Is Diggs on pace for the HOF?

Igotbills

To me, he’s got to maintain his pace in Buffalo for another 4ish years to make it.  He was absolutely pedestrian in Minn if we are talking HOF.  2 out of 5 years over 1k, not special.  So he’s upto a 50% over 1k.  He’s going to have to add to it to be HOF worthy.  To me he’s a top 10 guy for the last 3 years, he needs to add another 4-5 years before he’s a consideration.. that said it seems more like the Hall of Good now vs the HOF.

27 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

They brought this up last night...but has Diggs went from good reciever in Minny to a Hall of Famer with Josh???  

- 3 straight 100 reception seasons

- led league in yards and catches

- Likely to be 2 seasons over 1500 yards

- 58 touchdowns so 100 is in play. 

- 686 career receptions so 1000 in play

- should hit 10k yards next year

If he wins a superbowl is he a lock if he continues at this pace for 2 more seasons?

Damn, dude. Check the current topics before starting a new thread

🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mango said:

WR is such a log jam. There area a million of them in the HoF with a bunch more playing. 

Diggs is talented enough to get in some day if he remains healthy and consistent with his current play. But he hasn't come close to doing enough yet. He will have to string together 5 more years and a Super Bowl appearance or two to even begin to enter the conversation. 

So odds are very good that Diggs will get his second first team all pro selection this year if they name three WR's like they have been. And whether it takes him 3 more seasons or 6 more seasons odds are very good he will surpass 1,000 career receptions.

The list of players with 2+ first team all pros and 1,000+ career receptions are:

Jerry Rice           10- 1st TM 1,549 receptions

Terrell Ownes     5- 1st TM 1,078 receptions

Marvin Harrison 3- 1st TM 1,102 receptions

Chris Carter       2- 1st TM 1,101 receptions

Andre Johnson  2- 1st TM  1,062 receptions

Steve Smith Sr.  2- 1st TM 1,031 receptions

Only Johnson and Smith Sr. are not in the HOF. But both are selection candidates. Time will tell if either gets in. 

What is hard for me to sort out is the AP hasn't always picked three WR's for first team all pro but it seems to be a trend that has started in the last 10 years or so. That may move the target to 3 first team all pro selections rather than just 2. And obviously with the increased passing game over the last 20 years and extra game we may see the new target of receptions move to 1,100 or so as the minimum. Both are still very achievable for Diggs, 3 first team all-pros and 1,100 receptions.

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Seems like he’ll need to top 15k career to have a chance. 

Can’t believe Steve smith isn’t in. 

Not shocking at all. Steve Smith's first year of eligibility was last year. No way was he going to be a first ballot guy. He might get in this year. Probably not. Most receivers have to wait 5+ years or so.

40 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

To me he’s a top 10 guy for the last 3 years, he needs to add another 4-5 years before he’s a consideration.. that said it seems more like the Hall of Good now vs the HOF.

He's been better than top 10 these last three seasons. He's been top 3 in two of them. If he can be top 3 three in one more season beyond this one, I think he's a lock. That would be three career first team all-pros. 

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He's been better than top 10 these last three seasons. He's been top 3 in two of them. If he can be top 3 three in one more season beyond this one, I think he's a lock. That would be three career first team all-pros. 

There’s always an argument of where a guy falls, I’m saying top 10 because I don’t find it definitive of who the top 5 really are.  I think he needs to show longevity, which I see no reason he won’t.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.