ineffective on a whole series of plays as he was last night.   It's amazing that the Pats couldn't find a way to take better advantage.  It did truly seem like 10 on 11.  

All true but the guy was hurt. Hart got a couple snaps but Q gave it his best. Bills ran and essentially ran clock. I suspect if DD comes back Bills now have run game along with JA having time. That is good news. If DD is out no so good. 

20 hours ago, eball said:

Go ahead, start “homer-shaming” me…but you all know who you are.  “This is wrong, that is wrong, the Bills don’t scare anyone, the offense doesn’t have talent beyond Allen/Diggs, the D stinks, the coaching is suspect, blah, blah, blah…”

Three road wins.  12 days.  A blizzard.  Injuries.  Doubters.

Can’t wait for the “there’s no way we’ll slow down Miami’s speed” threads next week.

Suck it. I love this team.

17 and 3, BABY!!!

It is also showing the high expectations placed on this team from both the fans and the media. 

If you look carefully and ignore the emotions of a message board (post-game meltdown) a majority of the doubters are still in the media.  Even yesterday, I was watching a YouTube video of Keyshawn Johnson dissing out how the Patriots made all the silly errors and that it was nothing to do with the Bills defense playing lights out.   There are bigger homers of the Patriots, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys and now the Dolphins in the media than for the Bills and that is how it goes. 

The Bills can shut all these nonsense talk by winning the next two games at home against the Division rivals.

1 hour ago, QLBillsFan said:

All true but the guy was hurt. Hart got a couple snaps but Q gave it his best. Bills ran and essentially ran clock. I suspect if DD comes back Bills now have run game along with JA having time. That is good news. If DD is out no so good. 

Beane really needs to spend some quality draft picks on OL to protect Josh Allen.

14 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Yeah, you’re all bark and like to hear yourself do so, that’s clear.

Do yourself a favor then and put me on the ignore list so you'll never have to worry about it again.

Problem solved.

Edited by Big Turk

7 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

I wasn't complaining about Q.  He did what I could, but it's not often that you see an offensive lineman whiff on blocks over and over.   My comment was more about the fact that Pats didn't attack him more.   I was surprised the Bills didn't just go with Hart.  

One thing I really didn't notice was how Q did in the run game.  I would guess that his problem was moving laterally, but that in the run game a lot of his assignments were moving forward and he could do that okay.  

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Its a fair point.  But when the gauntlet is led by Jacoby Brisset, Jared Goff and Mac Jones the odds of winning the three road games is probably higher.  

I also suspect the NFL never or almost never schedules three road games in a row ending with a Thursday night game. 

Edited by Chaos

On 12/2/2022 at 8:22 AM, hemma said:

Quesenberry could barely stand up, let alone block.

If Dawkins & Quesenberry are both out next week because of the current ankle plague, I hope they promote Alec Andersen from the PS.  He moves his feet well enough + has good balance.

Come on to OL Alec. Water feels great.

image.png.a080d8f006cef10869715e7c0c3b5a8d.png

On 12/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, Jerome007 said:

I'm all aboard the Bills wagon, always have been, but I did chuckle at this one. How many teams have PLAYED 3 Thursday games in a season?

Still I like it, and 3 wins in 12 days and a blizzard IS quite impressive. 

Who would have thought though that the AFC East would be so competitive? Even at 9-3 it's not that comfortable. 

Has anyone use playoff predictor to determine if it possible for the AFCE to get all of the wild cards?

Part of the reason why AFCE is doing so well Bills are facing the NFC North with one good team (although Lions look like they are getting better). 

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Has anyone use playoff predictor to determine if it possible for the AFCE to get all of the wild cards?

Part of the reason why AFCE is doing so well Bills are facing the NFC North with one good team (although Lions look like they are getting better). 

It is possible. Here is one scenario (there are many)

image.thumb.png.1813a2c40ff9dc9255c79217a58290d7.png

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Not easy?   I was debating the "unprecedented" nature of the adversity and now I'm accused of saying it was "easy"? :lol:

To paraphrase Dick Jauron......"it's not easy to win in the NFL".

And despite it not being easy........when you've already lost several games you were heavy favorites in...........you then gotta' win the rest of the games you are supposed to against very flawed opponents like 2022 versions of Cleveland/Detroit/NE if you want to be the top seed in your conference.   

To illustrate that point........in the last 20 years only one NFL team in EITHER conference has earned that #1 seed distinction with a sub .750 win %........and that was the Titans last year.    

The standard is clearly higher than "not easy".

I didnt accuse you of anything.  

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I didnt accuse you of anything.  

Yeah I didn't think you intended to,  but since that's the way it read...........and since this is the internet.........I gotta' make it clear that I never said it was easy.      

Otherwise people who didn't read the first 3 pages jump in and start demanding that I explain how it was so easy.  :lol:

The OP crafted it like this was some herculean task for a SB contending team..........it wasn't.  

Frankly...........just one trip to Europe sandwiched between 2 other Sunday games would have been more challenging than a couple puddle jumps to Detroit and a quickie to Boston.     

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ganesh said:

It is also showing the high expectations placed on this team from both the fans and the media. 

Claiming that the expectations were "placed" on them implies that they didn't expect more from themselves.

The team realized that they blew it last year while playing an easy/favorable schedule while dealing with very few injuries and then ending teets-up in Arrowhead again.

Their stated goal from the outset was to actually achieve home field this time around.   It wasn't lip service.    They just lost their focus at mid-season again and now they don't control their own destiny in that regard.    

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.