OL Pass blocking was terrible times vs. NE & Drops - But a comfortable win

Billsfan1972

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Really? He wasn’t last year and this year he has more O talent around him. Sorry but very bad is Wilson, and Young.. he is ok and shown flashes of being very good.

So if has more offensive talent around him and is playing as bad he is, how good am I actually supposed to believe he is then? You can blame the play calling all you want he wasn't good last night and hasn't been this season.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

My god you are the biggest cherry picker the world has ever seen.  It's unreal and you wonder why you are so often criticized.  It's you...it's not the several people on here that are always wrong.  It's you.

What  with you?????

You asked a question as to how many points NE scored the first time vs. NYJ.  It was a very unimpressive 22, which I answered.

No you, Teef & 1-2 others get all worked up when there is anything perceived at all negative.

I started a thread discussing two concerns from yesterday Pass Blocking and Drops.  You are turning it into something different. 

20 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I was looking for a thread (before starting one myself) about the bad lone play (pass blocking) and the drops.  There were none and I wasn't going to root through threads to find comments on them.

Just say you needed the attention. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Really? He wasn’t last year and this year he has more O talent around him. Sorry but very bad is Wilson, and Young.. he is ok and shown flashes of being very good.

I can only imagine the Pats fan boards.....  You watch Jones more then anyone here, but Bills fans know him better??

I listen to the Ringer & Bill Simmons echoes what most are saying in NE, that stats mean little concerning Mac Jones, they look okay but belie that he is not playing well.

Oh and only the Bills contend with injuries, not other teams. 

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What  with you?????

You asked a question as to how many points NE scored the first time vs. NYJ.  It was a very unimpressive 22, which I answered.

No you, Teef & 1-2 others get all worked up when there is anything perceived at all negative.

I started a thread discussing two concerns from yesterday Pass Blocking and Drops.  You are turning it into something different. 

We get worked up because you skew arguments.  I don’t care if you’re negative.  I just don’t think you genuinely want to have a conversation. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

Just say you needed the attention. 

Missed you too.....   You do know it had been weeks since I started a thread.....😉

1 minute ago, teef said:

We get worked up because you skew arguments.  I don’t care if you’re negative.  I just don’t think you genuinely want to have a conversation. 

Where did I skew it here?

Was the pass blocking good last night?

Did the Bills not drop a lot of passes?

Yes or no answers will do. 

The offensive line is such a mystery to me ha ha. Since Josh has been here, the pass blocking has been decent to very good, but the run blocking was awful. 3rd and 1 anyone? These last 4 games, it's been the opposite, and the run blocking has been fun to see. And they convert those 3rd and ones. For yesterday, I sure give them a pass with the injuries. They surely outplayed the Pats OLine!

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Missed you too.....   You do know it had been weeks since I started a thread.....😉

Where did I skew it here?

Was the pass blocking good last night?

Did the Bills not drop a lot of passes?

Yes or no answers will do. 

do your thing my friend.  just don't hide behind the negative excuse when it comes to posters being down on you.  it's not your opinion...trust me.

56 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

He didn't notice the "pick six" that NE dropped.  Neither did I.  He did throw a ball to Diggs into double coverage that should have been picked.  I don't think it would have been a pick six though.  One thing he did notice was defensive ends and LBs getting free rushes at Josh all night and hammering him. He also noticed a long touchdown to Diggs get taken off the board on a blatant hold by a backup TE.  He also noticed a ball bounce off Diggs hands that would have been a 1st down on a 3rd and 11.

Why do you think Josh has struggled the last few games?   He has had bad o-line play, a #2 WR who has disappeared, a TE #1 who is on a milk carton, and slot receivers who have have been hit and miss, and a lot more miss than hit.  When Josh has to do everything sometimes it is going to look ugly.  Sometimes he is going to have to push.  Put any other QB in that situation and there is no way they win all three of those games.

I agree with you and Gunner Bill that the Bills played better around him last night.  The run game was really clicking.  There were some good things that happened last night, more so than in the preceding two games.  Let's hope that continues.  Let's hope the players around Josh can continue to elevate their play to match his.

I'll watch again and see. It looked like he had a lot of green in front of him if he caught it. 

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What  with you?????

"Justin Jefferson only has 2 drops and Diggs has 6"

"Jets only gave up 3 points to the Pats"

"When the Pats scored 22 on the Jets the first time, it was unimpressive"

"Defense played well BUT no turnovers and only one sack"

"Sorry, only 24 is just okay too".

giphy.gif

And quit being delusional that only 3-4 people criticize your threads.  You are the most criticized poster on the board outside of IronMaiden and Einstein but they've both improved....what's your excuse?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Dopey said:

It was a good win last night, but...

