When will the doubters learn? First NFL team to win 3 road games in 12 days…

eball

2 hours ago, hemma said:

Quesenberry could barely stand up, let alone block.

If Dawkins & Quesenberry are both out next week because of the current ankle plague, I hope they promote Alec Andersen from the PS.  He moves his feet well enough + has good balance.

Remembering the talk I heard on OBL during camp , he projects as a Guard and was given a lot of praise, specifically at RG. In this scenario, I would line up Brown at LT, moves Bates out and put Anderson at RG.

2 hours ago, hemma said:

Our offense just beat a supposedly superior defense with what essentially was 10 players.

You win an away game by 14, when playing 10 on 11, you’re about to go on a run.

I didn't watch Quessenbery all night long, but I don't think I've seen a lineman be so completely ineffective on a whole series of plays as he was last night.   It's amazing that the Pats couldn't find a way to take better advantage.  It did truly seem like 10 on 11.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, eball said:

Go ahead, start “homer-shaming” me…but you all know who you are.  “This is wrong, that is wrong, the Bills don’t scare anyone, the offense doesn’t have talent beyond Allen/Diggs, the D stinks, the coaching is suspect, blah, blah, blah…”

Three road wins.  12 days.  A blizzard.  Injuries.  Doubters.

Can’t wait for the “there’s no way we’ll slow down Miami’s speed” threads next week.

Suck it. I love this team.

17 and 3, BABY!!!

At least you admit to “homer posting”. 😂

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You do realize that almost every team that plays on a Thursday is playing their 3rd game in 12 days.........Sunday to Sunday to Thursday = 12.  

I don't know if the person who ginned that up was just trolling Bills fans but it's funny how many people ran with it. :lol:

Also, technically not a "road" game vs cle since we were the home team even though we didn't play at home. 

Is the Super Bowl considered an away/road game?

3 hours ago, hemma said:

Quesenberry could barely stand up, let alone block.

If Dawkins & Quesenberry are both out next week because of the current ankle plague, I hope they promote Alec Andersen from the PS.  He moves his feet well enough + has good balance.

Don't forget although it is probably to soon but Ike is back in the building so hopefully if he gets back to near 100% that will be a plus for the O line depth he was playing well last year & could probably help if needed .

Quess definitely gutted it out last night !!

Edited by T master

55 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Also, technically not a "road" game vs cle since we were the home team even though we didn't play at home. 

Is the Super Bowl considered an away/road game?

Yeah if it's a road game for the opponent as well........it's not a road game..........it's a neutral site game.........like the Super Bowl.

And the flight to Detroit is like 40 minutes.   To Boston is like an hour.   The travel aspect was insignificant.

In fact, they got two controlled environment games during flu season and a pleasant evening weather game in New England.

The hyperbole is out of control.    If they had lost any of those games it would have been a huge disappointment.

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

“So the excuses the Bills are somehow more injured than every other team needs to stop.”

Recognize this?

It’s pretty funny to me that the first game we have a similar amount of injuries compared to other teams is a blowout road win against a division rival.  It’s almost like having an absurd amount of injuries does matter lol

5 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

Also the first team to win 3 Thursday night games in a season. But hey we are 9-3 and lucky if we make the playoffs, just ask around, they will tell you.

I believe it's the first team in NFL history to win all 3 Thanksgiving day time slot games.  They added the 3rd time slot in 2006 so only teams from 2006 onward are used to get that record.  Now I'm sure there are a number of teams who haven't played each timeslot of Thanksgiving day games, so this is one more a fun fact than a record.  Just my opinion can't have a record category if not all teams can qualify to set the record.  It's surprising that Detroit or Dallas haven't been first teams to accomplish it as they play every Thanksgiving day.  

Edit:   Yea it's also only team to win 3 Thursday night games in a season.  I had forgotten the Rams  nfl kickoff game was on Thursday night as well.

Edited by AuntieEm

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You do realize that almost every team that plays on a Thursday is playing their 3rd game in 12 days.........Sunday to Sunday to Thursday = 12.  

