Edmunds Haters eat some crow.....

Kwai San

58 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

He was good. I 'm not going to overpay him for the next contract so the issue remains. He walks.

No crow here.

Thankfully people who KNOW football will make this decision.....not you.  No you go eat crow......heaping amounts of it around the end of their NFL year end transactions date if it even takes that long....which it proally won't. 

Crow - YUM!

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There was never a such thing as an Edmunds hater. Before this season he didn't live up to his draft status and was often times singled out and exploited by smart offenses. This year everything has finally clicked for him and it's impossible to imagine the defense being successful without him. I'm not going to eat crow. He developed into a much better player. Instead of pretending that he has always been this good I'm going to credit him for working his ass off to get to this point. And yes I would happily reward him with a big contract at the end of the season.

Dude....really?????  Never an Edmunds hater???  Them be some rosey ass glasses y'alls got wearing there.  Glad to see that YOU came around tho!  About damn time too!  Kinda takes time to become the best of the best, not that he is NOW but who knows in the future, the way he has been "improving"?  But hey you know better than most I guess.  Yeah enjoy that CROW.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I was anti-paying-Edmunds.

Then his injury happened and I saw what life is like without Edmunds.

Pay Edmunds.

That’s because you saw life with Bernard and Dodson. Big difference between them and starting caliber MLB in the nfl. 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, beerme1 said:

I can justify anything but I don't think I can justify paying the two of them that much money. I like the Milano deal. He gave us a discount.

I think Tremaine will be looking for four million more per year than Milano got. And god bless him if he can get it. It won't be here. IMO It Will be an interesting offseason with him for sure.

BUT....how do YOU know????  Seriously just how do you know thats what he is looking for +4 million???  Maybe looking around at the team he too thinks I give the Bills a decent price like several of my teammates and perhaps this might be a good thing???  How do you know????????  Perhaps you could be the next Nostradamus????  Just might be a calling for you.  Ya never know......

4 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Dude....really?????  Never an Edmunds hater???  Them be some rosey ass glasses y'alls got wearing there.  Glad to see that YOU came around tho!  About damn time too!  Kinda takes time to become the best of the best, not that he is NOW but who knows in the future, the way he has been "improving"?  But hey you know better than most I guess.  Yeah enjoy that CROW.

I’m an Edmunds hater. I mean I get that he’s better than our alternative right now but I don’t think he’s special. Physically he’s elite. But he doesn’t make splash plays that you would expect out of a top 5 paid MLB. And even if he was, I don’t want to be the team to give it to him and we don’t have the money to do it anyway. Better hope he takes a stupid discount if you want him to stay. 

yes, he made some good plays tonight. He always has. It’s not the plays that he’s in on that I see. It’s the ones that he should have been in on that he’s nowhere to be found. 

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, mrags said:

I’m an Edmunds hater. I mean I get that he’s better than our alternative right now but I don’t think he’s special. Physically he’s elite. But he doesn’t make splash plays that you would expect out of a top 5 paid MLB. And even if he was, I don’t want to be the team to give it to him and we don’t have the money to do it anyway. Better hope he takes a stupid discount if you want him to stay. 

yes, he made some good plays tonight. He always has. It’s not the plays that he’s in on that I see. It’s the ones that he should have been in on that he’s nowhere to be found. 

I feel sorry for you that you need to hate on someone like that....specially as a Bills fan.......hating on Brady/Gronk/any POS fins/jests player I would understand.

No sir - he has NOT always made plays like tonight.  He has made few plays like that in his early years.....BUT he is improving....and improving.  Bills brass makes the decision not you....thank the baby jesus for that!  Milano whom I am a HUGE fan of has not made plays we wanted him to make too....they all miss.  The learning curve is diff for all of them.....I too used to be HUGE pissed at Edmunds.....but dayam he has been MUCH better over the last 2 years......MUCH better.  Tonight after 2 games out was a HUGE opening of eyes for many of y'alls.  Sorry it wasn't you.