Typical of the same group on TBD.

Can't enjoy a win. 

A lot of us sure enjoyed it, a LOT too ha ha.

So many game balls to go around. A true team victory. Especially on the DLine, Stats show 4 QB hits and one sack, but they consistently pressured Jones all night.

As for the OLine, the run blocking has gotten so much better the last 4 games. I don't why, but I sure like it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

The pass blocking was so bad to start it kind of forced them into running more. Which was a good thing. Once the offense got some balance though I felt like they did a much better job. Obvious passing downs were brutal still. 

Which furthers my point that the Bills CAN run the all effectively when they focus on it and not just treat it as an accessory to their offense.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

While in the general sense I agree... I actually think last night was one of the least Josh-centric performances of the last few years. He only had to make that one incredible Davis play. Otherwise the Bills did a good job of keeping Josh in favourable situations for the most part, the slot guys, backs and tight ends got open for the short stuff, they ran the ball well and the defense shut the other team down. 

Well, if not for the penalties, drops and bad blocking, this game would have ended in a blow out. So I totally agree with Montoya, I even thought the same exact thing a couple of weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Antonio said:

Well, if not for the penalties, drops and bad blocking, this game would have ended in a blow out. So I totally agree with Montoya, I even thought the same exact thing a couple of weeks ago.

His general point is right. But the Bills, despite the mistakes, were less Josh centric last night than they have been probably in any other game this season. 

• Agree 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

His general point is right. But the Bills, despite the mistakes, were less Josh centric last night than they have been probably in any other game this season. 

Well yeah, I agree. Especially in the 2nd half. Once we were up 3 scores we totally abandoned the passing game and centered in the run. And that was the right call on the coaches, no need to risk our QB with that kind of Online protection hehehe

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills I thought were sloppy at times.  

They gutted out two time consuming drives (one a 14 play only 56 yard drive, which if a NE fan, would have been excruciating to watch).  They had a TD called back, a strip fumble too and allowed a 2 yard pass go 45 for a TD.  Add to that, the thread highlighted some bad blocking (which I seldom notice, so when I do it means it was obvious) and drops.

Sorry only 24 points just is okay too.  

Here's an example of your negative slant towards and double standard towards the Bills.

Below you clearly state it's not about how many points, it's the fact that they controlled the ball so long.  This is when the Jets beat the Bills 20-17.

But when control the ball against NE for so long....you state "sorry, only 24 points is okay too".  So the points matter this time.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:14 PM, Billsfan1972 said:

Allowing Zach Wilson to go up-and-down the field in time consuming drives to me that's being gashed.

Again it's not how many points they scored it's the fact that they controlled the ball for so long.

• Like (+1) 1

Oline play in recent years is such a trade off between sheer size and athleticism. Rarely do you get both.  Quessenberry is huge but seems to have a low skill set beyond just being a large obstruction.  His ankle injury made him almost useless and they didnt do him any favors putting him back in. I cannot believe that Murray is so bad that he couldnt come in for a relief role.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's an example of your negative slant towards and double standard towards the Bills.

Below you clearly state it's not about how many points, it's the fact that they controlled the ball so long.  This is when the Jets beat the Bills 20-17.

But when control the ball against NE for so long....you state "sorry, only 24 points is okay too".  So the points matter this time.

Zach Wilson is not Josh Allen.....  Allowing Josh Allen & the Bills time consuming drives (or 2 minute scoring drives) should happen all the time.

Allowing a Zach Wilson led NYJ to gash you defense is not good.  

We didn't have to rely on Josh being amazing.  The offense all clicked together and made enough plays to dominate New England.  Quessenberry was more brutal than I expected, but that's what happens when you have a "flexible" lineman.  He'll struggle on a lot of times.  There is a reason why he's a backup.  But man, we cannot put him at LT again.  They need to find someone, anyone, that can play somewhat thay position.

28 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

So if has more offensive talent around him and is playing as bad he is, how good am I actually supposed to believe he is then? You can blame the play calling all you want he wasn't good last night and hasn't been this season.

Sigh called terrible O coaching! The other teams were literally calling out the O plays, the media actually got hold of that before the Vikings game and BB admitted it’s been going on for SEVERAL weeks. Hard to execute the play when they know what’s coming. Last week they changed it up was more the OLD patriots O and look at that they moved the ball and scored a lot and probably have more if not for drops and Aghalor slowing down on a perfectly thrown deep ball.  Last night the O calling was pathetic again! They had 1 drive where they called it like last week then they went brain dead.. 

Amazing how a Bills fan can’t tell that O coaches can make or break a QB. Hell look at Gino Smith now, he looks amazing in Seattle.. but looked like hot garbage in NY Jets. Why? COACHING.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.