I’m kind of Over the Hines Experiment

EmotionallyUnstable

Idk about ya’ll but I was excited about the additional of Nyheim Hines.

It seems they’ve slowly, and finally started to work him into the game plan. He was heavily involved early, and then McKenzie started to take over those snaps.

It seemed like every sweep, handoff, or target was sniffed out, or went no where. I wonder if there was some sort of formation tell, or they keyed into him based on personnel or usage, but it just flat out stunk.

I’m not a huge McKenzie guy, but age again had a solid game. 

Im kind of over this trade. Let him return kicks and get touches here and there, and revisit this in the off-season.

Singletary is my guy. Let’s let him and Cook take it the rest of the way. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 25
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What experiment?   He is a big upgrade in he return game and if needed can probably do some thing in offense.   His presence is felt and he has been great.  People had unrealistic expectations is the only issue I see.  

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't think that he's comfortable with the offense yet, which means the coaches aren't comfortable with him in the offense.

He didn't do himself a lot of favors tonight in the regard but at least they're getting comfortable enough with him enough to try

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

Just now, Simon said:

I don't think that he's comfortable with the offense yet, which means the coaches aren't comfortable with him in the offense.

He didn't do himself a lot of favors tonight in the regard.

I mean this guy has never been an elite player. Decent pass catcher and injury fill-in like McKissic, Perine, etc. He is actually a very good returner and we have seen that so far. NE also plays good teams year in and year out so today doesn’t count. 

We traded a 6th and an incredibly unproductive RB for him, what did we think we were getting? He will have a role and make some plays but we are still figuring out what we can do with him. We have barely practiced with him. 

Instead, why don’t we focus on how much better Cook has been and how we now have the luxury of a Hines as RB3.

• Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Big C said:

Instead, why don’t we focus on how much better Cook has been

I think one of the things that makes Hines continue to feel intriguing is that Cook still really hasn't looked like a good ballcarrier yet.

He's a better passcatcher than Motor but unless he has a gaping hole even front of him, he cant get into the second level.

Hines is probably even a better ballcatcher than Cook and if he can run into the 4 and 6 hole he might be a better option than the rookie right now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.