1 minute ago, Kwai San said:

I feel sorry for you that you need to hate on someone like that....specially as a Bills fan.......hating on Brady/Gronk/any POS fins/jests player I would understand.

No sir - he has NOT always made plays like tonight.  He has made few plays like that in his early years.....BUT he is improving....and improving.  Bills brass makes the decision not you....thank the baby jesus for that!  Milano whom I am a HUGE fan of has not made plays we wanted him to make too....they all miss.  The learning curve is diff for all of them.....I too used to be HUGE pissed at Edmunds.....but dayam he has been MUCH better over the last 2 years......MUCH better.  Tonight after 2 games out was a HUGE opening of eyes for many of y'alls.  Sorry it wasn't you.

Again. Arguing that Edmund’s is good by saying that his backups were terrible is not a good argument. Any other starting caliber MLB in this league would have done significantly better than Dodson or Bernard. Hell, Klein came back and in less than a week he looked better than those 2 jags. You’re missing the point. A reasonable starter would be just as effective in this defense. At least for the money they would get vs what Edmunds is going to demand. 

and I love the argument that I don’t make the decisions and Beane and the staff do. No crap. But guess what, here we are in a contract year, and Beane still hasn’t extended Edmunds. He’s had plenty of Chances. He’s resigned and added to multiple contracts over the past 2 years, yet Edmunds is still on a rookie deal. So right now, I’m more right than you are. It also appears that The Bills don’t and won’t have enough cap space to sign him to a future contract either. 

I hope you’re right. He becomes the best MLB we ever had and gets paid and earns it. Leads this defense to multiple SBs. I just don’t see it. And I personally think the teams money is better spent somewhere else. Like giving Josh more weapons and OL help. But that’s just me. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Edmunds dummies always been wrong.

He's a gigantic match-up nightmare. Rangy predator on the field. Somewhat timid, maybe, but it's slowly leaving with every start. He's going to be the 29-30 year old game wrecking savage that everybody wants. Yes, I'm bring up his age again, because yes he's accomplished a tremendous amount early. Just imagine this dude in even 2-3 years.

Tremaine is the Josh Allen of this defense. Lock him down.

No one was wrong when they pointed out his lack of impact plays over the past three seasons. Or his difficulty shedding blocks/blitzing. Those were demonstrably weak, or at least underperforming, facets of his game. The TOs and TFLs still aren't there, but no one can reasonably say that Edmunds isn't currently playing well all over the field. 

I'm willing, and happy, to retroactively rethink my past skepticism of his effectiveness in discouraging certain throws. Many have always simply assumed his condor-like length and athleticism has been clogging up passing lanes for years. Or if they've actually witnessed it, prior to this season, they've been unable to prove it. But I am finally seeing it live. The dude is different this year. 

Heck, tonight I was watching Edmunds effectively fit up the run AND cover Stevenson sideline to sideline in the passing game. That has been Milano's job in the past, attacking the RB whatever he does. 

Has me wondering if paying two excellent LBs could replace paying two excellent S in 2023? Now that Edmunds and Milano are essentially interchangeable? They might not be Kuechly and Davis, but they're gaining on them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

No one was wrong when they pointed out his lack of impact plays over the past three seasons. Or his difficulty shedding blocks/blitzing. Those were demonstrably weak, or at least underperforming, facets of his game. The TOs and TFLs still aren't there, but no one can reasonably say that Edmunds isn't currently playing well all over the field. 

I'm willing, and happy, to retroactively rethink my past skepticism of his effectiveness in discouraging certain throws. Many have always simply assumed his condor-like length and athleticism has been clogging up passing lanes for years. Or if they've actually witnessed it, prior to this season, they've been unable to prove it. But I am finally seeing it live. The dude is different this year. 

