Apologize to our running game

VW82

On 12/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, Simon said:

They get it out when they think they need it.

Betcha it goes back in the closet next week.

Folks didn't like your take, but it does seem like our OCs have to learn the "balanced offense" lesson over and over and over....

When did things click last season? When we started running the ball more.

How did we dig ourselves out of the turnover-machine hole we were digging this season? We started running the ball more.

They need to keep that balance and quick passing game to force teams to play more men in the box and gamble with single coverage.

Then it's bombs away.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, VW82 said:

😆

Good one 

It's the truth........they replaced Daryl Williams with Rodger Saffold(a worse pass blocker and better run blocker) and Quessenberry literally allowed the most sacks of any tackle in the NFL in 2021 but had a GREAT 80 PFF pass blocking grade.    Spencer Brown and Dion Dawkins are both much better run blockers than pass protectors........Brown more notably because he's truly horrible in pass pro at this stage of his career.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The Bills ran the ball a lot more this week because the Pats**** played a ton of dime defense to try and stop Josh and the passing game. I think I read it was like more than half of our offensive snaps the Pats**** were in dime. They weren't putting a lot of guys in the box to stop the run, and the Bills took advantage.

I'm not sure I'd say it was the Bills specifically planning for a run-heavy game as much as it was Dorsey/Josh recognizing the looks the Pats**** were giving us and making the right play calls. Encouraging to see (1) the Dorsey had the right plan for a light defensive front, (2) Dorsey/Josh made the right calls, (3) the offense executed the run plays well, and (4) Dorsey stuck with what was working when the Pats**** stayed with the same defense.

7 hours ago, Rubes said:

The Bills ran the ball a lot more this week because the Pats**** played a ton of dime defense to try and stop Josh and the passing game. I think I read it was like more than half of our offensive snaps the Pats**** were in dime. They weren't putting a lot of guys in the box to stop the run, and the Bills took advantage.

I'm not sure I'd say it was the Bills specifically planning for a run-heavy game as much as it was Dorsey/Josh recognizing the looks the Pats**** were giving us and making the right play calls. Encouraging to see (1) the Dorsey had the right plan for a light defensive front, (2) Dorsey/Josh made the right calls, (3) the offense executed the run plays well, and (4) Dorsey stuck with what was working when the Pats**** stayed with the same defense.

I am not sure how much Dorsey adjusts either.

But it worked.

The run game needs to be part of a Holistic Bills Offense. They need to become very good at running, even when they dont run.
Besides that , O linemen love to run block. its a fact. Makes em happy to push the Other guys around !

Motor is better than many people seem to think, but he's not a great receiver. Cook might surpass him for this reason. Still, Singletary is outstanding when it comes to wiggling through crowded spaces. He's kinda like a poor man's version of Marcus Allen in that regard. If the OL becomes the focus of next offseason, our run game might be excellent. Add that to our air game prowess and we become less predictable. A balanced approach is harder to defend against.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:29 AM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’ve said it all year.

Cook is fine, just get him the ball.

Singletary is 4.5 ypc and steady as they come.

WGR pushes the don’t ever run narrative. 

Bills possessed the ball forever tonight. 

WGR is unlistenable on that point. Chewing up clock with the run while extending a lead on a team that can't score quickly is a beautiful thing. Keeps your defense fresh. It's got to be a viable option.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:37 PM, VW82 said:

You know who you are. 

1636 rushing yards on the season. Over 5 ypc. 

Cook and Singletary over 100 yards this week despite offensive line issues and against a good run D.

The roster isn't even built for this. 

Josh is a stud who carries us lots but our running game has taken a lot of flak undeservedly this year. It's legit and it's time we recognized that fact. They deserve a game ball. 

running against two bad run D's in Browns and Lions made me skeptical. But then they ran well against Patriots. Glad i was wrong.

Let's hope it continues.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.