Is Diggs on pace for the HOF?

Igotbills

10 hours ago, Wizard said:

If he has 3 or so all pro years, then he has a shot.

Remember guys like Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Steve Smith and Andre Johnson had some huge years and more counting numbers than Diggs.

Diggs is awesome as a player, his passion, leadership and work ethic. He has a shot.

A Super Bowl win and a few more top 5 receiver seasons would put him in that Tier 2-3 level of all-time receivers.

Yeah when they showed Diggs on the sidelines talking up players and Herby jokingly said is he telling them why he dropped the ball it irked me as to me it was awesome seeing that. As Diggs is a real leader and so glad he's here, not sure if he matured after the trade here or he was misunderstood by Minnesota but he's just been awesome here as you stated. 

His route running is next level, I mean just look at the 2 plays where Gabe and Diggs ran the same endzone routes. Diggs had the guy looking for his Jock, we're definitely watching something special here. He has it all, his short game is good, his long game is good, he has over the middle toughness, he seems like he's getting more yac this year too (too lazy to look it up). I love his passion too, he's come up with a couple of good sound bites this year that had me fired up too.

11 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

He's got to keep this pace up for another 5 to 7 years to be a HOFer.

Really might only be 4 more years. Even if we take out 1 game per season starting last year to account for the extra game Diggs should easily surpass 1,000 career receptions in just 4 more seasons. The list of players all time to have 1,000+ receptions is only 14 players long and all are HOFers or guys that are continually up for the HOF. 

He should end up with around 720 career receptions after this season. So over 4 years he would only need 70 receptions per year to reach 1,000 career receptions. The last three seasons he's probably averaging something like 115+ receptions per year. 

Making the hall of fame as a receiver is going to be so hard now. The numbers are so inflated. But imo, being a top 5 receiver for at least 5 years in a row puts you in at least the discussion. Couple more seasons like his first couple with the Bills and it will definitely be a discussion.

He will need at minimum 1 and ideally multiple championships to get in I think unless he keeps up production for a crazy long time, like another 8 years. There are so many great WRs today that I don't know if he separates. He's at his peak right now and I don't know if I'd take him over a peak Adams, Hopkins, Julio, or even a guy like Antonio Brown in his prime. Against the stars of today like Kupp, Jefferson and Hill I don't know if you can make an argument that he's better than 4th.

There's no question he's an elite player of his era, but I think he's going to have to collect some hardware to separate himself from the pack.

Edited by BullBuchanan

15 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

He's got to keep this pace up for another 5 to 7 years to be a HOFer.

15 hours ago, Wizard said:

If he has 3 or so all pro years, then he has a shot.

Remember guys like Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Steve Smith and Andre Johnson had some huge years and more counting numbers than Diggs.

Diggs is awesome as a player, his passion, leadership and work ethic. He has a shot.

A Super Bowl win and a few more top 5 receiver seasons would put him in that Tier 2-3 level of all-time receivers.

WR is such a log jam. There area a million of them in the HoF with a bunch more playing. 

Diggs is talented enough to get in some day if he remains healthy and consistent with his current play. But he hasn't come close to doing enough yet. He will have to string together 5 more years and a Super Bowl appearance or two to even begin to enter the conversation. 

I am assuming he finishes this year at 720 career receptions.

I honestly think that even if he drops off he is still good for at least 100 receptions a year for the next three years.  let's give him...11 TDs per year in those years, to go with 4 more this year.

Including his average per reception his numbers at that point would look like this:

11 years, 1,020 receptions, for 12,750 yards and 95 TDs

Again, those estimates might be low, but he is getting a little bit older.

Fantastic career that goes beyond the numbers.

If he makes it to 13 years and can do some similar production (1,200 grabs, 15,000 yards, etc.) and wins a Super Bowl...absolutely.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

They brought this up last night...but has Diggs went from good reciever in Minny to a Hall of Famer with Josh???  

- 3 straight 100 reception seasons

- led league in yards and catches

- Likely to be 2 seasons over 1500 yards

- 58 touchdowns so 100 is in play. 

- 686 career receptions so 1000 in play

- should hit 10k yards next year

If he wins a superbowl is he a lock if he continues at this pace for 2 more seasons?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.