Heck, tonight I was watching Edmunds effectively fit up the run AND cover Stevenson sideline to sideline in the passing game. That has been Milano's job in the past, attacking the RB whatever he does. 

Has me wondering if paying two excellent LBs could replace paying two excellent S in 2023? Now that Edmunds and Milano are essentially interchangeable? They might not be Kuechly and Davis, but they're gaining on them. 

Well. That’s likely going to happen because if they find a way to keep Edmunds financially (I doubt they can), then they will surely not be able to resign Poyer, or extend Hyde after next season. Fwiw, I LOVE both Hyde and Poyer, but I’m not a fan of the extending Hyde, especially with his neck now. And Poyer isn’t without his injury issues now too. Point is, they will be 33 and 34 years old after this season. I just think it’s time to move on from them. Still not sure Edmunds fits money wise tho. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Again. Arguing that Edmund’s is good by saying that his backups were terrible is not a good argument. Any other starting caliber MLB in this league would have done significantly better than Dodson or Bernard. Hell, Klein came back and in less than a week he looked better than those 2 jags. You’re missing the point. A reasonable starter would be just as effective in this defense. At least for the money they would get vs what Edmunds is going to demand. 

and I love the argument that I don’t make the decisions and Beane and the staff do. No crap. But guess what, here we are in a contract year, and Beane still hasn’t extended Edmunds. He’s had plenty of Chances. He’s resigned and added to multiple contracts over the past 2 years, yet Edmunds is still on a rookie deal. So right now, I’m more right than you are. It also appears that The Bills don’t and won’t have enough cap space to sign him to a future contract either. 

I hope you’re right. He becomes the best MLB we ever had and gets paid and earns it. Leads this defense to multiple SBs. I just don’t see it. And I personally think the teams money is better spent somewhere else. Like giving Josh more weapons and OL help. But that’s just me. 

OK we can def agree to disagree.  I totally buy into your argument about giving Josh more O-Line help, NO QUESTION there at all......but bottom line you just can not dismiss him cuz ya hate him.  Yeah Beane is waiting....why....proally cuz he knows the kid is good and maybe just maybe I dunno wants to maybe send a message and hey!  Perhaps message received??  Who the hell knows??  I don't wanna argue this into the dirt.  I just think that yeah in a contract year the kid has had the lights turn on....like you it would be awesome if he turns into the next coming of awesomeness but who the hell knows???  Personally it is a hard decision but I think if Edmunds who just might have a head on his shoulders would give the Bills the same Milano price would that not be a bad thing???  If he is looking for CRAZEE cash....yeah let him walk.....ala Phillips/Gilmore/Lawson et al......yeah let him walk.

• Agree 1

Edmunds is likely to be offered stupid money..... I'm thinking that the only way he stays with the Bills is if he's willing to do a cap friendly deal. ..... I don't think it's likely though. ...... He's gunna be in demand big time!  ...... Sure as hell is nice to see him playing as well as he is at this time though. .... time will tell if he jumps ship ...But regardless......Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billy Zabka said:

I’ll gladly admit Edmunds has really upped his game this year and played consistently very good in year 5. That said you can’t ignore that his play was very uneven with few big plays in years 1-4.

Why do you think he's not already extended?  The Bills will have a price and it won't be top of the market like some bottom feeder will give him.  It'll be up to Edmunds if he wants to stay for a little less or take the money and run.

I'm repeating myself, but sure I speak for others as well. 

Last season, Edmunds was the subject of much deserved criticism. It's wasn't based in hate. The comments were based solely on performance and what appeared to be lack of effort.

There were missed tackles, bad angles, getting pushed around, etc.

I think we're seeing a different player this year. Something happened - either through self-evaluation and discovering areas for improvement, better health, or continued coaching that has inspired the turn-around.

Either way, Edmunds is playing lights out and is an integral part part an effective defense. Just as he deserved harsh criticism last year,  he's earned praise for taking it up a few notches this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.