I don't know if the person who ginned that up was just trolling Bills fans but it's funny how many people ran with it. :lol:

True, but a couple of key differences. Those teams typically have full practice weeks before games 1-2. The Bills had two practices. And second, all three were on the road. 

It’s a big deal. 

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah if it's a road game for the opponent as well........it's not a road game..........it's a neutral site game.........like the Super Bowl.

And the flight to Detroit is like 40 minutes.   To Boston is like an hour.   The travel aspect was insignificant.

In fact, they got two controlled environment games during flu season and a pleasant evening weather game in New England.

The hyperbole is out of control.    If they had lost any of those games it would have been a huge disappointment.

The travel aspect was insignificant?  Haha they had to get shoveled out of 6 feet of snow to even make it to the flight 😂 and they had to cancel practices leading up to it.  

that’s the big thing for me, bills hardly practiced the first two games of that 3 game stretch. It’s not really about nitpicking over what’s a road game and what’s not imo 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, eball said:

True, but a couple of key differences. Those teams typically have full practice weeks before games 1-2. The Bills had two practices. And second, all three were on the road. 

It’s a big deal. 

Why are you even bothering with this guy?

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

It’s a big deal. 

So we have negotiated it down from "unprecedented" to "a big deal"?  :lol:

If there was even one game in that batch where they weren't a significant favorite to win.........then it might have been "a big deal".

They were actually fortunate that they got these 3 overmatched opponents at the tail end of their annual mid-season malaise.    Allen versus Goff/Brissett/Mack10 should be 3-0 every time.

They took care of business and didn't let missing a couple practices lead to an upset loss after being upset in two consecutive games.........that's the reality.

• Eyeroll 2

18 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The travel aspect was insignificant?  Haha they had to get shoveled out of 6 feet of snow to even make it to the flight 😂 and they had to cancel practices leading up to it.  

that’s the big thing for me, bills hardly practiced the first two games of that 3 game stretch. It’s not really about nitpicking over what’s a road game and what’s not imo 

You act like these guys had to dig their own walkways to the airport and got in just before game time. :lol:   They got picked up at or near their homes and took a puddle jump flight to play an inferior opponent in a climate controlled environment.     The biggest issue was that they were still in their midseason malaise.........which is on them.    They played down to their opponent in both of those Detroit games.    Last night they were much healthier started to get back on track but still aren't executing at a high level offensively again.   

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So we have negotiated it down from "unprecedented" to "a big deal"?  :lol:

If there was even one game in that batch where they weren't a significant favorite to win.........then it might have been "a big deal".

They were actually fortunate that they got these 3 overmatched opponents at the tail end of their annual mid-season malaise.    Allen versus Goff/Brissett/Mack10 should be 3-0 every time.

They took care of business and didn't let missing a couple practices lead to an upset loss after being upset in two consecutive games.........that's the reality.

Says a guy who has NO idea what it takes. You’re a 🤡 

• Like (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You act like these guys had to dig their own walkways to the airport and got in just before game time. :lol:   They got picked up at or near their homes and took a puddle jump flight to play an inferior opponent in a climate controlled environment.     The biggest issue was that they were still in their midseason malaise.........which is on them.    They played down to their opponent in both of those Detroit games.    Last night they were much healthier started to get back on track but still aren't executing at a high level offensively again.   

I literally said the main problem was they weren’t able to practice and you ignored it completely but ok 😂

I also think that just because the flight was short it doesn’t mean the situation wasn’t logistically difficult/a minor distraction but that was a secondary point.  

they were missing lots of key players for that two game stretch and found a way to win which sounds like a point you kind of agree with from your last two sentences.  I feel like you’re just lookin an excuse to use the word malaise a bunch of times haha 

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I literally said the main problem was they weren’t able to practice and you ignored it completely but ok 😂

Because here's your quote:

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

1. Because practices have nothing whatsoever to do with them traveling to Detroit.   Were they too over-rested from not practicing a couple days before to nap on the 40 minute flight?  

2. And "they had to get shoveled out" by some other people is of what great consequence to their ability to play a game that they arrived the day before to play?

As I said........the exaggeration by some of you mother hens is priceless.  :lol: 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.