Edmunds Haters eat some crow.....

Kwai San

OK....I TOTALLY get that some people aren't so happy with Edmunds past performances.  However this year and yes tonight after being out for 2 games the kid stepped up and had some actually awesome stops!  Please point out the horrific plays tonight cuz I sure didn't see them.  The dude is gonna get paid and right now he is deserving......sorry Edmunds haters but he is and kinda has been damn good......even tho he doesn't fit YOUR mold.  Sorry.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Agree 16
  • Thank you (+1) 6

He's played really well this season. I know many expect him to be making huge plays every time he's out there. He has his flaws but he's steadily improved year to year and is a very consistent presence in that defense. They've brought him along since he was 19, he's been a captain, and he's been the defensive play caller since his rookie year. His size and athleticism are unique and he forces offenses away from targeting the middle of the field quite a bit. He does a lot of good things and the defense is better when he's in. I'd like to see him stick around. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

There was never a such thing as an Edmunds hater. Before this season he didn't live up to his draft status and was often times singled out and exploited by smart offenses. This year everything has finally clicked for him and it's impossible to imagine the defense being successful without him. I'm not going to eat crow. He developed into a much better player. Instead of pretending that he has always been this good I'm going to credit him for working his ass off to get to this point. And yes I would happily reward him with a big contract at the end of the season.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 4

Edmunds seems to be playing with more of a sense of urgency than I can ever recall in his career. He has been popping on the screen a lot more, not because he’s getting game changing turnovers, but because he’s making the stops we all expected out of a 6’5 250lb 4.5 16th overall pick.

We don’t really need one of these threads after every good game he has, just like we don’t need an “Edmunds sucks” thread after his bad ones. People just like being divisive and argumentative methinks. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'll admit to being disappointed in his play prior to this season. Amazing what a contract year (and better DTs) can do to light a fire under some guys...

He'll maybe never play with the sustained physicality and relentlessness that one might want out of such a supremely talented athlete, but at least we're seeing a glimpse of what they were hoping for when they moved up in the first round to draft him. He's playing well.

If this means I'm eating crow, so be it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well he's better than his brother, I'll give him that.

Seriously he and Oliver are putting the Bills in a tough spot. 

Both are worth retaining but are they really comfortable paying them both Top 3 💰

Poyer wants to get paid and Milano may want a new deal the way he's be ballin out this year. Tough decisions to be made down the road.

• Agree 3

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Maybe they can get him at a good deal like we did with Milano

I can justify anything but I don't think I can justify paying the two of them that much money. I like the Milano deal. He gave us a discount.

I think Tremaine will be looking for four million more per year than Milano got. And god bless him if he can get it. It won't be here. IMO It Will be an interesting offseason with him for sure.

Edmunds dummies always been wrong.

He's a gigantic match-up nightmare. Rangy predator on the field. Somewhat timid, maybe, but it's slowly leaving with every start. He's going to be the 29-30 year old game wrecking savage that everybody wants. Yes, I'm bring up his age again, because yes he's accomplished a tremendous amount early. Just imagine this dude in even 2-3 years.

Tremaine is the Josh Allen of this defense. Lock him down.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.