14 interviews 17

AlfaBill

Fitz actually had a lot of interesting insights  

• Mac Jones (or any QB really) knows that the playcaller doesn't trust him.  The result of too many runs, screens, dink and dunk passes.
  • Mac Jones doesn't have the stripes to call out a coach on the sideline.
  • Lee Smith story - Josh Allen is a lot like you, except talented.
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Kudos to Josh. He was definitely composed in that interview and having fun. Having watched the broadcast I can only think that the studio crew (minus Fitz) was hoping they would've been interviewing Mac Jones. Horrible job by the Amazon Crew last night.

I think the Amazon production crew has flat out sucked the entire year. It’s amateur hour at Amazon. I get the impression it is staffed by people who just couldn’t get jobs with the major networks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

I think the Amazon production crew has flat out sucked the entire year. It’s amateur hour at Amazon. I get the impression it is staffed by people who just couldn’t get jobs with the major networks.

I'm not sure I'd agree there. Those are some pretty accomplished people sitting there. But, last night it was clear there was more interest in propping up the Patriots, than reinforcing the strength of the Bills. I have to believe that when some of those early week games stunk so badly someone said they needed to everything they could to make sure viewers didn't change the channel.....so you try to make it into more of a game.  (At least I'm hoping that was the reason.)

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm not sure I'd agree there. Those are some pretty accomplished people sitting there. But, last night it was clear there was more interest in propping up the Patriots, than reinforcing the strength of the Bills. I have to believe that when some of those early week games stunk so badly someone said they needed to everything they could to make sure viewers didn't change the channel.....so you try to make it into more of a game.  (At least I'm hoping that was the reason.)

I wasn’t talking about Amazon’s on air talent, although Al Michaels has seen better days. It’s their production crew itself that leaves a something to be desired.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I actually really like Fitz/Sherman/Whitworth.  Tony G comes off a bit like the talking heads at other networks with the hot takes.  The other guys seem to really enjoy just talking about football.  Gonzalez made a comment that even if miami loses to SF they can win out - and all 3 of the other guys looked at him like... 4/6 on the road, in December and January...  that's tough for a prime brady/manning team let alone a rookie HC.  

Just now, K-9 said:

I wasn’t talking about Amazon’s on air talent, although Al Michaels has seen better days. It’s their production crew itself that leaves a something to be desired.

Yeah, it seems a bit sloppy.  They're trying to do SNF with the on field pre/post game show and its not great.  Honestly the SNF one might be worse - its just guys shouting over each other over and over again.  

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I actually really like Fitz/Sherman/Whitworth.  Tony G comes off a bit like the talking heads at other networks with the hot takes.  The other guys seem to really enjoy just talking about football.  Gonzalez made a comment that even if miami loses to SF they can win out - and all 3 of the other guys looked at him like... 4/6 on the road, in December and January...  that's tough for a prime brady/manning team let alone a rookie HC.  

Read my response above. Again, I wasn’t referring to their on air talent, but the production crew behind it. 

I hope every Bills fan watching on Amazon Prime struck around to watch that post-game interview. It was gold.

My favorite part was Josh admitting that one of the reasons he took the Gillette sponsorship was to troll the Patriots and their fans.

I'll admit, the extra cherry on top of the "soundly beating the Pats on national TV for the third straight time" sundae was seeing Josh Allen as the face of Gillette in those commercials that were being shown while his team was laying the smackdown in Gillette Stadium.

Most fun I've had watching the Bills since the Chiefs game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It's their first crack at it so I'll give them some leeway. The video and audio quality of Amazon broadcasts has been great all year. The on-air talent is very good. I think the production booth will get it together eventually.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I think that's true EXCEPT for that group that handles the desk.   I've never like Sherman, but all of them are articulate and have interesting things to say.  I like Cowher and Esaison and some others, but the guys that Prime has actually are pretty good.   The rest of the production - MIchaels, Herbstreet and the video, is second rate or worse. 

10 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

The rest of the production - MIchaels, Herbstreet and the video, is second rate or worse. 

Al used to be the best play-by-play announcer in the game but he probably should have retired a few years ago. Last night when the Bills punted for the first time, he said that last year vs the Pats*, Martin never saw the field. A moment later (I'm guessing after someone told him), he corrected himself and said that Martin wasn't even on the team last year. I don't think he makes that mistake in his prime.

32 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Al used to be the best play-by-play announcer in the game but he probably should have retired a few years ago. Last night when the Bills punted for the first time, he said that last year vs the Pats*, Martin never saw the field. A moment later (I'm guessing after someone told him), he corrected himself and said that Martin wasn't even on the team last year. I don't think he makes that mistake in his prime.

Michaels really is horrible.  All he says is biographical stuff that he gets right off his computer screen.  "Hines, of course, came over from the Colts a month ago."   "Cook, of course, is Dalvin Cook's brother."   

All season long he's complained about how boring the games are that they've broadcast.   Hello?   It's your job to make it interesting.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.