Figuring out Knox

Wizard

Echoing sentiment about his grieving, 

Also I think some folks don’t fully realize what a right end’s role is and how few of them are game wreckers as receivers. If the OP plays fantasy football they would know how frustrating it is.

Kelce is one of a kind. Mark Andrews is only getting fed his volume because they have no other legitimate options and he drops the ball too. Kittle goes through injuries and even when healthy there are times where here is mostly used to block and disappears on the stat sheet. Etc, etc

No need to worry yet. 

He’s open. The touchdown to Diggs he was open on the other side for an easy touchdown. 
The 3rd and 3 I think it was Allen hit Diggs deeper on a real tough throw Knox appeared open on the other side short. 
I really just think Allen isn’t looking for him on most pass plays. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

9-3 indeed. I'm a little worried about his output but it's clearly not really necessary right now. I think he has the talent to spark up at any moment which is nice.

More worried about our TE2. Sheesh, talk about an ignored role. We got old 1970s brickhands Sweeney causing penalties and a very unproven Morris, who does seem sort of nice in his limited time. Regardless, the fact that our TE2 consists of basically otherwise ignored no-names is a tiny bit more concerning, we need to bolster every bit of this offense. It's Knox or nothing at that position right now it seems.

2 hours ago, Wizard said:

I am curious the opinion everyone has on Knox's role in this offense.

The guy is being paid a good chunk of change to average 2-3 catches a game and will probably have 500 receiving yards or less this season.

Tonight he had zero catches, and I believe one target.

Is he overrated? Is he not used properly? I know the Bills are not known for having top flight TE's. I am just trying to figure out if he's fools gold or if a package of plays need to be catered to utilize him.

What say ye?

He is just a puzzling and polarizing player in this offense in my view.

I'm counting this season as a wash for the guy, he just lost his brother and everyone handles grief differently, you can clearly see his head isn't in the right place which is understandable.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel2014

28 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s open. The touchdown to Diggs he was open on the other side for an easy touchdown. 
The 3rd and 3 I think it was Allen hit Diggs deeper on a real tough throw Knox appeared open on the other side short. 
I really just think Allen isn’t looking for him on most pass plays. 

I was pointing and yelling "Knox! Knox! Knox!" on that 3rd down play. Glad it worked out though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We want Dawesome, but Dropsome came to play tonight.  Right now dude is a Dow Joneser.

46 minutes ago, colin said:

dow joneser!!

After reading this, why am I jonesing for a 'Highlights' magazine from the dentist's office?  Need the latest adventures of Goofus and Gallant. 🤔😁

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd like for a member of the media to ask Josh why. 

I think the short answer is Diggs. Allen’s got a little tunnel vision for him. Not totally a bad thing cause Diggs is dominating. But the offense is better when everyone is involved. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Wizard said:

I am curious the opinion everyone has on Knox's role in this offense.

The guy is being paid a good chunk of change to average 2-3 catches a game and will probably have 500 receiving yards or less this season.

Tonight he had zero catches, and I believe one target.

Is he overrated? Is he not used properly? I know the Bills are not known for having top flight TE's. I am just trying to figure out if he's fools gold or if a package of plays need to be catered to utilize him.

What say ye?

He is just a puzzling and polarizing player in this offense in my view.

7 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

He's a blocking TE because we had a turnstile and a potato at OT today.

He ran a decent amount of routes tonight. He was open a few times underneath and Josh didn’t look his way. 

I don’t think Knox is a bad player. I don’t know his value as an individual. I think the lack of involvement is a combination of the QB not feeding him and the OC not having enough plays with him as the primary. 

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think the short answer is Diggs. Allen’s got a little tunnel vision for him. Not totally a bad thing cause Diggs is dominating. But the offense is better when everyone is involved. 

I think it's all of it. Knox's head, Josh's tunnell vision, Diggs desire for more targets and our banged up oline...

Just now, Tenhigh said:

I think it's all of it. Knox's head, Josh's tunnell vision, Diggs desire for more targets and our banged up oline...

Oh, and our new OC doesn't seem to want to involve TEs.

8 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

He’s had a bigger role blocking this year I think, and to be honest I’m not sure if this year is going to be a huge “numbers” year for him given his off-season. He will get back to form, but he’s got to get through it on his own time.

My theory: he’s gonna show up for a big play in the post season that will completely overshadow his regular seas woes. 

Theres part of me hoping were hiding a lot of our offense for playoffs(would be dumb but daboll admitted to being vanilla last year until the chefs game). Im not a fan of the passing game. 

7 hours ago, beerme1 said:

I want to stop throwing to him. I can't stand the ratio of passes thrown to and caught. It's just ridiculous and makes me 100% on OBJ. If we can somehow. Which I still don't understand how we could, but that's not my job or my business. 

OBJ catch % the past 3 years: 54, 53, 55.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.